Trailer Trash

Trailer Run Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out in a bit to meet Jamie for a run in the Gettysburg Battlefields.  I reminded him that he was tapering, and he said "I don't even know what tapering means".

Muppy - Nice job at BC. Get some good swag this year?  I'm wearing an old Blues Cruise hat today for my run. It's my favorite hat.

QOTD:  Do you avoid starting off the dailies because you don't have a QOTD, or is there another reason?  I don't mind kicking things off but sometimes have no question in my head at the time and will wait.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

Have fun, guys! I'll get in 5 miles at tempo around lunchtime, then a bunch of mobility work.

qotd: I usually don't get over here soon enough for it to be an issue... never been much of a morning person. Otoh, on the rare occasion I have a question I will plot to start the daily.

Daydreamer1

No run today from the way it looks right now. Have to go and fight with a business that is trying to rip off my daughter . Why the hell can't people just be ethical anymore .

What is tapering?????  I never get trained enough to really bother with one either.

I lost my BC hat from 2013 along a trail last year. Talk about separation anxiety!!!!  Darn near had a mental breakdown over it. Someone found it and hung it from a tree so I got it back .  In that area it was probably a mountain biker.

QOTD:  It's about 50-50. Sometimes I have a question but don't log in in time to post it. Then there are days I don't want to post the QOTD because I don't have the time to engage in any chatter.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Morning!

Will there be a Jamie/Tim photo from today's run?  Pretty please?

I rode my bike to work today.  Not sure when I'll try running again.  I win October's non-existent challenge!

QOTD:  I'm pretty lazy and usually wait for someone else to do it.  And generally I don't do any form of workout in the morning unless I'm biking to work.  But anyone should feel free to start the dailies with or without a QOTD.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Did 4 miles this morning.  Although I was going along the streetlight-lit sidewalk I brought a little handheld for the dark spots, don't want to trip now.

Jamie - taper, taper, taper. But have a nice run guys.

DD is 500k through her 1000k ride in South Aftrica.  The basic rules are you have to ride 3 x 25 mile loops each day for 8 days straight, the person with the least total ride time wins.  Each loop is on a different horse and you have to use 3 different horses each day.  She has a string of 8 horses for the ride.  If you fail the vet check at the end of a loop, you have to get on another horse and re-do the 25 mile loop right then.  She was dealt a blow first off, on her first loop on the first day her horse had a sore foot (must have stepped on something), so she had to re-do the first loop - effectively giving everyone else a head start (yes the added loop adds to her total time).  But she has bounced back and she says she is slowly working her way up the field. There are no live results and no way of knowing where she stands, however I get some text messages at the end of the day from her.  She said she's feeling great and has some fresh horses in her string that haven't even done a loop yet.  Here's a link to a FB page.  If you go down a bit there is a little video clip of her riding, my DD is Devan and she's wearing #1.

https://www.facebook.com/smex1000/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

P.S. following her on one of these things does not help my taper, but it is inspiring!!!!

qotd: nice question about starting the question, I sometimes question the sanity of trying to think up a question for the qotd just so I can start the daily. Wait, what was the question again? Oh yea, yes.

MM, wait you can't win already, there is way too much month left and we all like a non-existent challenge.

. . .  I win October's non-existent challenge!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

brought my running stuff, but probably a 50:50 chance of running with the rain, if it's light I'll run, heavy will run Wed and Thurs instead. Legs still a little sore from the race, but not bad.

qotd: I can usually think of something (might be lame, but something  Wink, I'm up pretty early so I've started quite a few of the dailies

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still on a fail streak as far as running go.  I went to update my log and I only ran one day last week.   This ends now!!!   Ok noontime run it is!!!

QOTD:  I don't start the dailies when I have no QOTD and have yet to run.  The two together just seems too much to post.  Then again being west coast you guys usually have it covered.

DD:  It's a shame that to get the best price, service etc you have to be a bit of a dick head and persistent.  Whenever I have a problem I just let them deal with my husband.  Not that he's a dickhead but he can be if he is being screwed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Will there be a Jamie/Tim photo from today's run?  Pretty please?

Nice day to get lost in the Battlefield.  I ended up missing a turn (damn roads) so we ran over 9 miles in 1:17.  We mixed in some horsey trails and Jamie got to see Devils Den, The Wheatfield, Little Round Top and the sight of Pickett's Charge.  As you can see, I'm Working on my Trail Beard for Trailfest next week.

XtremeTaper

A rare zero day yesterday but I did get some yardwork done after work. Will get the Lady out after work for the typical 7 miles. Trail TBD. Cloudy and cool here today. As for Blues Cruise stuff, still have my short sleeve and long sleeve tech shirts from 2007, 2008. Ran sub5 there both years but barely the first time. My 50k PR is there.

QOTD: Typically if a QOTD pops into my head I will start up the daily but that's about it.

Queenie - Just say no to the zero.

Sandy - I hope hurricane Matthew does not impact your race this weekend. Any news on that from Grindstone?

Warden - On us all, a little rain must fall.

Mandy - Congrats on the virtual non-existent win.

DD - Good luck with rip off artists. Car related I suppose?

Blarg - Tempo Tuesday!!

AT - Take Jamie on the short loop please, or pretend to get a lot of cramps and take walk breaks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

DD is 500k through her 1000k ride in South Aftrica.  

https://www.facebook.com/smex1000/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

P.S. following her on one of these things does not help my taper, but it is inspiring!!!!

Go Devan.  Those damn vets seem to have it our for her. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Great photo, guys!    I am jealous of your run!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That doesn't sound like tapering!!!

Nice day to get lost in the Battlefield.  I ended up missing a turn (damn roads) so we ran over 9 miles in 1:17.  We mixed in some horsey trails and Jamie got to see Devils Den, The Wheatfield, Little Round Top and the sight of Pickett's Charge.  As you can see, I'm Working on my Trail Beard for Trailfest next week.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Uh...moral of the story...if running with AT, plan on more mileage than you originally planned.  Actually it was quite nice.  It felt like 6 or 7 miles.  My legs feel really good.  It was a good place to run.  And good company even if he doesn't know his way around his own area...

Mandy - you need to start the "non-challenge" challenge or "un-challenge" challenge or whatever you want to call it.  No rules.  No winner.

QOTD: I don't know.  I usually have a bunch of questions floating around in my head.

Have a great rest of the day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I took the day off to catch up on some chores. I ran early this morning for a hilly, tempo run of 6 miles. I saw one large boar that I could have easily gotten a shot at with a pistol. But I don't have a holster that doesn't bounce. Plus, I haven't bought my hunting license since I probably won't hunt again until spring. Anyway, it was a nice run.

QOTD: I sometimes forget the great questions I come up with on runs. But I can usually come up with something, good or bad.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Uh...moral of the story...if running with AT, plan on more mileage than you originally planned.  Actually it was quite nice.  It felt like 6 or 7 miles.  My legs feel really good.  It was a good place to run.  And good company even if he doesn't know his way around his own area...

If we had been on trails, 1:17 would have been the right mileage.

Sorry, it's been about 7-8 years since I was on that section of road and it wan't One Way back then.