Trailer Trash

Thursday is today! (Read 34 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

I got in a pre dawn run for the first time in forever it seems.

3.25 really easy. It took a while to get going.

I'll be getting 4-5 tonight in the hills behind the rodeo arena when my 7 y.o. is at her horsemanship lessons.

QOTD: favorite store or brand to deal with?

Brooks running is my new favorite. They sent me a brand new pair of shoes for free after I filed a warranty claim on a pair with 200 miles or so. The stitching in the upper was starting to come out (an inch of it or so). It has since been fixed with a hot glue gun.

Brooks replied promptly, was apologetic and just great to deal with overall.

LB2

7 tonight is the plan.

QOTD: Running Warehouse is my favorite store to have any dealings with. Shipping is free; return policy is excellent; prices are great; Shoefit thingy has never let me down on a pair of shoes I have never tried on.

LB2

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

It's raining today.  I'm hoping to get some trail miles in after work (may be interupted by BF of the Maid of Honor duties for a wedding thats this weekend).  I could use some puddle splashing!

QOTD: REI is an obvious choice...I purchased a hydration pack, wore it for about 20 miles, and returned it because it was too small, no questions asked.  I've also been using 6pm.com for cheap shoes that I already know work for me, but I only use them for tried and true shoes.

**Ask me about streaking**

XtremeTaper

A somewhat relaxed easy hill 6 miles last night on the trails of Coventry Woods. Plan is a taper day off today, though if the weather stays cool and drizzly I might run instead of mowing the yard this evening.

QOTD: My LRS, Chester County Running in Pottstown. They have an awesome selection of trail shoes, and good customer service. He always gives me a frequent customer discount as well. For years I did not have access to a LRS and it was a pain. While you can get good deals on- line, I prefer a brick and mortar place where I can pick up something right when I need it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

7 on road, rail trail this morning in the rain.  Saw a couple of box turtles on the trail - must be egg-laying season.

QOTD:  for running stuff, I agree that Running Warehouse is great - convenient, easy returns, good deals.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 5 easy miles in the rain. Still feeling some fatigue; I've looked at protein

intake, sleep habits and stress. Maybe 6 days a week of running isn't really

working for me, should probably drop back down to 5.

QOTD: Running Warehouse and Holabird Sports.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening and my bike commute

qotd: REI for any items that may need to be returned, it's also where I get "cashback" from my credit card

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning, Trailers.  Bella and I will go for a walk after work today.  Going to try my first bike commute of the year tomorrow, so I'll go easy today.

QOTD: Running Warehouse has always been good to me.  In terms of non-outdoorsy stuff, Fossil watches has also been good to me -- I sent in a watch for a repair and when they couldn't do it, they sent me a gift card to buy a new watch.

Running is dumb.

It was raining hard when we were getting ready for our 4 mile trail run, but it mostly stopped by the time we were ready to run. It was still pretty wet and sloppy.

QOTD: Favorite brands...  Brooks for shoes and Nike for clothes.  Favorite store...  Probably REI for the same reasons MTWarden mentioned.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

Still resting the calf with 40 minutes on the eliptical. It feels pretty much pain free so I think I'll do 4 easy miles tomorrow to loosen things up for Saturday's race.

QOTD: I mostly use runners warehouse. I try to buy some things from the local run shop just because they sponsor a lot of local races but they usually don't carry the shoes I want and to order through them takes over a week compared to 3 day when I order online not to mention the price difference.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had a 10 mile run on the wet trails.  Big storm last night dumped about 2" of rain, so we slogged along and kept to the middle of the trail so as to minimize our trail impact.

That's one of my pet peeves, when the trail has some mud or water in spots, and people push to the sides killing more vegetation and making the trail wider.

QOTD:  Obvious REI choice, but for brand I'll say Osprey.  I tore an old hiking pack a few years back and they fixed it for free (100% warranty).  We had a bladder leak on a hydration pack and they replaced with no problem, and I got 2 follow-up e-mails asking me if I was pleased with the new bladder.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

10 miles this morning.  Did an out-n-back from the house and right before the turn around I took an amazing dive on the concrete.

First fall in probably 2 years. It was dark, but with some nearby streetlights you can see ok, then there was a medium size branch on the side of the walkway and I was just starting to stop to move it to the side, when both of my legs hit something and I went flying...  while still in the air I was...  WTF !!!!!  Hit the concrete hard, but the things that hurt the most were both shoulders.  They didn't hit anything, they just hurt from the awkward way my arms stopped my fall.  Getting up I realized that I had pretty good scrapes on both palms and my left knee.  I looked back to see what I hit and there was about an 8 inch diameter tree trunk laying across the sidewalk.  I didn't see it because it blended in perfectly, the light wasn't too good in that exact spot due to the trees, and I had been looking at the other smaller branch and thinking about moving it to the side.

Maybe this is proof that running is bad for your knees...

After shaking myself off for a few seconds and trying to loosen up my shoulders, I moved both the branch and tree trunk off the path.  I walked a bit more to my turn around spot and then ran the 5 miles back home.  The scraped hands and knee hurt a little, but the biggest issue was my left shoulder.  But now a few hours later after having iced it during my drive to work (plus a few Ibuprofen) it is feeling a bit better.  Fingers crossed.  Don't worry the BH100 is still on.

qotd: The local running store (Luke's Locker) is really good.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

10 miles this morning.  Did an out-n-back from the house and right before the turn around I took an amazing dive on the concrete.

First fall in probably 2 years. It was dark, but with some nearby streetlights you can see ok, then there was a medium size branch on the side of the walkway and I was just starting to stop to move it to the side, when both of my legs hit something and I went flying...  while still in the air I was...  WTF !!!!!  Hit the concrete hard, but the things that hurt the most were both shoulders.  They didn't hit anything, they just hurt from the awkward way my arms stopped my fall.  Getting up I realized that I had pretty good scrapes on both palms and my left knee.  I looked back to see what I hit and there was about an 8 inch diameter tree trunk laying across the sidewalk.  I didn't see it because it blended in perfectly, the light wasn't too good in that exact spot due to the trees, and I had been looking at the other smaller branch and thinking about moving it to the side.

Maybe this is proof that running is bad for your knees...

After shaking myself off for a few seconds and trying to loosen up my shoulders, I moved both the branch and tree trunk off the path.  I walked a bit more to my turn around spot and then ran the 5 miles back home.  The scraped hands and knee hurt a little, but the biggest issue was my left shoulder.  But now a few hours later after having iced it during my drive to work (plus a few Ibuprofen) it is feeling a bit better.  Fingers crossed.  Don't worry the BH100 is still on.

qotd: The local running store (Luke's Locker) is really good.

...and your wife and daughter are going to turn you loose in the mountains in a couple of weeks. Hmmmm.

But seriously, that looks painful. I do find, however, that nasty looking scrapes, cuts, etc. don't seem to interfere with running too much. But the peripheral damage, like your shoulder, can sometimes be more of a problem than the obvious cuts and scrapes.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't get up to run but still have 2 more opportunities...maybe a lunch run or after work.  Just learned a young co-worker passed from cancer yesterday.  His doctor's couldn't figure out why he was losing so much weight until less then two months ago.  So no meter what your day brings it could be worse.

Qotd:  No favorites stores.

Sandy:  that's disgusting looking....you gave some healthy looking blood.  Glad I didn't have jelly on my toast while looking at that picture!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Got in 8.3 miles last night.

Sandy, hope you heal up fast!

QOTD I use The Inside Track,  the LRS because they give a 15% club discount on shoes and Runners Warehouse for everything else.