Trailer Trash

give me a H, give me a U- it’s Hump day! (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  strength trained yesterday evening, going to head to the hills with a heavy pack (cough...crossfit) this evening

qotd: where do you get your news?  I watch part of the local news in the morning, mainly for weather; evening I generally watch the PBS news hour- they tend to cover stories no else is.  Occasionally will read the local newspaper if it’s lying around at work. I’m on the computer a fair bit, but for some reason get no news online.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Just 5 for me last night up/down the hills of Coventry Woods. Sill only upper 40's which seems crazy cold as we approach mid-April. I will believe the warm up they say is coming when I see it. Anyways, ok run. Still a bit of a crudlike feeling in the head and chest but it's fading.

QOTD: Local newspaper, sometimes bits and pieces of CBS morning show or Philly news channel, a few clicks on stories from the interwebs, ESPN, golf channel, letsrun.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Feeling tired, so will take an URD.

QOTD:  I trust FaceBook for all of my news .  Well maybe not.  I'm online for all my news, as I can't stand to watch the TV lies news anymore. I miss Walter Cronkite.  I look at CNN, USA Today and Newser and try to read between the lines to get the real news. When I have time, I like to look at the Washington Post (old habit from growing up in DC) and will sometimes read our local rag (Gettysburg Times) online.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - What do you put in your pack when you crossfit hit the hills?

XT - Glad the crud is fading away.  Good you're able to get out.

AT - Rest up!

Will go for 7 on trail after work.  Looks like another day in shorts, so a good sign (knock on wood).

QOTD:  Really no primary source anymore.  I used to be a news junkie - NPR, cable news, online, etc. - but I think I've gotten too tired of it all.  I'll listen to a local radio station for the music when commuting and if there's anything truly newsworthy, they'll chime in.  Also, since I work for a cable and internet company - there's a TV on just about every desk - there really is no escaping any breaking news.  I can hear coworkers talking about FB and Zuckerberg now.  Meh.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 miles this am with a couple friends...DH suggested we go to the beach this weekend last night...course in the morning once the whiskey was no longer influencing him he said let me think about it a bit.  I figured he back out when he woke up and thought about what work he needed to get done.

QOTD:  Facebook....sometimes you guys say something so I google it to see what they heck you all are talking about.  My head is firmly planted in the sand and I don't give a shit.    oh I do review the local paper in the break room while my lunch heats up...all local news.

Did anyone else read Wardens title and ended the cheer with hump you!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

We did 8 this am, Mr. Jangles spent to much time playing with the possums when we first left and was really draggin ass the last mile. Heard some frogs in the swamp this morning, first time this year.

QOTD: papers, tv, ect.... been trying to stay away from the news most days cause IT'S PISSSIN ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

warden - What do you put in your pack when you crossfit hit the hills?

I bought three 60 lb bags of sand (they were all of $4 a pop)- made one 30, one 45, one I left at 60. If my legs feel up to it going to put the 45 lb one in tonight, with pack, water, contents and sand ~ 60 lbs

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

purely coincidence 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

6 mi this morning. Today I went up river. Only a little drizzle this morning, just enough to mess with my glasses.  It’s been raining for 4 straight days now. Typical London I guess.

qotd: I periodically tune in to NPR while driving to/from work. Go online to CNN and USA Today sometimes. We also have TVs in some of the break rooms at work, always on CNN but with the sound off.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Or is that Hump U. I wonder what kinds of degrees they award.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.