Trailer Trash

Total Tuesday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I ran a little over 4.5 this morning. It was nice and chilly at about 47 degrees.

QOTD: What are your race plans for 2017 and did you have or meet your goals for 2016?

I plan to run some distance at Equinox, probably 50 miles in March.

I plan to run 50 miles at Bobcat Bait in September.

And I plan to head back to Alabama in November and run my favorite race again, Pinhoti.

I had planned to run Pinhoti this year, but my brother in law passed away in April, which put everyone into a bit of a tailspin. I just never really got focused on running this year. We even cancelled our summer vacation. I took that money and sent my wife and kids on a getaway with my sister in law to the beach. So, I am looking at 2017 with high hopes. So, I didn't reach any goals beyond survival in 2016, but surviving is good.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.5 this am.  My mind went elsewhere and before I knew it, I was done.

LB2 - yes surviving is good.  Running and races are overrated anyways.  

QOTD: I have not real plans for 2017 running wise.  I really really need to get my dissertation done in 2017 - hopefully in the spring.  Then I can think about some races.  Ideally maybe I could plan on a 50 (or 2) in the fall.  I would love to return to Montour 24 (polly the 12 hour version) again in the summer.  But this is all going to depend on my ability to get the mileage in.  So nothing set in stone is a good thing right now.

RE: 2016 race goals.  Sure.  I ran the races I wanted.  I was slightly short on finishing times I projected for myself but close enough and felt good after every race I ran so it is a success.  And now that I think about it, I believe my main goal was to stay healthy.  Not quite to the end of 2016 but I would say I did pretty good.  I am  with it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I'm taking another SRD today, but I'll do some core training later.

qotd: I'll find out the results of the Hardrock lottery on Dec 3rd, and if I get in that will be the main focus for 2017 (HR is July 14th).  There are now almost 1900 entries for the 145 spots - crazy.  I'm doing a local road marathon with friends in January (really sort of a training run). I'll also work the aid station at RR100 in Feb which is always fun.

2016 was a mixed bag; great trail running in Korea, some bad runs, sick, injured, dnf'ed a 100k, finished a 100 mile. . .  I did need that 100 mile finish at Grindstone in order to put my name into the HR lottery again, so that was a big plus.

tbd.

NHLA

4.7 miles on the mt. This smoke is really bad. My eyes are burning.

qotd  yedi or not 25k jan.

runtraildc

4 miles last night in the dark and on the streets.  Almost hit by an idiot pulling out of his driveway, staring at his phone and definitely not looking at where he was driving. And it wasn't a momentary glance.  I'm really hoping my ring made noticeable scratches on the hood of his car where I hit it to catch his attention.  I don't know why I waited so late to run.

qotd: No big plans. This year was side-railed by a few things and I feel I'm finally getting back to where I was, but then again, I've seemed to have lost any speed so maybe not.

nhla- sorry to hear about the fires. I hope they get them under control soon.  So much of the east coast right now is tinder dry.

XtremeTaper

6 miles for me and the Lady on the hilly leaf covered trails of Coventry Woods today at lunchtime. Nice day. Warmer than I expected and even a light long sleeved shirt was too much. It should have been a short sleeve day. Did see one trail wanderer out there walking a somewhat excitable black lab.

QOTD: Depends on WS lottery. Probably do the 12 hour in FL (Whispering Pines) in February, work MMT aid station again, then either WS or Mohican. I did not have any huge goals for this year but did well at both my ultras. Little bummed that I am ending the year dinged up but this too shall pass.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Did 25+ miles yesterday on the bike and freaking froze my butt off.  It was 62, partly sunny, only a light breeze and I was dressed for 45-55 degree weather. Went to work and had no calls all night so I slept for 5+ hours. Came home and died for another 4+ hours and still feel like crap . Must be sick .

Plans were to do some spinning on the bike inside but it's such a nice day that I think I'll head out for a 4-5 mile jaunt in a few minutes. Probably just do my run/walk combo.   My left hip is still bothering me but it's real low level discomfort and is never in the same place two days in a row so not sure that anymore rest is going to help a lot.

QOTD: I made a list of possible races for '17 and came up with a solid dozen I'm interested in. Of those there are 4-5 that I have starred and will try to work into my schedule.

First is in Feb in southern Maryland. The Frozen Hearts. Three loops give you 50k, but they have 1 and 2 loop options. I'll probably look at the 34k option.

Second  is in early April and I hope to have a choice between a technical 1/2 and a easy 30k. Leaning towards the 30k at this point.

Third one is going back down to Delaware. I'll probably do the Triple crown again while DW will walk the 5k.

I may try to sign up for Rothrock as I might need to use some PTO over that time, otherwise it's on my weekend to work.

My big goal race will be Montour 24. Probably the 12 hour day version. Really want to hit 50 miles there.

After that all the other races are on my weekend to work until October.  Anything I do in the fall is dependent on if or when a fall runners rendezvous occurs in Montana.

2016 was not a good year for a lot of reasons. Just didn't have much fun in both life in general and running. That being said I did meet most of my running goals even if it was a bit painful.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 4 miles with the boys this morning...they were crazy sniffing everything.  I cut through my neighbors property and about 2 months ago some kids set up camp on it.  Well it looks like someone is back.  Ten years of no squatters and now 2 within a month.  Oh and I fell...should have never told AT DW I rarely fall because that is all I do now.

QOTD:  I don't know but I have been giving it some thought...I am thinking of cutting back on long runs and adding Mt Biking with the old man.  Or run a 100   I ran pretty good this year and will continue to try and reach my goal of 1,500.  I am pretty close. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄