Trailer Trash

Tea Time Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

XtremeTaper

No run yet today, though I did do planet of fitness routine at lunch. I am contemplating a few miles this evening but reserve the right to shout "f this shit" if the wind is still cold and gusty. Just a dusting of snow here this morning. It's all gone now. Just the cold and wind remains.

Last night was a muddy mucky 5 miles with the Lady out on the trails on the easy side of Green Lane Reservoir. Slate grey best describes the condition. Some light cold drizzle added to the ambience of it all. Did run into my trail friends (and their dog) towards the end of the run. I hadn't seen them out there in a few months. I think we were all taking advantage of DST. Not spring like weather though at all.

QOTD: Pass

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I knew that would happen...

I hate day lights savings...back to trying to drag my arse out of bed to run start a run in the dark.  In addition to the dark it was raining...fast forward to it's now 7:54am and I need to get to work.  No run.  Just came back from doctors and it is dumping out there.  If it slows up after work I will try to get out there for a run.  Did plan to go to gym but not too safe driving out there so umm..

QOTD:  What good habit do you wish you would maintain?  For me drinking less.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tea time indeed.  Because I am drinking tea.  Because I am sick.    So I got nothing.  Probably won't climb tomorrow, but we'll see how I feel.

I love DST.  Bring on the sunshine after work!

QOTD:  Eating less sugar.  This is a big problem for me.  I feel like I eat fairly healthy meals, but I also eat a lot of candy/cookies.

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Looks like much of the northeast is in a cold wet funk again.  Got several inches of wet snow this morning.  DW and I are going to a friend's house to have Korean fried chicken, so no run tonight.  Legs need a break anyway.

Mandy - Hope you feel better soon.

QOTD:  I guess it would be general house cleaning and maintenance or working on the car.  When I do a good cleaning or maintenance project, I feel good about myself.  But getting off the arse can be really tough.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Ran yesterday evening , it was pretty nice , The Big Storm hasn't made it over the Sierra yet . We have weather starting this afternoon until Saturday .

QOTD: Same as Mandy . I can't seem to kick it for good .

runtraildc

Good afternoon people. This cold wind is wreaking havoc on my plans for a run today. I'm not sure of it is gonna happen.

Qotd: eat less sugar. Like others, I eat healthy meals, but candy and cookies are my downfall. I made these delicious chewy coconut cookies last week for the kiddos, and I think I ate them all 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got out yesterday evening with Tiny E for 4-ish snow packed miles- absolutely glorious evening, sun shining 40 degrees with no wind

I think we’ve finally turned the corner on a very long winter; I actually took my truck out of 4WD for the first time since November    We still have a lot of snow and the temps have been well below freezing at night, but calling for a week of high 30’s to low 40’s- hooray!

strength train this evening; I’m in week 12 of a program that incrementally increases your weight, every fourth week is a “deload” week where you back off the weight- this will be timely as the last couple of weeks have been tough

qotd: not much for sweets, I drink one or two beers a night, don’t watch a lot of tv.... going to have to go with “house work” (or more precisely lack there of) - I’d much rather play in the mountains

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

No run today. Had a long drive to and from, and the interview was two and a half hours. I was awesome...guess I will wait and see if they agreed. I hate my current job, but it affords me lots of time to run...a commute would cut into my free time.

Mandy: hope you feel better.

Warden: glad spring is on its way to you.

QOTD: I need to develop some sort of routine and lead a more organized life. I fly by the seat of my pants and it leads to procrastination . I don't hold out much hope that it will happen.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi after work today.  Perfect running conditions, except the green tree pollen is still around.

Nice photo valerienv.

Feel better soon Mandy.

qotd: I'd like to get into the habit of doing stuff right away, I'm a procrastinator on some things.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

GC100k

Nice afternoon run on a trail I found here in Texas visiting family. 70 degrees and pleasant.

QOTD: No comment. I don't have any good habits.

LB2

I did not run Tuesday.

QOTD: Save money.

LB2