Trailer Trash

Tasty Tuesday (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sitting here at the beginning of work sipping on a tasty smoothie.  Summer marks smoothie season in our house.  Kids love it but DW and I love it more.  I got in a short run and good workout last night. I hope to get in a good run tonight.  Tonight I will also start training with DS1.  We will be running a 5k the end of July.  He is a little cocky right now so we will have to put him in line.

QOTD: Got any short races scheduled or thinking of running this summer?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I ran 5 this morning in 47 minutes, not too bad for a run in the dark where the first 2 miles seemed real stiff.

QOTD: Nothing short. I'm thinking about fall already.

LB2

runtraildc

And here I am, sipping on my smoothie (strawberry, banana blueberry with a dash of lime and ginger).  And that's all I have, folks.  No running for me today, though the foot feels much better even without ibuprofen. Will get to the gym for weights and a row.

qotd:  I was eyeing a short trail race, trying to convince DS1 to join me, but if filled.  I have another one in mind in August for us all when we're back in MN visiting family.  I'm planning on the 10 mile, but there's a 5k for the XC boys.

AT-runner

Tim

Got out early for 8 miles in the woods in the early light. Was very nice and peaceful.

QOTD:  5k's hurt too much. You have to breathe very hard. I'm done with those.   No summer races scheduled, but might add something in. It won't be a 5k.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Day off yesterday, 6 or 7 miles tonight with a 5k trail race sandwiched in the middle. I hope to be smart and only run tempo effort. Smoothie sounds good, but I am often disappointed in the ones I make. I did some fresh mango/pineapple ones last summer. Need to try those again.

QOTD: Ha, well I have race 2 of the Warwick Park 5k trail series tonight, and also in August and September. I can see myself jumping into something local, such as the halfwithalf in Reading (Aug), Double Trouble (15k), or Coventry Woods 10k (July). I usually like a few shorter trail races in the summer.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

Two a day. 6 miles this morn and 5 mile group run tonight.

qotd  I have been running group runs for races. There are three fast runners. If I keep up its like a race.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bike to work, swelling on my ankle is better, but still some; have a mountain adventure planned for the weekend, so will probably forego running this week

qotd: I have a 14k trail run in a couple of weeks, it's my shortest race this year

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So the plan was to run another 10 but got 5.6 instead...legs were tired.  Jack was dragging at the end and I thought limping but hard to tell because he walks with a floppy leg strut.  This was on a down hill on the road and he was better when we hit the flat. So hopefully he is fine.  We had two labs that require knee surgery..DH always said I ran them too much.   but then he told me I need to take them for a run.

QOTD:  We have a ranger relay going in July.  We run two short runs and one about 10 miles/  I plan to be drinking beer throughout it.  ,

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Ankles are feeling a little stiff today.  Depending on how they feel by this evening I'll try for 8+ miles but it might be less or nothing at all. Need to work in some strength training as well.

QOTD: I just stumbled onto a new race that has a 7.5k, a 15k, and a 30k version. I would like to run the 15k and let DW walk the 7.5k. I would probably catch her just before she would finish  so we could finish together. Unfortunately it's on our weekend to work .

I was planning on running the new Hyner Half but it's looking more like I will switch to running the Boulder Beast which will be ~25 miles this year.  It all depends on how many people sign up for the Boulder Beast. It's the old Megatransect and has a new RD this year after the old RD threw a hissy fit and pulled out over logging in the area. So far participation is way down so I may just support that race even though it's longer than I would like to do.

DigDug2

Easy 5-ish this morning.  Racing this evening.

QOTD:  there's a nearby series of low-key, weekly cross-country races over the summer, usually 5k-ish - I'm racing my first one tonight.  Good crowd, fun way to spend a summer evening.  I'm also planning a few road 5ks and some track races - I have some goals I'd like to hit before I get too old to turn the legs over.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Easy 5-ish this morning.  Racing this evening.

QOTD:  there's a nearby series of low-key, weekly cross-country races over the summer, usually 5k-ish - I'm racing my first one tonight.  Good crowd, fun way to spend a summer evening.  I'm also planning a few road 5ks and some track races - I have some goals I'd like to hit before I get too old to turn the legs over.

That sounds like fun.  Wish the had something like that around here.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Tapering stationary bike yesterday and this morning (Wed.) at the Hotel.  Tomorrow is the big test run, fingers crossed.

qotd: there was talk of someone putting on a 20k night trail run in the beginning of July, but the web site still doesn't give any info yet.  Not sure if it will actually take place.  If it does happen I plan on doing it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

No run today...thought about getting out really early...the I didn't.

Sounds like ankles are in peril around here! Be careful out there.

Warden, it sounds like you are getting ready for another fun adventure.

Qotd: this weekend I am running in the North Country Trail Relay. I wish I had not agreed. I prefer my slow pace to be a problem just for me...it is a lot of pressure...but I warned them when I was invited. I hope it will be fun.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k