Trailer Trash

Eastern States Call of The Wilds Marathon Race Report (Read 22 times)

Keep Going

If anyone is interested here is my race recap from COTW. Thanks for reading.

Keep It Wild

100 milers are my favorite

some call me Tim

Excellent report! Sounds like you did very well out there and I dig the fact that you sacrificed a goal for a beautiful view. Very detailed course description makes me want to go check it out. Congrats on a great race :-)

NHLA

Congrats!   Great RR. What a course.  I would like to run it.

Sandy-2

Terrific job and way to grind out those climbs.  If you like running down those lose bowling ball rocks, you might give Cactus Rose down in Bandera, TX a try.

Sounds and looks like a great run.  Thanks for the RR.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job on a tough course. Sometime I'll do a ghost QOTD and I can tell about our old house experiences.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Thanks for posting.. sounds like the course delivers a delicious beatdown! Congrats on your finish.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Watoni

What a great report!!!

A nice insight into your evolution as a trail runner as well .... keep it up!

Daydreamer1

Good theme, climbing from, or to confront the ghosts.  Climb Keystone, climb .

Glad you posted, I was waiting for this.  I wish I had taken the spur trail for that view. I saw they had cleaned it up this year but didn't know it went to a overlook.  There is also a real nice view about 3/4 of the way up the 3rd climb. It's not far off the trail but for the best scenery you have to climb down over a boulder. That's worth the time as well but I didn't stop this year.

How do you compare this race to World's End? I saw your minute per mile time was about the same at both races.

Keep Going

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the kind words!

Keep Going

Good theme, climbing from, or to confront the ghosts.  Climb Keystone, climb .

Glad you posted, I was waiting for this.  I wish I had taken the spur trail for that view. I saw they had cleaned it up this year but didn't know it went to a overlook.  There is also a real nice view about 3/4 of the way up the 3rd climb. It's not far off the trail but for the best scenery you have to climb down over a boulder. That's worth the time as well but I didn't stop this year.

How do you compare this race to World's End? I saw your minute per mile time was about the same at both races.

Thanks Daydreamer. I missed that view on the third climb as I heard about it later on.

World's End I would describe as more "lush" or "rainforest like." David Walker the RD described it perfectly as "eye candy." Climbs were not as severe but it was hot as hell that day I ran it and being late May my body was not accustomed to the heat yet and I struggled with a spiking heartrate. WE is more runnable I would say. I'll be going back for the 100K next year and have decided to tackle the newly offered Triple Crown of PA! Oh boy! Hyner 50K, WE100K, and finish with ES100! Over 40,000 VF of climbing..YIKES

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations again, great job! Sorry the view cost you the sub-9hr, but I'm sure it was worth it. ES has several wonderful views, that's one very positive memory that I have of that race.

I was giving the Triple Crown some thought, too, so we might actually meet there next year?

Run for fun.