Trailer Trash

Not so inspired Thursday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Managed a few miles around the neighborhood just as it was getting dark. I had to get out and ditched the brewery running group as they met later and I was losing motivation. Haven't yet found it today, either. I will get to yoga class at lunch and will also log a few miles this evening.

qotd: Fall update? Here in the mid-atlantic, it is proving to be very pathetic. With a very dry end of summer, the leaves are just shriveling up and dropping. On the other side, I follow a northern MN- boundary waters webcam, and they have had snow for the past week. And it doesn't appear to be melting, just adding.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we got a fresh 5-6" of snow yesterday, more today is the forecast.  Tiny Elvis and I got 3-ish miles on the trails yesterday evening, Tiny doesn't seem to mind the snow 

tools advantage of a lull at work this morning and got 200 yards of lunges and 4x50 air squats in

plan on 3-4 miles this evening in the snow

qotd: fall has ended here, pretty short lived- looking at 20's with lows in the single digits, that's more typical of January 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tiny Elvis is so cute in the snow!  I can just picture him bounding through it.  Smile

QOTD: Late fall is in full force here.  Trees are pretty bare and it's been gloomy, cloudy, and chilly.  And thus I begin my long countdown until March.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Feels like spring here today. Weird. Just a walk around the block (1 mile) so far with the missus, the old springer SirB, and the Lady. Planet of fitness later and since the weather is so nice a few miles this evening on the trails at Green Lane Reservoir.

QOTD: Some trees here still have leaves mixed with green and some color, but a lot of leaves came down with the wind the other day. Not super dramatic colors since September was so dry. Still not very fall-like in terms of weather. We have not had a hard frost yet in my neck of the woods which would be helpful to put a nix on the constant mowing plus it puts the whammy on the cannas so that I can chop em' down and dig out the bulbs.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

6.7 miles around memorial lake last night.

QOTD  like the other PA peeps, the color on the trees is very disappointing due  to the dry weather.  We went to Glen Onoko falls in Jim Thorpe  two weeks ago and the trees there were not very colorful either.

LB2

Another rest day. Legs feel great; ready to run.

QOTD: Hot AF here, still. And will be Hot AF at Pinhoti again. I'll slow down.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just 3 this morning...looking forward to the change in daylight savings...morning light makes it easier to get out of bed.

QOTD:  We had a nice fall (see pictures from Tuesday)  but I think this is the last week..rain expected Friday and possible snow on Monday.

LB@:  Good luck this weekend.  Go #2!!! What time/day do you start?

Warden:  So cute Tiny E flying through the snow.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Busy this morning so running around 4:00 with DW in the woods.  She's been on the road too much and needs some trail time.

LB - good luck. Don't forget you get an extra hour this weekend.

Sandy - partying in Houston last night.  I'm going to miss baseball for the next few months.

QOTD: +1 to all the PA people.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB@:  Good luck this weekend.  Go #2!!! What time/day do you start?

7AM CDT. I think that would be 5AM for you, Saturday AM.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi yesterday in Santa Fe and 5 today this morning along the Rio Grande in Albuquerque. Both days nice and cool.  Fall colors mostly yellow around here.

It's official, put my name in the lottery for Hardrock.

AT - A great series.  Both teams rocked!!!! But glad that "Houston Strong" pulled it out.

qotd: see above for NM. My DD says that this week has been "warm as usual" back in Houston.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So you will be 1/5 way done before I even wake up.

7AM CDT. I think that would be 5AM for you, Saturday AM.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ha, the title hits the spot. Not in a good place right now, probably should run more. 

But, on the bright side, I just discovered that magically I have 140+ hours of vacation time, of which I'll have to use up around 40 hours soon (I can carry over 200 hours, but I don't want to stress it out), so I can see a (bright!!) light on the horizon.

LB2: Good luck, I hope things will go well. Any live tracking?

traildc: Way to go. I think some yoga would be good for me, too.

warden: Looks like you got 3 miles in, and TinyE around 9. 

Mandy: I'm with you counting down!

XT: Such days which feel like a totally different season throw me off at first, but then I try to fully re-live a "spring" (or whatever) day and enjoy it.

muppy: Nice miles.

Queen: We seem to disagree a lot lately.  I am dreading falling back into daylight wasting time!

Sandy: Albuquerque, sigh. One of my favorite places. Congrats on the Hardrock entry, I hope you will get a spot. When is the drawing?

QOTD: Pretty much like everywhere in PA. Looks like mid-late fall, but colors are not really bright, especially the oranges and reds. And if the colors are somewhat bright, that lasts maybe two or three days, then the leaves shrivel up and fall. Have hardly seen any "spectacular" tree at all this fall.

There is sometimes a little bit of frost on the car in the early morning, but it's still unseasonably warm during most days. Good with me, though, I can wait for the cold, the longer, the better.

Run for fun.

GC100k

QOTD  like the other PA peeps, the color on the trees is very disappointing due  to the dry weather.  We went to Glen Onoko falls in Jim Thorpe  two weeks ago and the trees there were not very colorful either.

Really? I could have sworn we had a wet summer, but I've only been in PA a few years. In the Ozarks we had the same amount of annual rainfall as here but it got really dry for July and August and the grass dried up. Here I had to keep up with the mowing all through July and August and had the impression we had a cool and wet summer.

Colors are nice. Not spectacular, but nice.

Weather has been good so far this fall. Hopefully it'll be like last winter where I ran on the trails all winter and I only went off on my "why do we live here?" rant a few times. The winter before was when we had 34" of snow in 24 hours and I was forced onto the roads most of the winter.

XtremeTaper

Really? I could have sworn we had a wet summer, but I've only been in PA a few years. In the Ozarks we had the same amount of annual rainfall as here but it got really dry for July and August and the grass dried up. Here I had to keep up with the mowing all through July and August and had the impression we had a cool and wet summer.

Colors are nice. Not spectacular, but nice.

Weather has been good so far this fall. Hopefully it'll be like last winter where I ran on the trails all winter and I only went off on my "why do we live here?" rant a few times. The winter before was when we had 34" of snow in 24 hours and I was forced onto the roads most of the winter.

GC, I agree summer was pretty rainy and cool for PA however it seemed we had a long dry patch for most of September. What general area do you live at here in PA? I am southeast PA, 10-15 miles from Reading. Typical winter running here is pretty good on the trails unless we get walloped with Noreasters.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

What general area do you live at here in PA? I am southeast PA, 10-15 miles from Reading. 

South Central. in the Cumberland Valley in north York county, a bit west (across the river) and south of Harrisburg.