Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me other than biking to work

qotd: weekend plans?  I'm hoping to get out to the Big Belts for a 20-ish mile loop, it's about half hiking, half running- should give me some good time on my feet and snow shouldn't be too much of an issue (or so I hope ); also have to put together a new grill- orders from the boss!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Long run tomorrow with DW and a friend.  It will be DW's longest run since our 24hr event.

warden - snow - Yea, I love snow.

Mandy - after seeing warden's sig line, tell NH I said hi, and miss him.

QOTD:  Run, cookout and some roofing on my 3 season addition.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

7 more over the bridge this early am... I'll be glad to be done with that, though it's been fun seeing familiar faces each day, lots of service workers. No trail running on this trip unfortunately, but we'll get a little hike in today at least.

qotd: considering how this all turned out, I'm hoping to get my LR on trails back home Sunday am. other than that it's unpack and decompress and I'm glad for no social engagements(!)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.3 this morning early before DW had to head out to work.  Then plotted my plan to intercept Scott Jurek on the AT.  (see pics on AT-runners post).  I almost did not go through with it because of the amount of people trying to meet up with him and run with him.  At one point there were 9-10 people running with him (or so I was told).  But since he posts his tracker, I assume he welcomes the attention.  Nonetheless, it was cool.

QOTD: Pool time today, LR on Sunday, house/yard work on Saturday.  Not sure what else.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Kiddos had an early am appt this am, which involved fasting.  That meant breakfast afterwards, a big one since they must have wasted away 10% of their body weight in those 9 hours of not eating.  So, it's mid-day and I don't have a plan, but a full belly.  Maybe a few miles on the treadmill at the gym so I can also get in some strength work and escape the humidity.

Mr Jamie (oh, all grown up now!)-- congrats on meeting up with Scott Jurek with the kids!    I hope they enjoyed it and it leaves an impression.  fyi-- your link to the pics is not working.

qotd:  swim meet tomorrow, maybe kiting for the men in the house.  Not much else going on, which is nice, IMHO.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work, so this is a SRD.  Earlier in the week I had felt run down and slow. After a easy day and a rest day I ended up with a very good run last night. Sometimes it pays to rest or cut back I guess.

QOTD: Working 24 hours today and Sunday. Planning a 14-15 mile run tomorrow afternoon.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 very fast miles last night - had to outrun the storm that was throwing lightning bright as daylight all around me. Succeeded. 

Spent the rest of the evening frantically searching for DS's swimsuit, no success there. Found the swimsuit today in the lost and found at his summer camp - his brother had mistakenly taken it with him. 

Now I'm getting ready to head out with DD for a few miles.

traildc: kids and fasting - always a good idea.   Hope you enjoyed the breakfast afterwards!

QOTD: Work very early, until mid-afternoon. Not sure if I'll be able to get in a significant run. Otherwise, help the kids recover from their first week of summer camp. Did I mention I'm a big fan of "active recovery"?  

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not really ready to run this morning due to office picnic but the dogs really deserved it.  Could have been the beer or it could have been the burger (haven't had red meat in over a year).  Any who we snogged 4.5 miles.  Yes snogged; equal parts sniffing and jogging.

QOTD:  No plans final but will go boating one day and a longish run another day..that's about it.

Mr Jaime:  When did you change from a boy to a MR?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jmctav23

2/3rds training

did somebody say snow?  From yesterday's 16 mile loop in the San Francisco Peaks in Flagstaff

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ nice 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone, just finished my LR, 17 miles along the coast.  I started earlyish, but not early enough. It got very warm in the direct sun. I was beat when I got back.  A good building week for me though, 50 miles total.

Last night we had dinner at a very high-end place overlooking a cove.  This was moored there, it's a little think called the "Maltese Falcon".

Qotd: I'm just hanging out now, I may go to the Plaka and do the Acropolus later then meeting some local colleagues for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow I fly to London.  Cooler temps up there, but no snow.  :-)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL