Trailer Trash

Too Humid Tuesday (Read 20 times)

LB2

I ran a quick 2.5 this morning. This morning the humidity was quite thick, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. In fact, I got up to run yesterday, looked at the condensation on the outside of the windows, turned on the coffee pot and sat down.

QOTD: Is the weather changing much in your neck of the woods?

Not much of a change yet, but I know a drop in humidity has to be just a couple of weeks away. I really want to run in some cooler weather.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Back to the grind today unfortunately   going to try and get 5-ish in after work; my recovery run went well yesterday- legs a little tired, but that's expected

qotd: yes, summer is gone and early fall is here!    woke up to 38 degrees this morning, the higher mountains have a blanket of snow- the weeks forecast temps are upper 60's, low 70's- absolutely perfect

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to crawl into bed. Have a plumber coming this afternoon to check out my well. We've been running out of water. Had the same thing happen two years ago and it was a bad submersible pump. They dropped in a new one and now we are having the problem again. I'm hoping it's just a bad pump because that's under warranty yet. Other problems might be a well going dry, hole in the well pipe or even a plugged up pipe.  At any rate it will probably be expensive.

Depending on when the plumber gets here I'll run 5 miles before work.

QOTD: It's really changing a lot. It's much cooler especially at night. Humidity has dropped quite a bit. The tree leaves look like fall is coming and the corn has dried down so fast it's looking like late September, early October.  If it wasn't so bone dry things would look better. Haven't had meaningful rain in about a month.

The weather people are predicting a long, warm fall for us. Based off that we will probably have snow on Oct 1st .

runtraildc

Got in a couple of miles last night.  After a foot flare up on Saturday it has settled down so I think the frequent, but low and easy miles are helping. I'll work on building this week.

qotd: Yes. It's still hot, but not as bad and it cools off in the evenings. We're seeing temps in the 60s at night, which is great. Morning's are pretty nice, too.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a shade under 7 this morning.  It was a nice and mostly relaxing long weekend.  Got in some nice running, some work around the house, one last day at the pool yesterday, and kids did not kill each other (even though they may have wanted to).  I ordered some new Hokas which are on the way! DW is not so happy about "all of my shoes".  My response - "at least I wear/use them at a lot".  But I do have 1 o2 pair in the garage that are retired so I suppose it does look a little ridiculous.  Oh well....

QOTD: As DD and DC said, cooler of late - mostly nights.  The weekend was unbelievable weather.  I ran into a father/son backpacking the AT for the weekend (son was 8 by my guess).  I was very jealous.  But temps will be back in the 90's this week.  I am ready for consistent 40's and 50's.

Have a great day!

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't ."  - Rikki Rogers

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

qotd: yes, summer is gone and early fall is here!    woke up to 38 degrees this morning, the higher mountains have a blanket of snow- the weeks forecast temps are upper 60's, low 70's- absolutely perfect

I know a girl who posted some pictures of a dusting of snow around Red Lodge, MT this weekend. She is from down here, a doctor. She is doing here residency up there; I think. Anyway, she is looking to head back down to NOLA as soon as she can. I told her she was crazy. I know the winters are harsh, but they aren't as harsh as the summers are here. But, who am I to say someone is crazy? I moved back, too.

LB2

some call me Tim

I'll get in 5 later on today if there's a window.. last day before the kids go off to school and there are a still bunch of things to chase down in preparation and I'm gonna give them one last hurrah - a visit to the movie theater or something.

qotd: Yep, same here as in a lot of places, much cooler at night and a break from the humidity.

I finally pulled the trigger on my event, in the end opting to keep it to friends and acquaintances and 25 entrants to make sure I (and our bathrooms) can handle it and isn't an issue with my homeowners insurance. If any of you happens to be in Western NY in mid-October, you're welcome to jump in - I launched last night and thus far have just a few confirmed - but mostly this is kind of a brag. Race website:

The Boondoggle

Have a great day, everyone.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Birthday Tim!!!!!!    (and happy anniversary!)

blarg - your trails look great! And the event sounds cool.  Too bad I am not closer.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

I got my fill of humidity this weekend while in western NC, you guys can keep it! Although it was awesome being back in the woods running some nice Appalachian trails.  Got in 5.25 with pearl back on the local trails. Have a good day all.

QOTD: Yes we are starting to cool off and chile's are starting to get roasted.

dpc3

Queen of Nothing

Sue

About five this am...nothing too exciting.  Although I pulled out the long sleeves and the capris...it was over kill.

QOTD:  Wells it cooling down.  We ran 18 miles Sunday at 8,000 some feet and we FROZE!!  It's suppose to be cooler but with no sun and wind it was down right cold.  My wrists and hands were numb.  I was running with them tucked under my pack straps holding a boob each  trying to get them warmed up.    Falling wouldn't have been a disaster with my hands tuck away.    So any who, we think fall is arriving early this year.  Our Chinese maples are shedding their leaves without turning colors first.

blargendarg:  Your trails look great...I was expecting something a wee bit bigger then a deer trail.   if I was local I would do it! Nice job on the website.

Tim Happy Birthday and Anniversary...did the rest of you guys know that Tim and his wife were cheer leaders in college.    sorry Tim...feel free to unfirend me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

5 mile group run tonigt.

qotd  acorns and poplar leaves are falling. Maples are turning a little. Cooler but still humid.

Sandy-2

Been away for a few days crewing for my DD at a horse ride.  Good to see the TX horsey people again, nice group of folks, plus they let me run on their marked trails ("new trail" in the monthly challenge done).  DD came in 2nd in the 55 miler, they did a final "kick" and raced to the finish, but she was about a foot behind the other girl.  Actually my DD was on a relatively new/young horse that she is training, and who was doing his first ride longer than 30 miles and had never had a run-off at the end, he didn't shift it into his higher gear until too late.  She was laughing and joking afterwards that he "kicked" after they crossed the finish line.

After she was done with that and the horses were settled and fed, my DD and I did a 6 mile run on the trails.  (She is in heavy training for an event that she is doing at the end of Sept. so she wanted to do a "block" of sorts.)

I took yesterday as a SRD, and today I'm going to run after work.  Speaking of work, I'm back in my Houston office today, it sucks.

Blarg, nice trails.

qotd:  I'm basically in the same weather system as LB2, the armadillo saw its shadow so we'll have 6 more weeks of summer (actually I just made that up, but it does fit).

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Time well spent on the weekend

Ah, looks like you were fishing for rainbow smelt .  Nice looking fish, but really tiny. Native or stocked?

dpc3

Ah, looks like you were fishing for rainbow smelt .  Nice looking fish, but really tiny. Native or stocked?

I was fishing alone so when I did catch nice size squirmers 12-14 in in size I didn't mess around with my phone because I couldn't handle them with one hand. All fish caught and released where native and the rivers I fished have never been stocked.