Trailer Trash

Full week Mondaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Only a month until July 4th and a short work week!

I had a great trip to Maine for Alex's (my goddaughter) HS graduation. I ate lobster 2 times, got some nice runs in and did some sightseeing and book reading.  Alex wanted to get a picture with me in front of her elementary school while she was wearing her cap and gown. It was to recreate a picture she has of her dad taking her to school on her first day.  Very touching, and I cried. Her dad was my best friend and died of ALS 9 years ago, so a very special tribute to him, and I was proud to stand in.

This is right after the graduation, and not the elementary school shot.  (her mother has to send me that one).

Congratulations to Muppy and the future Mrs Muppy!

QOTD:  On my next vacation day I will be doing _______ ?

It will be July 4th for me, and we're having a cookout / pool party. All are welcome. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  AT- very nice Smile

Biking to work and strength training this evening; hoping to get a short/light run in by midweek- still have some swelling in front of my left ankle, but much better

qotd: my youngest DD is coming for visit end of this week, I'm taking a couple of days off from work and we plan on a short backpacking trip

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hi all.  Yesterday was crosstraining-- rowing and a tough yoga class. And lots of walking.  Today is a URD since I tripped on my basement steps last night and did something to my left foot. A nice bruise below my toes has formed, along with some swelling and pain when I walk. Crap, just when I was getting my mojo back. Hopefully it will be back to normal in a day or two.

AT- Nice pic! and congratulations to your goddaughter.

qotd: kayaking the apostle islands on lake superior with my boys (august).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Will hopefully get in some gym time tonight.  I should run outside since the humidity finally broke...

AT - very nice.  I bet she very much appreciated that you went out for the graduation.

QOTD: July 4th, we will be sitting on the beach at Chincoteague!!!  But DW and I are getting away this weekend for a bit to Lancaster to celebrate our anniversary.  We do not get away from the kids too often.  Looking forward to it.  15 years...where did the time go?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: my youngest DD is coming for visit end of this week, I'm taking a couple of days off from work and we plan on a short backpacking trip

Chip off the old block.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: July 4th, we will be sitting on the beach at Chincoteague!!!  But DW and I are getting away this weekend for a bit to Lancaster to celebrate our anniversary.  We do not get away from the kids too often.  Looking forward to it.  15 years...where did the time go?

Don't take your running shoes, or it may be your last anniversary trip without kids. 

Daydreamer1

Worked last night, work tonight so I think I can squeeze in a short nap then a 5 mile run in the middle of the afternoon.

QOTD:  It will be in the middle of August. We'll go to Michigan and drive around the UP with my very overweight relatives.  Probably won't even be able to do any short strolls because that will be too major of a hike for them.   September will be just DW and I at the Outer Banks, so that should be fun.

muppy

6.1 miles early this morning around town.

AT sounds like a great weekend!

runtraildc, hope the foot is ok.

Mt Warden, sounds like a great weekend!

Jamie, Lancaster is a great town, hope you have fun!

QOTD  I believe my next vacation will be around September 17 when we are getting married.(it is going to be a very small wedding for immediate family outdoors somewhere, and my mom is a preacher so she can do the ceremony,so my part of the planning is done) I also might need some vacation days to move in the house we are going to make an offer on tonight .  I feel like such a grown-up today !

NorthernHarrier

Up early and at the Subaru dealer to get an "official" oil change and a couple other things with it paid by Subaru. This is an oil consumption test as my Outback is part of a large class action suit. I'm thinking I'll be scoring a new engine very soon.   And yes, I go thru an awful lot of oil so I am pretty sure my car will qualify. Had time after that for a 4 miler in the Arb then home for a phone interview. Maybe some biking now. Have a few more interviews scheduled over the next couple days so I'll try to squeeze some runs and bikes in around them.

Muppy--Congratulations--big doings!

At--Your Subaru part of the suit?

Runtrail--one of my best friends and canoeing buddy has a place on the big pond right outside Cornucopia. Enjoy!

QOTD-Have no idea on the work situation at all but I hope it doesn't interfere too much with my recreation. For now DW and I will be heading north to my shack on Thursday night for a few days. I have other plans down the road but this job thing ....

XtremeTaper

I have shifted my taper into second gear and will actually take a day off from running today. Thankfully the lawn needs mowed else I'd be bouncing off the walls tonight. So that and 1-2 mile dog walk.

Catch up from this weekend... 12 miles at French Creek trails on Friday night, including 1.5 hours of night running. 5.5 on Saturday, with some trail fartlek, and Sunday we will call it 7 miles at French Creek but probably a bit longer. Real sweatfest yesterday.. seems the temps were low 70's but the dew point felt the same. Nice though as the woods were shockingly green and the mountain laurel blinding white.

QOTD: My next vacation will be a drive to Ohio, a stop in my hometown where I graduated high school, a chill out day camping at the state park, and then the Mohican 100.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I went to bed early was hoping for 3 hours this morning or at least 2.  I couldn't sleep so wasn't able to get up too early but did get 10 miles in.

Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  My girlfriend and her family are coming to see us 06/17 to celebrate her 50th.  We will be boating, eating, drinking, and in the roads.  The little guys will definitely be shooting bb guns with "Uncle" Mike.

AT:  Yummm lobster.. and you are a nice guy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

At--Your Subaru part of the suit?

Not sure, I have a 2015, and don't use much oil at all.  What years?

Edit - just checked, and I'm good. Stopped at 2013.

moonlightrunner

Congratulations, Muppy! What an exciting adventure.

7 miles with my run buddy with one face plant an two near trip and falls...but who's counting!

Qotd: I have vague plans to take the kids and daughter to a beach on Lake Micigan, and take some days to help my parents fill a dumpster. I had hoped to head to Minnesota for a race...but that is looking less likely. My car turned over 200k, I'm thinking such a trip might not do it much good.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k