Trailer Trash

Fridailies the 13th (Read 33 times)

It was an appropriate to the date 13 F and a breeze was blowing for our 4 mile trail run this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes it is cold out and I am officially over winter and ready for warmer temps.  It gets old getting bundled up.  I ran 3.5 miles last night.  Cut it a little shorter than intended but the wind was killing me.

QOTD: Since it's Friday the 13th, do you have any superstitions (running related and non running related)?

I do not.  I know in the past I have had routines but I did not freak out if I broke those related to pre-race or pre-LR.  Nowadays, I am just living free.

Have a great day and weekend! Have fun to the vacationers (Mandy & AT I think...anyone else I missed?).  And GL to any racers although I don't remember if anyone has one this weekend.  And GL on the surgery moonlight!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Today is supposed to be an SRD, and it may be just that. However, I may do 5 tonight and 5 more tomorrow. I don't know yet.

QOTD: I have things I generally do before a race (paid event), but I am not very superstitious.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.

Jaimie - Yes, Driving to DC tonight for a weekend getaway in our old hometown.  Thank you.

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentines Day, even XT 

Good luck to any racers and pacers this weekend.  Stay warm East Coast friends.

QOTD:  I have to always eat a Pop Tart before a race.  Don't have any for runs. I know I have some daily habits, but not sure if superstition or just habit.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning!  Yesterday was a SRD so I got in an hour of yoga.  As usual for my Thursday class, it was harder than a run, but good since we did a lot of balance and core work.  Much needed, sadly.    4 easy miles planned today, but I'm waiting for the temps to get up into the 20s.  If it doesn't get there soon, it'll be a treadmill jog.

Moonlight-- good luck on the surgery!

qotd:  None.  And that sounds boring!

QOTD: None for me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

5.85 Road miles last night.

Moonlight, good luck with the surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery!

QOTD I'm not very superstitious.  However I reached under a ladder one time to get something, and the guy I was working with drop A wrench on my head, just saying......

sugnim

Good morning all.  Our office is closing a couple of hours early today, so I've postponed my run to this afternoon when the sun will be up.  I'm thinking of doing about 8 miles on the muddy trails under the sunshine . . . ahhhh.

QOTD:  None here.

some call me Tim

SRD but I may get out in the snowshoes again *if* it warms up enough. Right now it's hovering around 0 and there's a NWS wind warning that's yet to show up... I've got no interest in braving those kind of conditions.

qotd: yeah, the pop tart thing for me, too

Gator eye

At 13 below it was way to cold to do anything but hit the treadmill for 4 miles.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 at lunch planned...it's even warmer today...

QOTD:  No

boyjame:  I miss the cooler weather, better for lunch runs because with  the current temps I come back WAY too sweaty..

Moonlight runner:  Good luck with your surgery.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 in the sunshine. Didn't mind the cold.

Luckily I started out right after work, before lunch, because when I got home, the school called to pick up our youngest - now he's sick, just when his brother had recovered.

It's the weekend, so I was not surprised...

Jamie: The up side is that 0 degrees will soon feel just right to break out the shorts again. 

Moonlight: Good luck!

QOTD: No. However, at work today, I noticed that by 9 a.m., I had served at least 4 customers who found themselves without their wallet on them - coincidence?? 

Enjoy the start into the weekend, trailers!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: No. However, at work today, I noticed that by 9 a.m., I had served at least 4 customers who found themselves without their wallet on them - coincidence?? 

Lack of coffee will do that to some people.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Still feeling crappy so I don't know if I would have run if I was at home.

QOTD: Nothing for running. At work you never allude to the shift being slow or quiet as all hell will break loose.

moonlightrunner

Thanks for the well wishes. Surgery went great. In a much more manageable splint.  Had a nerve block so my arm is completely dead now. Tomorrow I will have feeling and use.

It is supposed to be really cold this weekend. Hoping for a run tomorrow though.

Qotd: I am superstitious about making rash statements like "bad things don't happen on Friday the 13th.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k