Trailer Trash

Stone Mill 50 RR (boyjame) (Read 40 times)

Occasional Runner

Well done. I enjoyed the report.

LB2

50 is probably about as far as anyone can "fake it". But even if the "race" was not something you prepared for, the 10+ hours you spent out there surely built some endurance that you can carry over into the holidays and into next year. So, in that respect, it wasn't faking it; it was just a long training run/slog. Congratulations.

LB2

TnC - the shirtless runners said that to everyone (well the taller one anyway).  Maybe if they spent ore time concentrating on their own race, they might have....nevermind.  Maybe they were really nice and I was just annoyed at the moment - not sure. Speaking of nice, the volunteer directing runners across the road and into AS at mile 43 was super supportive and gave me a run down of everything at the AS as I was running by.  He was very dedicated and refreshing to see at that point.

That man saved me! At 43 I came in and cried when I saw my fiance because my stomach was so bad (my legs felt great), and he immediately gave me soup and ginger and I felt 1000 x better.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

50 is probably about as far as anyone can "fake it". But even if the "race" was not something you prepared for, the 10+ hours you spent out there surely built some endurance that you can carry over into the holidays and into next year. So, in that respect, it wasn't faking it; it was just a long training run/slog. Congratulations.

Exactly.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

RabbitChaser

Great job, Jamie! It sounds like you "faked" it very well. Thanks for sharing the RR. I might have to keep this race in mind for next year.

Birdwell

Nice work!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats!  very neat that you got to meet several of our fellow Trailers in the process Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

boyjame, nice.  However I don't think you faked it...  I think you managed it really well.  That's experience.  Great job and I really like the RR and photos.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL