Trailer Trash

Maheim Monday (Read 17 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 10+ yesterday early, another 10+ this morning.  I am stealing borrowing Gator's "10" plan.

QOTD: Did you hear about the US swimmers that were robbed, held by gunpoint over the weekend in Brazil...so the question is have you ever been the victim of a crime?

I was mugged at age 16 (I think it was also on my actual 16th birthday) by a gang in Quebec Canada.  We were on a French class field trip and walking the old part of the city.  It was a surreal experience.  They stole my jacket.  Apparently it matched their jackets and they wanted it!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I'll run 5 or 6 after work. We have been hammered with rain and historical flooding. Yet, we had to come to work today. I guess the leaders were not impacted as much as the subjects. I should have turned around this morning and went back home.

QOTD: No. But when I lived in Quebec I was in a gang and we robbed some students on a field trip. I came away with a nice jacket.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I'm taking it easy today.  I over did it in the heat yesterday, with a 2 hour run and then some yard work. Had a bad headache last evening, which is rare, for me.

5-6 days of hot humid weather and then looks like a break.  My plan is "Treadmill 800's" tomorrow in the air conditioning.

QOTD:  Car broken into years ago and they also stole my roof top bike rack. Insurance covered it and I got a better rack since what I had was out of stock. Nothing much taken from the car, but hassle getting window replaced.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi!  I ran a little over the weekend and rode my bike to work today.  My officemate is on vacation today, so it's nice and quiet around here.  Ahhhhh.

QOTD: Not really.  The worst I had happen was getting my bike stolen in college.  It was sitting in the back of our garage unlocked.  A hard lesson learned as a poor college kid who needed her bike for transportation.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Spending some time today getting ready for our trip to Michigan. I'll probably get in a 6-7 mile run later this afternoon.

Eastern States update:  It looks like 197 started and 66 finished for a drop rate of ~66% .  Devon Olson won in 20:30:36.39.  This was his 2nd or 3rd time running it and is a new course record which is kind of surprising considering the heat and humidity.

Call of the Wilds had 158 registered and 91 finished. No Idea how many actually started. One person was DQ'd. I've seen that several times recently and have been wondering what people do to get DQ'd.

DS ran a newer race, The Elk County Boulder Dash. It's also up in the northern part of the state but a little farther west than Eastern States and Hyner. A 20 mile event. They had around 160 signed up and only about 6-10 dropped out. They also DQ'd two people.  DS finished in 6:01.  Not real good for a 23 year old but the  little idiot uh, darling little boy, didn't train a bit for it. Probably was running less that 5 miles a week.   He said it's not anywhere near as technical as Hyner.

LB2 - Doesn't surprise me a bit, I knew all those crazy Cajuns originated in Quebec .

QOTD:  The biggest thing I can remember was down in San Antonio TX. We were down for DS's Air Force Basic graduation and the vehicle was broken into in a Cracker Barrel parking lot. Think we lost over $2500.00 of computers and such stuff. Getting the window fixed was the easiest part of that.  San Antonio police suck. They acted like it was our fault.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all. Had an epic run in Glacier yesterday, 18-ish miles over the Dawson- Pitamakan Passes Loop. This run (run/hike) exceeded my expectations. Absolutely stunning!

Bike to to work and strength train this evening.

qotd: I almost had my jeep stolen when we were living in married student housing in Missoula. It was a hot night and had our windows open; heard a vehicle start up that sounded a lot like my jeep. A peek out the window confirmed it was. With no time to dress I ran out naked, scared the kid to death and watched him run for his life- I might have been able to catch him, but figured a fully lit parking lot in a crowded dorm like setting wasn't the best place to be sprinting naked.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

QOTD: Not really.  The worst I had happen was getting my bike stolen in college.  It was sitting in the back of our garage unlocked.  A hard lesson learned as a poor college kid who needed her bike for transportation.

Ohhh. I forgot. I had my bike stolen while I was in college. But it was recovered before he got very far. The guy was riding a bike and had mine rolling beside him. The campus officer thought that looked suspicious. He was right. So, I got it back not long after I realized it was missing.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I

QOTD: No. But when I lived in Quebec I was in a gang and we robbed some students on a field trip. I came away with a nice jacket.

If it's a size 38 XX Long then I know who owned it before. 

AT-runner

Tim

Call of the Wilds had 158 registered and 91 finished. No Idea how many actually started. One person was DQ'd. I've seen that several times recently and have been wondering what people do to get DQ'd.

Must be something like cutting the course , either by mistake or intentionally and not wanting to go back and correct their error.

At Ironmasters a few years back, some people missed a well marked turn  and only one woman went back to retrace her steps.  The others were given a DNF, but the timing guy (Ron from PCS) said he should have done it as DQ.

NHLA

6 miles on the mt. this morning.

qotd  had my jeep broken into. They stole my GPS and pocket knife. A year latter the Charlotte police e-mailed me pics of a recovered gps but it wasn't mine.  DW had her car stolen. Police found it a mo. later but it was trashed.

I was surrounded by a gang in Galveston. I swung my old Nikon into the leaders head. I knocked him out cold and ran. The rest of the gang froze watching him fall so I got away. I hit him so hard it broke the glass in lens.

Daydreamer1

I was surrounded by a gang in Galveston. I swung my old Nikon into the leaders head. I knocked him out cold and ran. The rest of the gang froze watching him fall so I got away. I hit him so hard it broke the glass in lens.

I like your style .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just put in my request to leave early to turned after work...at least 10...didn't get up this am and didn't run yesterday..  when you are burned out and your husband is burned out it just makes it so easy to go to lunch, movie, bar, and couch.

QOTD:  Well I was shot at but I don't know if you call it a crime since the guy that shot a round at our truck didn't know we were sleeping in the back.    Then there's that guy that had his pants around his ankles but I just turned my head, although it me out but that is a crime right .  Other than that just petty theft.    I've had 3 bikes stolen but got one back in the spring.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At Elkhorn the first two runners across the finish in the 50K were DQed because they missed an out-and-back section that cut off 3+ miles. Both the website and the pre-race instructions the night before had emphasized being sure to run up to that aid station and being sure someone recorded your number.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gator eye

Hi all!

did some light stretching this morning, probably more of the same tomorrow.

QOTD: worst that has happened to me was a pretty lady taking a 20 I left on the bar when I went to the john, at the time I was thinking she liked me. Nope just my money. I guess so far I've lead a charmed life.

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 after work today. for some reason I just felt like sleeping in this morning.

qotd: when my DW and I lived in Brooklyn our apartment was burgled while we were away at work.  We didn't know it for a few hours and then noticed a few things missing like some jewelry and a fist-full of subway tokens.  We were newly married and kind of scraping by so the person didn't get much.

tbd.