Trailer Trash

Wet Wet Wet Wednesdailies (Read 27 times)

It is pouring buckets here.  I like running in the rain, but am dragging my feet a bit about getting out the door.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Pouring rain here and the wind is starting to pick up.  I like running in the rain, but not starting out in the rain, and especially not a cold, windy rain.  Make sense? So, I think it will be a gym day.  I was doing well at regular strength training, but it has fallen on the wayside the last week.  It's a good day to focus on that.  After I make DS's birthday blueberry pie though.

qotd:  See anything ridiculous lately?  Yesterday, as I was finishing my run (next to the dog park), I noticed one of dogs-- one of those nonsense, fluffy white lap dogs-- had it's tail fur dyed flourescent green.  It was like the dog had a halloween wig attached to its ass.  I felt bad for the dog.

Occasional Runner

6 mountain miles with Malan the Mountain Dog. This was the coldest morning so far, but still comfortable.

QOTD: Yeah...I see something ridiculous almost day on my run. There's a lady that hikes my trail every morning and we usually cross paths around the same time every day. She wears a big Cat in the Hat top hat and carries a big pack with stuffed animals strapped to it. The animals change with regularity. She's pleasant enough but the dog and I think she has a screw loose.

The pooch and I ran 4 miles of sloppy wet woods trails while it rained buckets.  I love running in the rain, but agree it is harder to get out and get going in a cold hard rain.

QOTD: Nothing comes to mind.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Not sure if today will be a running day or an elliptical day. Ankle/Achilles feels pretty good so I may try a run/walk with DW if I have the time before work.  If I do run it will be  a shorter 4-5 mile jaunt.

TT - please keep the rain down there for several hours.

Runtraildc -- Saw your post yesterday about your car needing a timing belt and water pump. I decided to replace all that stuff in DD's car while I have it tore apart. But don't start heading up this way just yet. This will be the first ones I've replaced.

Lace -- I keep thinking that I should get a dog again. I miss running with mine.

QOTD:  I see a lot of  weird, ridiculous things. Mostly in how people behave.

QOTD 2:  Is something "bugging" FTYC????  I think I may have the answer to her disappearance. I seem to remember that her Father was coming for a visit around the time of the Tussey MountainBack. That was this past Sunday. Since he is an Entomologist I'm picturing He and Marie chasing bugs around the hills of PA with microscopes and magnifying glasses . At least I hope that's where she is at.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

running w/ the local ultra group this evening, this is my speed workout- I'm pretty sure it isn't for them 

qotd: I saw some crazy bastard last week running up to a 9000' lake through up to a foot snow to make two casts (but he did catch a nice cutthroat!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

7.5 yesterday evening, and I'll do the same thing later today. This week, I am running and practicing walking fast along the trails. I'll end up with about 35 to 40 miles for the week. Then, next week will be really light.

QOTD: I see weird stuff everyday at work, but I don't see much of anything in the way of weird on the trails, which is the way I like it.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Rain here as well.  Looks like I'll get wet again during my lunch run.

QOTD:  Saw these rock carvings deep in the woods last week.  Sent them to a FB page and no response yet on who or when they were made.

Compass carving.  It is pointing in the right direction.

Looks like a lizard, or maybe phallic!

More gecko's or something.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost blew the morning run off but Earl and I got out there...5.3 miles.  The ground is still wet; so only one of those "wets" apply to my run.

QOTD:  I mentioned Bob the old guy I run into on Tues and Fri..he's at least 75...he dyes his beard black while his hair is gray and thin...it looks ridiculous!  My guess is   his beard started graying before his hair so he started dying it when he was in his 40s and has never stopped...and for some reason he is ok with his head hair gray???

runtrailDC:  Same here...ok if I get rained on but the thought of going into it makes it hard to start.

Kelly:  That is a wee bit crazy!  Even the dog knows it's crazy.

mtwarden:  Not too crazy..I heard he caught a fish.

AT:  Cool..

It's LB2's birthday...give him a spanking or 2. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Happy birthday, Burke.  Hope you have a good one while you enjoy the taper.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Thanks ya'll. I am just bent over with my pants down waiting for a spanking... I can take it!!! I'm 46!!! I'm a grown ass man!!!

LB2