Trailer Trash

It’s the Fridaily! (Read 18 times)

muppy

Six slow miles on the rail trail.

QOTD  weekend plans?

Saturday we are going to the national Apple harvest festival. Then will stop in Gettysburg to  have dinner then mosey around a bit.

LB2

I ran a quick little two this morning in 19:09. I only need 40 miles for the week. I'll run a marathon in the morning, early. I need to work out a couple of things with my flashlight and handheld bottles.

QOTD: I will probably watch a little college football on Saturday, or not. Other than that, we have a storm that will be hitting our area on Sunday AM, super early. We will see how that goes. I think it will take that turn to the northeast and spare us for the most part. I hope so; I don't wish a storm on anyone, but this has been a tough season for storms even though my area has not gotten a direct hit from anything.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5.75 with my Friday morning group.  My nephew is visiting and went with me.  He runs 1.5 mikes at the gym before working out.  First he ran ahead, than he hing with us, then he followed   It was nice running with him.

Qotd: Nephew is in town so we will be busy.  A hike today and then Fast Fridays at night.  Tomorrow boating.  Sunday the boys will go to a swap meet and later we are going on a driving tour of the cute little towns in our area (ok bar hopping), Monday is jeeping, and Tuesday either Quad riding or spikting wood.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing today.  Plan is to get a longish one in tomorrow on AT.  Bow season around here, so I'll stay out of their way and not spook the deer.

Muppy - Too bad you aren't coming Sunday. DD#2 plays at Boyer's Nursery on Sunday  from 1-4. We totally stay away from Apple Harvest Festival.  Bring plenty of cash, it's expensive.  Festival is about 2 miles from my house. If you come in Route 30, you'll pass my office and almost my house. Have fun. Message me if you are bar hopping later. We'll be in town, maybe at Garyowens or The Pub.

LB - what about 4 weeks away now?  Good luck with the step down.

Queen - Have fun Bar Hopping.

QOTD:  Finishing up punch list on my addition (for now) and doing some yard clean-up.  Baseball playoffs tonight and tomorrow with my Washington Nationals.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB - what about 4 weeks away now?  Good luck with the step down.

Yes. November 4.

LB2

runtraildc

No run yet today. Took little DS to the PT this morning for a hip strain, apparently caused/aggravated by a too long stride. Then chores, and soon I have to take big DS for his driver's test. I'm more nervous than he is, I think. Somewhere among this, I'll get out for a couple of miles. Bar hopping sounds good. so perhaps run to the nearest bar?

qotd: Running group in the am, then a swim meet both Saturday and Sunday afternoons. DH wants to go see the new Bladerunner movie and I have the Army 10 miler to run on Sunday morning.The storm is supposed to hit our area late Sunday night so I really need to also plant that garlic and the onions before then.

Daydreamer1

Should have called this the Fetid Fridalies. Just kidding.................in a way. The stick bugs have invaded us . Smashing them by the dozen every day. Anyone else having that problem?  Never had them this bad.

Spent the morning putting up my deer stand. I had it up before then took it down when my buddy cut that section of his woods down.  This time it went up really hard. Can't remember how I got it up the last time but I might have used a ladder.

Now I'm going to head out for a nice long bike ride, maybe 30+ miles to see the leaves.

Runtrail - I've never planted onions in the fall. Are you just planting seeds or sets?

QOTD:  Hint, It's a four letter word.

muppy

Muppy - Too bad you aren't coming Sunday. DD#2 plays at Boyer's Nursery on Sunday  from 1-4. We totally stay away from Apple Harvest Festival.  Bring plenty of cash, it's expensive.  Festival is about 2 miles from my house. If you come in Route 30, you'll pass my office and almost my house. Have fun. Message me if you are bar hopping later. We'll be in town, maybe at Garyowens or The Pub.

Tim, the wife wanted to go to Apple harvest. Is it that bad?  Do you think we should look for something else to do?

runtraildc

Forgot to answer you the other day. I plant sets, usually in the fall, as they have more time to grow. They overwinter pretty well here-- just a matter of keeping the weeds down.

Runtrail - I've never planted onions in the fall. Are you just planting seeds or sets?

AT-runner

Tim

Tim, the wife wanted to go to Apple harvest. Is it that bad?  Do you think we should look for something else to do?

No, Apple Harvest is fun. Worth seeing once or twice.

We've been so many times, that we stay away now.  Tons of vendors and food. Just has gotten a bit pricey the past 3-4 years, and most of the vendors aren't really local anymore.  For us locals, we liked it when it was cheaper and you knew the people selling thee stuff. I think that's the norm anywhere now with so many people making a living travelling the country doing festivals.

If you get bored, go visit some of the local wineries or walk around town and stop by the winery stores. Think there are 3-4 wineries that have stores in downtown now.  Reid's is our favorite (Baltimore Street).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

last day of my visit to central New York, nice 15 mile run this morning in a very light rain- perfect

qotd: traveling back home tomorrow, Sunday I'm sure I'll take Tiny E out for some trail time

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

No, Apple Harvest is fun. Worth seeing once or twice.

We've been so many times, that we stay away now.  Tons of vendors and food. Just has gotten a bit pricey the past 3-4 years, and most of the vendors aren't really local anymore.  For us locals, we liked it when it was cheaper and you knew the people selling thee stuff. I think that's the norm anywhere now with so many people making a living travelling the country doing festivals.

If you get bored, go visit some of the local wineries or walk around town and stop by the winery stores. Think there are 3-4 wineries that have stores in downtown now.  Reid's is our favorite (Baltimore Street).

Thanks Tim! I guess it’s the same reason  I don’t go to Hersheypark.

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks Tim! I guess it’s the same reason  I don’t go to Hersheypark.

Yep, exactly.