Trailer Trash

Thursday is today! (Read 34 times)

Sandy-2

Sandy:  that's disgusting looking.... you gave some healthy looking blood.  Glad I didn't have jelly on my toast while looking at that picture!

I know, right? .......    my legs are really hairy.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

charlesmoman

I plan on a new distance PR post-accident. Going for 2, yes, 2 whole miles of walking! I am in Spokane seeing my 4th granddaughter, Ava - first time since her birth 9 months ago. Tomorrow I fly to San Diego and on to Encinitas to join my wife to see our brand new 5th granddaughter - Orabelle. Back home on Tuesday and increased PT leading running again in a few weeks.

I like theclymb.com for running gear and nutrition.

Gator eye

10 miles this morning.  Did an out-n-back from the house and right before the turn around I took an amazing dive on the concrete.

First fall in probably 2 years. It was dark, but with some nearby streetlights you can see ok, then there was a medium size branch on the side of the walkway and I was just starting to stop to move it to the side, when both of my legs hit something and I went flying...  while still in the air I was...  WTF !!!!!  Hit the concrete hard, but the things that hurt the most were both shoulders.  They didn't hit anything, they just hurt from the awkward way my arms stopped my fall.  Getting up I realized that I had pretty good scrapes on both palms and my left knee.  I looked back to see what I hit and there was about an 8 inch diameter tree trunk laying across the sidewalk.  I didn't see it because it blended in perfectly, the light wasn't too good in that exact spot due to the trees, and I had been looking at the other smaller branch and thinking about moving it to the side.

Maybe this is proof that running is bad for your knees...

After shaking myself off for a few seconds and trying to loosen up my shoulders, I moved both the branch and tree trunk off the path.  I walked a bit more to my turn around spot and then ran the 5 miles back home.  The scraped hands and knee hurt a little, but the biggest issue was my left shoulder.  But now a few hours later after having iced it during my drive to work (plus a few Ibuprofen) it is feeling a bit better.  Fingers crossed.  Don't worry the BH100 is still on.

qotd: The local running store (Luke's Locker) is really good.

Rub some dirt in it, you'll be fine.

or

Suck it up buttercup it's a long way from your heart

Although it does look pretty nasty. LOL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I know, right? .......    my legs are really hairy.

I was referring to the hot pink color of your wound...nothing wrong with hairly legs....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Sandy...nasty knee! First fall in two years! Damn...I thought I was doing  good yesterday when I did not fall one time during my hour and 50 minute run! I trip and fall all the time.

I ran last evening... it was like running in a rainforest. It was beautiful an smelled soooo good.

Qotd: I love my LRS..Gazelle Sports. They have good customer service and are very knowledgeable. I like The Clymb for online.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

+1.  

Just returned from a yoga class and am planning on 3 or 4 later tonight.  Woke up to a tickle in my throat and some sniffles, now that's something to complain about, Sandy!  I never get sick and when I do, getting pissed off is the stage right behind denial.  I'm somewhere in both of  these  right now.

qotd:  roadrunnersports.  especially since my nearest  LRS closed.  And Sierra Trading because I'm always getting additional discount codes, free shipping and they have lots of  smartwool 'seconds'.

Occasional Runner

30 hours of flying and I'm back in the Utah mountains. Nothing for me today.

Sandy-2

Are you telling an ultra runner to "suck it up"?

Hmmm, I already said not to worry my hundred miler in 2 weeks is still on.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

<Wounded knee pict>

Looks delicious, Sandy!

It'll really hurt when you fall on it again in a week or so and rip off 2 square inches of scab. It'll bleed like hell too.

I should take notice.. I run in the dark all the time in the winter.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

NorthernHarrier

Up in the wee hours and doing tempo intervals. Hard to get my legs to move at a better turnover after a late evening run in the hills of the Ice Age trail. But I sucked it up. Too.  My run last night kinda reminded me of the Dipsea trail except without that large blue pond to the west and no stairs but otherwise....

QOTD--No favs and I'll buy from REI or any number of websites EXCEPT---never would I ever buy from RoadRunner. Sorry runtrail.

Some of you may remember my meltdown following my DW's family up at my shack. Well to help illustrate the intellectual level there that weekend at this past Christmas there was some sort of exchange of gift cards going on. A brother in law received one for Amazon and said in all honesty "what's Amazon?"  I didn't know whether to laugh or just pat him on the shoulder and say some kind words. 

AT-runner

Tim

Some of you may remember my meltdown following my DW's family up at my shack. Well to help illustrate the intellectual level there that weekend at this past Christmas there was some sort of exchange of gift cards going on. A brother in law received one for Amazon and said in all honesty "what's Amazon?"  I didn't know whether to laugh or just pat him on the shoulder and say some kind words. 

I remember that rant, because it reminded me of the many times we hosted DW's family.   Last time they were here, my in-laws dog (a Westie) was rolling around in the mulch, so FIL threw the dog into the pool to clean her off.  Guess what I did for the rest of the night.

Sandy - Now you'll look extra hard ass showing up the the starting line with a nice scab on you knee.  Just don't tell anyone it was on a sidewalk.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

AT--That is just outstanding!  I know we can keep pace with one another on these stories.  How did our wives turn out so well?

Sandy-2

Sandy - Now you'll look extra hard ass showing up the the starting line with a nice scab on you knee.  Just don't tell anyone it was on a sidewalk.

LOL.  BTW, I hope you guys know I was kidding about the "suck it up" comment.  (Where is that sarcastic button?)  I actually liked it.

Good idea about the scab, I'll need to start working on a better story...  maybe involving sharp rocks, large drop-offs, wildlife, PBR, etc, etc.

Sandy, you need a story that involves rescuing nuns and orphans from a burning building.  Yes, your legs are pretty hairy, since you mentioned it.

A few easy miles along the coastal trail today.

QOTD: REI has the best return policy ever.  I found some Superfeet in my closet that I had bought a couple of years ago.  Still new but wrong for my feet.  Took them back no questions asked.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

LOL.  BTW, I hope you guys know I was kidding about the "suck it up" comment.  (Where is that sarcastic button?)  I actually liked it.

We'll just call you 'buttercup' from now on.  Now, we just need that moderator to do some inside work....