Trailer Trash

Saturday (Read 30 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I had a very odd run (or runs) this morning. I wanted to go long 4+ hour range. I started with 45 minutes at local park before sunrise and then hoped in the car and headed to some trails I had never been on before.  I was fairly unimpressed other than the young good looking black bear I saw about 20 yds in front of me. I was so unimpressed I left and stopped at my go to trails on the way back home for another hour and a half.  I think I got in 16+ miles and maybe 3 hours.

QOTD: When you see hikers, other runners, civilization on the trails, do you stop and talk?

I didn't used to but I have been more recently.  Depends on if they give me eye contact and body language that they are ok with it.  Today I talked for a bit with a guy carrying a tree stand. I felt bad because he was winded after only a short hill and sounded like he had a ways to go. But I gave him a break by chatting with him for a few.

I have had some nice encounters with thru hikers on the Appalachian Trail - some of the coolest people to talk with.

Have a great day.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Five miles for the pooch and me this morning.

QOTD: Quite often, but definitely not always, yes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had nice 2 hour run this morning.  Great weather, so we both felt pretty good.  I'll be glad when the spiders are gone since I was covered pretty good by the time we were done.

QOTD:  All the time.  Today was some sort of record for us.  We saw over 20 horsey people (on logging roads), 2 different scout groups (on the AT), 6 or 7 section hikers and 2 golfers in a golf cart who must have missed the turn on the cart path (since their were about 300 yards from the 8th hole at South Mountain).  We stopped to talk to everyone today.  I've had some really fun conversations on the trail, mostly from the AT Thru-hikers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Got in a nice 12.5 mile run this morning, still have a calf issue but it feels a little

better.

QOTD: I stop and chat sometimes. This morning I was jammin down a little hill while a

guy was hiking up it, he was looking down playing with his cell, he looked up when I was

about 10 feet from him and said "you scared the shit out of me". I didn't stop to talk to him.

Snowdenrun

..I better run today.

QOTD; I don't really enjoy stopping and talking to people. First off I'm not very social and second it seems to throw my run off. That being said I never ignore people and almost always say Hi and Have a good time. I'm usually stopped most by tourist wondering which way and how far. I always try to help them out best I can since locals can be really mean to tourists.

muppy

Got in 10 last night and 6 bright and early this morning.

QOTD I usually wave to everyone, only stop to talk if some looks lost or needs help.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I had planned an early long run with my running buddy, but then overslept and woke up after our planned start time. Oops, I guess I needed some sleep...

Lots of chores and kids' parties going on today, I hope I'll get a night run in later today.

Jamie: Sounds like a run chopped up, but still a good run. How do you make all these bears meet up with you all the time? I'm jealous. Maybe we'll have to run together again somewhere, but please leave them out at the OC100.

TT: Glad your dawg is up and running again!

AT: It's not Halloween yet, so hold off the mummy wrappings!

jonfer: Glad you got a run in despite the calf issues.

Snowden: I can relate...

Muppy: Nice B2B!

QOTD: Not everyone, but if someone asks me a question, or seems lost, or strikes up a conversation, I respond. I had a funny encounter last year, shortly after my gallbladder surgery, when a ranger asked me if I could help him close a heavy gate - he was not allowed to lift heavy things, too, because he had had heart surgery just a few days before I had had my gallbladder taken out. But, team work works, so together we got the heavy gate closed (and had a nice conversation, too).

Run for fun.

Watoni

Going to head out for a run in a bit ... just getting some work in.

Plan is to run an easy/moderate pace out through the town horse trails into the Phleger Estate single track, run the first two shorter climbs, and then practice hiking up to Skyline Boulevard before running the steep descent of Richard's Road and then back home.

QOTD: I do more so now ...

http://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/upload/map-phes.pdf

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today- had to move the last of our stuff from MIssoula to Helena- oh joy

qotd: very rarely, will always wave or say hello as I pass someone though-not much of a chatter on the trail I guess Smile;'

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

22 mile trail race with DH in Huddart Park today.  Gorgeous, perfect day for running.

QOTD: I wave and/or say hi to hikers and walkers but don't stop unless they look like they're lost or in distress.  But I'm a total Chatty Patty with fellow runners.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Brian Runner

20 miles solo on the trails today.