Trailer Trash

The Weekenderly----great moments (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 9 on one of my favorite trails with Earl and Jack....lot's of knats neede glasses to keep them out of my eyes.

qotd:  Favorite forum moments here or RW?  I remember when someone asked how to simulate trail running on a treadmill.. One of you smart asses said you put green and red tape on the belt.  Green represented roots and red rocks so that you would need to jump over them.    Pretty sure the poster believed you.

gator eye is doing Marquette today....100k. Go getter gator!!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

8 miles on thr trails this morn. Not too hot today.

qotd  on RW someone posted that your uterus would fall out if you ran too much. Other posters kept repeating this for years.

and there was the post about the poo monster.

AT-runner

Tim

Did 6+ with DW today. Long run tomorrow.

QOTD: That's a hard one. The raid of the barefoot site was epic. I wasn't banned, and SS's way she handled it was comical. Some of the early RWOL fights over Trail Running vs Ultra running were fun to follow.  They always got John M fired up. I'm sure I'll think of something tonight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Trail 5k with DS this morning.  Rain, wind, slick mud and standing water.  Glad I didn't (couldn't) run the 10 miler.  DS got second in the open (under 40) group. Also got 4 miles of hill training yesterday before leaving northern WI.

qotd: prob the mayo vs miracle whip fight

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A shade under 10 this morning.  Another 10 tomorrow am and I will be golden.

QOTD: Getting banned from RW was a highlight.  It was pretty funny that I did not even know I was banned until 2 days (or so) into it.  Apparently you could still post in the forums but no one else could see it.  I couldn't figure out why no one was responding to my posts.  Then I came back under a different name.  It was all harmless fun.  I think it started with a question I asked about making a decision between Hokas and running barefoot.  People took me serious.......ah fun times.

Have a great night.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

10 mi this morning up the mountain. My legs were toasted, but it felt good getting it done.  Then we went to the beach.

qotd: I'm not sure why, but I didn't get banned by RW, thought the whole thing was funny.  Best advice during the bear attack discussion;  "don't pick up a lone single glove you find on the trail".

tbd.

muppy

8.5 on the semi shaded rail trail. As lousy as I felt on the run the night before, this was one of those happy runs for everything felt just right!

QOTD  I only joined up when we switched over here from that other place,  so nothing too memorable. But I am a little offended I never got banned at that other place.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

10 miles... Was going to do Hash Harriers but friend baled on me. 😥 May just stay home....

AT-runner

Tim

18 miserable miles on the C&O Towpath.  Weatherman LIED. It was warm and humid at 8:00am.  We had 4 soaking storms roll through and one with thunder and lightning. I turned around at 9 miles because it was evident I was going to run out of water. Good move, as I ran out with 3 to go and had to fill up at the only pump along the way with less than 2 miles left.  DW had her worst run in years and was still 4 lbs down after we stopped for lunch and drank a lot.  Forecast was for drop in humidity and no rain until the afternoon.  As a plus, it now feels great outside as cool front finally came through.

AWESOME Bronze for Galen Rupp in the Olympic Marathon today!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

We helped out some flood folks on Saturday, and I had to keep the kids and do yard work while my wife went to a co-worker's husband's funeral. He had a heart attack in the middle of all the storm stuff. He was 53. My youngest daughter always looks on the bright side of things and said, "Well, at least he was laying on the couch when he died." I guess that was opposed to being swept off the road during the flood.

QOTD: That is sort of a hard one. I think it was when "Bad Rat" acknowledged that he "nailed" one of his co-workers. It was just sort of out of the blue and had nothing to do with the rest of the post. He was just proclaiming it. And then, Thom (Prairie Runner) awarded him the "post of the year".

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I remember when Baggae pants was so happy that he got laid the night before.  He had the dancing monkey going. 

QOTD: That is sort of a hard one. I think it was when "Bad Rat" acknowledged that he "nailed" one of his co-workers. It was just sort of out of the blue and had nothing to do with the rest of the post. He was just proclaiming it. And then, Thom (Prairie Runner) awarded him the "post of the year".

dpc3

Ah I got banned and was part of the solution to the barefoot v. hoka debate. Notice solution not "problem" good time.

6 and 6 over the weekend.