Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

The pooch and I had a really nice 5 mile run this cool morning. If it stays cool I will probably go mountain biking later.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in just over 3 fast miles last night.   Enjoying this weather tremendously, though my tomato plants are not.  It's a trade off I'll take happily.

qotd:  Any tattoos?  I have none- and maybe that's my rebellious streak since more folks than not have them these days.  I do admire a few, but most that I see I could live without.  Did see a guy with the 'evolution' tattoo on his leg yesterday-- the one that has a monkey, ape, human continuum.   Hadn't seen that one before and it looked well done.

DigDug2

7 on road/rail trail/real trail this a.m. - humidity broke yesterday, beautiful 60 degree morning for running.

QOTD:  no tattoos here - never really considered getting one.

Occasional Runner

8 speedy trail miles with the pup. She hasn't run in a few days, so she was going nuts out there this morning. Much cooler today and it felt great.

QOTD: Many. This is my most recent.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 6 last night in a cool rain.

Debating on whether to run long tonight or tomorrow night. We'll see how work goes.

QOTD:

I have a piece of lead embedded in the palm of my hand as a result of running with a pencil many, many years ago.

Does that count?

NorthernHarrier

Almost rolled over after the alarm went off but showed show resolve and got up. Did a bunch of 300's this morning and as usual I am sure glad I didn't stay in bed. I have not paid any attention to the weather nationally but I think we've had it pretty good here so far for summer. And it looks to be another great day here today.

runtrail--You asked for a bug report in the north. The deer flies are about the same as normal which depending upon habitat can be brutal or not. The mosquitoes have settled back down to more usual summer levels, maybe a tad worse but for someone like you who has dealt with them in the past it is manageable.

QOTD--None here, just several scars. I do see more advertising for tattoo removal which I find interesting.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning Trailers,

I did a shorty tempo run (>3mi) yesterday evening to test out my new watch (Garmin Fenix).  It works.  I'm going to need to do a lot of messing around with it to figure out all the features.  I made myself a training plan to get back into the swing of things, so I have 6 mi running, 25 mins on the bike, and a kettlebell workout to do tonight...looking forward to being in good shape again.

QOTD: No, but I probably will at some point. "We could get tattoos" is something SO and I usually throw out there as an option when we're looking for something to do.  I'm pretty sure one of these days that joke will get real (we've got an artist picked).

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Probably a rest day today. I decided to sleep in this morning, as I hadn't slept much the last few nights, and it feels good.

Company picnic in the afternoon, and I still have to make my own and my kids' pies for the contest. Luckily the boys chose a chocolate pudding pie, so that's going to be quick, but there's nothing quick about the caramel apple pie that I will enter into the contest with. Maybe I'll change my mind... 

TT: Hope you'll get a nice ride in later!

Traildc: tomatoes are slow. Right now, the zucchini and squash seem to thrive - which means zucchini bread,zucchini brownies, and Italian sides every day  in my household!

DD2: 60 degrees, that feels like winter running to me!

Lace: Sounds like a great morning!

Birdwell: light summer rain is nice. Torrential downpours are not. 

QOTD: none. Never really wanted one. And now that counts as non-mainstream.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trashers,

I had a great 5.5 miler this morning, weather was just about perfect with low humidity. My

NB 1400's just went over 500 miles and still feel good and springy.

QOTD: No tats on me, no particular reason just never got one.

LB2

Five dark miles this morning. 5 to 10 more this evening. I'll definitely get my 200+ miles for the month of July, but the heat the last week or so has made it a struggle.

QOTD: I need to get the only one I have covered with something running related. I have been meaning to do that for awhile now. I'll probably do it this fall. I need to get over to Biloxi to the man with the steady hand.

LB2

Occasional Runner

My NB 1400's just went over 500 miles and still feel good and springy.

I'm getting about 1000 miles out of mine. The cost per mile on those shoes is incredible.

runtraildc

Thanks Harrier!  I just saw a FB post of blueberries on the gunflint.  I'm hoping the mosquitoes abate and the berries continue.  2 more weeks....

runtrail--You asked for a bug report in the north. The deer flies are about the same as normal which depending upon habitat can be brutal or not. The mosquitoes have settled back down to more usual summer levels, maybe a tad worse but for someone like you who has dealt with them in the past it is manageable.
                          LB2

I'm getting about 1000 miles out of mine. The cost per mile on those shoes is incredible.

Would you run a 100 miles on something similar to the AT with those shoes?

LB2

Occasional Runner

Would you run a 100 miles on something similar to the AT with those shoes?

It's my normal shoe for any conditions and any distance. I use the Altra Olympus for some of my 100's but would go with the 1400's for the more technical 100's.

Sandy-2

Planning to run after work today. It's gonna be really hot out there.

qotd: none.

tbd.