Trailer Trash

Not every trail runner has common sense (Read 56 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

In the BBC news this morning, he was honored for his effort. Which I understand, it takes a lot of enthusiasm and commitment to do the "hamster wheel" attempt. But didn't the guy know about the gulf stream and other currents, or the effects of wind? Why did he not even have a compass with him? Bad planning, it appears to me.

Maybe he thought the course was well marked, and was waiting for the next aid station to appear on the horizon.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I thought it was funny at first, until they talked to the Coast Guard folks who headed up the rescue effort and talked about the tens and tens of thousands of dollars it cost us (multiple helicopters and a C130), not to mention putting those guys (and gals) at risk for plucking his sorry a$$ out

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

I thought it was funny at first, until they talked to the Coast Guard folks who headed up the rescue effort and talked about the tens and tens of thousands of dollars it cost us (multiple helicopters and a C130), not to mention putting those guys (and gals) at risk for plucking his sorry a$$ out

Agreed. I have never even dared to ask for a crew to help me since I know I am not optimally prepared for my efforts. IMHO it just fosters to idea that ultra athletes are wacked

LB2

He has simply raised awareness that dumb asses are in our midst. That was doomed from the start, actually before the start.

LB2