Trailer Trash

PokemondayGo (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran a little over an hour. Giant spider got on me. I freaked out. I killed him; I guess. Protest abound in Baton Rouge and people are everywhere down there playing that PokemonGo game. I have no idea what that is all about.

QOTD: What is the thing that creeps you out the most running trails?

Getting giant spiders on me.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Nothing yet today but I will run 8 or so miles this evening on the trails with the Lady. We did 10 yesterday at Green Lane. I must have turned the corner on my recovery as I added some bonus miles to my regular 7 mile loop.

QOTD: Not much here, but I was in FL last summer and the damn spider webs on some of my regular trails there were awful. They all had some huge scary look arachnid on the them and I really wasn't sure if they bit and were venomous or not. God, they were everywhere.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Felt like crap this morning as 10 turned into 6 and I called it good.

QOTD: Running around a corner and suddenly hearing banjo's. Banjo's scare the crap outta me.

Daydreamer1

Had a pretty good weekend as I got in back to back runs totaling 33 miles even. Legs are feeling a little tired today. Not sure if I'll just do a easy 4 with DW or go for a little bit more, maybe 5 or 6 miles, before heading off to work.  Right now I'm leaning toward doing the 4 miles then some strength training.

QOTD:  I don't like snakes, and worms dropping down on me is another thing that freaks me out. But running through those damn spider webs almost puts me over the edge and If it has a spider in it .............. Lets just say it's not a pretty sight. More than once I've been running through the woods slapping myself all over trying to make sure I killed the damn things.  I'm sure it would be an amusing sight for anyone that sees it .

A couuple of weeks ago I was bombing a downhill and ran through a web that was so strong that I bet it slowed me down by 10-15%. Then it was so sticky that I couldn't peel it off. Felt like Frodo.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Great backpacking trip this weekend. Hit some high mountain lakes with our Tenkara setups and caught a lot of trout; enough so we made up fish tacos for supper

Going to get 5-ish after work; nice cool down here- 39 degrees this morning, high about 60- perfect!

qotd: mountain lion eyes in the headlamp (or what you think are mountain lion eyes)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Walked a lot yesterday.  And heading to the gym at lunch today-- rowing and elliptical, and maybe some weights.  I just threw my name into a lottery for a women's trail half in September. And I signed up for a road race in Maine in early august- 10k on a pretty seaside loop. I'm a glass half full kind of gal.

And LB, I ran into a spider web leaving my house on Saturday.  Ick.  Have no idea of where the spider was.

qotd:  Snakes. And 99% of the time, they are harmless, but they still make me scream.  Oh, and small groups of guys that don't seem 'outdoorsy'.  Doesn't happen very often, but it definitely puts me on alert

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing planned for today.  Still recovering from yesterday's run. Think the heat got to me and I pushed the pace early.

Warden - glad you caught some protein. Nice pics, as always.

LB - stay away from the protesters. Getting pretty scary around this country. There's a difference between peaceful protesting and deliberately trying to incite riots.

QOTD:  Sometimes when I exploring deep i the woods, I'll get a creepy feeling like I'm being watched.  Doesn't always last too long, but I've looked over my shoulder a few times before.  Also seeing people deep in the trails that aren't dressed for them. Makes me think they are up to no good.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm baaaaccckkk! Back from a great week at the beach.  AT - thanks for all the info on Chincoteague- all of it was very helpful.  Family loved it and I am sure we will go back.  I was able to get in 20+ beach running miles plus a little bit of paved trail miles.  I hope to post some beach pictures another time when I get them off my phone.  I was out mornings before sunrise most days.  I could definitely get used to that.  There were other people that would park and watch the sunrise but no one was out running the beach so after 1/2 mile or so, I was on my own.  Has to be one of my favorite memories - just being on a beautiful beach at sunrise with no one else for miles.

Might have to take today off as my feet are a little sore - not used to the barefoot stuff.

QOTD: People. I don't like coming around a corner and getting startled by people.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

6.8 yesterday around town.

QOTD I'm more concerned about snakes than spiders. Most snakes I see are garter type snakes but I still scream like a little girl and jump across them on the trail.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD I'm more concerned about snakes than spiders. Most snakes I see are garter type snakes but I still scream like a little girl and jump across them on the trail.

Good thing you don't work outside 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We pre-ran our course for the ranger relay in two weeks.  It's beautiful up there so glad I did since the trail with the best view I will be running in the middle of the night.  That was 16 slow miles as Mark was keeping us on course by using a map app, so we would have to go down a trail for 20 feet before he could tell it was the right or wrong way.    I am taking the day off today.

QOTD:  People, no wait man.  The ones that aren't really dressed like they are out for a hike, bike, run.  Snakes give me the weeby jeebies.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB - stay away from the protesters. Getting pretty scary around this country. There's a difference between peaceful protesting and deliberately trying to incite riots.

I think there are some of both going on down there. I'm staying in the woods.

LB2

Sandy-2

I don't understand this Pokemon Go thing it's not over here yet, but my DD said something about almost falling off her "Ponyta", and sent this...  maybe this is something for the qotd !!!!

By the way, in 2 weeks my DD is doing Tevis again this year, hence the "Ponyta" training.

Great photos mt, you're killing with with those tacos, I so miss Mexican food.

I took a SRD on Mon and will do 5 mi after work today.

qotd: LB2 and XT, I guess you are talking about those Banana Spiders down south, they are creepy and have webs of steel (and they're sticky too).  Like mt I have been creeped out by the thought of mountain lions, but I worry more about the ones you can't see or hear....  

tbd.