Trailer Trash

What the hell- it's the Wednesdaily (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 6-ish miles on the trails yesterday- full microspike mode- trails are almost all ice; my microspikes have close to 2000 miles on them and still going strong- one of the best inventions ever!

going to try and get 5-ish after work, supposed to climb into the 50's today- we'll see

qotd: the news said that a new record will be broke on travel this Thanksgiving- are you adding to the record?  we aren't going anywhere, but my oldest DD and grandkids might be coming over here

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Today is my Friday - HAPPY WEEKEND !!!   Running at lunch !!!  There I said it.

Tomorrow long run in the morning for our personal Turkey Trot.

Gatsby (yesterday) - hope you can get out. I've run with pneumonia and bronchitis. Slow down and cough all that crap out.

QOTD:  Yes, we drive to North Baltimore (Towson) to brother's house for turkey, SIL's house in Southern Baltimore (Dundalk) for desert and then we're off to Chincoteague for the weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Nice and easy run this morning, but it was about 10 degrees warmer and more humid. It was still in the low 50's, so it wasn't too bad. I was wrong about yesterday's route. I thought it felt easy but something seemed a little off about my pace. I measured it out, and it was 5.5 miles, not 5 miles for yesterday's run.

QOTD: No. Family is coming to our house. Yes. I am getting bourbon today on the way home from work.

LB2

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today. But first I have to drop by the big box sports store to pick up an orange hat.

A few folks are going hiking on Friday and Saturday, we're doing the first part of the Lone Star trail, out 20 mi - sleeping in a campsite - then back along a side semi-parallel trail (25 mi) to the place we started.  We need to do that because the rest of the trail is officially closed due to damage (such as a washed out bridge) from the hurricane.  Should be fun, but since it is hunting season they say we need to wear orange.

qotd: see above (traffic and black Friday avoidance mechanism).

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Not even planning for a run today. Simply have too much stuff to do around the house. There are leaves to be raked up, logs to be moved around, the frame from my pickup restoration project needs to be moved for the winter, the Saturn ION with 244k is up on jack stands undergoing some refurb so I can run it another 100k, and there are about a dozen other things that need taken care of plus I'm behind on my work from home projects.  If I do run it will be after dark for a few miles.

Warden - I got microspikes several years ago. Wore them once. I need to get up on the mountain more once we start to get snow.

AT - Enjoy Chincoteague. Don't freeze in the surf .

QOTD:  I'll travel to work in the morning.  Then I'm sure I'll travel back and forth between there and the big city several times during the day. Once again I'll be the only medic for miles and miles and I'm sure that most of the basic ambulance companies will be out of service for the day as well, so I should get in traveling aplenty.

runtraildc

Yesterday ended up with a double. After a short early run, I hit the trails with my regular Tuesday running friend. It was slow going with all the leaves (and at 76, he needs to be extra careful), but we got in 6 miles, with a respectable number of hills. Today, I'm making pie so I'll probably fit in 3-4 miles during swimming tonight.

qotd: Nope. Our dinner is at friends, 1.5 miles away. I will probably walk over.

moonlightrunner

Planning a run after work, and a longer run (18) tomorrow. I REALLY want to run a single track tomorrow in the state park, but question the wisdom of a sunrise run in a woods full of hunters. I am over hunting season...it is an inconvenience.

QOTD: my parents and I are going to a restaurant for a quiet dinner and spending the balance of the day unpacking.

Have a great holiday with lots of happy smiles and miles!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning and gym at lunch...it's a beautiful day..if my boss is in a good mood I might leave work early to get a run in.  DH left the house at 8:30 to Mt Bike...oh the life he leads!!

QOTD:  Staying put.  My friend just showed me a picture of traffic in LA...they can have the hell hole!!

Gatsby:  Thinking either the weekend of 01/13 or 01/19.  13th is better as it is a holiday for me, but if the husband doesn't leave until later in the week it will be the 19th...which most likely it will be that weekend. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

the Saturn ION with 244k is up on jack stands undergoing some refurb so I can run it another 100k

AT - Enjoy Chincoteague. Don't freeze in the surf .

Kilometers (?),  When did you become Canadian?  (I know, it's Thousands, but a runner reads it as kilometers)

Thanks, I'm sure I'll put my toes in the ocean, I always do.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Took today and Friday off work to escape the madness of my commute

and holiday traffic. I got a good 4 mile trail/road first thing this morning.

Running with a little DOMS, maybe that'll teach me not to take such long

breaks.

We have DS and our grand-daughter staying with us. She is 3 and

apparently swallowed an energizer bunny, does not stop! DS is

27 now and gaining a little weight so he's been running on something

called the Curve at 24 hr Fitness. Not sure what that is, but tomorrow

morning we plan to run outdoors somewhere.

mt: microspikes are my best. most enduring piece of gear too. They got

me through those long training runs in MA, after years in CA. 

QOTD: No travel this year, our turn to host.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A quick (for me) 4.1 miles. I really dislike this cold, damp weather. It seems to penetrate to my bones.

qotd: No travel for me. Having a quiet dinner at home and probably watch some football.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.