Trailer Trash

Superbowl Sunday (Read 34 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Quiet day here, but heading out shortly for 6-8 miles of slow and easy.  And staying away from any grocery stores or liquor stores to avoid the crowds that are stocking up for the game tonight.

qotd:  Plans for the evening?  Mine does not involve any football watching- maybe some netflix instead.  And finally ordering my seeds for this year's garden.  exciting times, for sure.  But for those of you who are watching, I hope your team wins.

NorthernHarrier

We are having a little snowstorm rolling thru. Not sure what we'll end up with--maybe 8" with the ensuing winds and dropping temps. I'll try to get a run in later of maybe 4-5 miles.  Ran 11.5 yesterday on snowy trails (Donald) and was exhausted from that effort. The poor footing starts taking a toll after awhile. Man cave workout with an extended period on the elliptical coming up in a few minutes. Started up the snowblower yesterday for the first time this season in anticipation of the chore ahead.

QOTD-Huge NFL guy here but I will not be watching. Dislike both teams, especially the one from out east. Hope a couple Seahawks converge on that smug ass pretty boy that plays QB and manage to break him in half to be honest.   Who in their right mind would pay $10,000 to watch a game??  (I'm still a bitter Packer fan)

So I'll either be out running, watching Netflix myself, or planning a short backpacking trip into the Sawtooths in Idaho for early July.

Gator eye

Mr Jangles and I got in 8 this morning before the hard snow and wind started. The weather guy said were in for 8 or so inches of blowing white stuff today.

QOTD. Watching football and drinking one to many IPA's

hog4life

6.85 on the trails today. There were about 20+ people, it was kind of nice running with a crowd. There is one particular lady that organised the run, she probably knows the trail system better than anyone,  and is a big help at helping a noob like me. I'm not sure I could find my way around up there yet.

I'll be watching the game, but I'm not a hard core NFL fan.

muppy

5.8 Miles last night on roads and a little bit of snowy trail.

QOTD I'll be watching the game and overeating as usual (I have a bunch of beautiful steaks to throw on the smoker).

I Will root for the lesser of two evils, and I hope Seattle wins.

AT-runner

Tim

Running buddy and I ended up doing 20 today on some horsey / snowmobile trails.  Only saw 4 sleds the whole time.  We jump out of the way and they always slow and wave, so it's polite both ways.  We were planning on 16 and just decided before the turn to keep on going.  Probably wouldn't have done that by myself, so nice to have some reciprocal peer pressure for a to push.  Screw shoes weren't enough today on the chopped up snow, but the micro-spikes did great.

QOTD:  Haterbowl '49 =  Deflatetriots vs. Seachickens.  Perfect scenario would be for Sherman to take out Bill (why follow the rules) Belichick and then entire NE bench clears to beat up Pete (I screwed USC to death) Caroll.  In the process, Tom Brady gets his balls kicked in, which cause them to swell to the proper level, and at the end Lynch gives a 2 hour press conference where he explains the origin of the universe.

That won't happen, so probably only watch a bit of it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

8 hilly miles on the roads today, a rare group run from home that caused me to bite off maybe a bit too much. Last couple miles my dogs were barking.

qotd: not a fan, though I like watching an occasional game. tonight will be an episode or two of Lilyhammer, and watching the snow fall outside

moonlightrunner

Woo! Some bitter and angry football fans! I will not be watching today, as I don't have TV. Had planned to watch at my parent a' house... but we are getting snowstorm. I got stuck at the trailhead and was pulled out by a kind person, then my windshield wipers quit working on the way home, then I had to push a lady up the hill so I could get up the hill into my apartment complex. I will be staying put until tomorrow morning. I am disappointed. I kind of wanted to watch. I might run over later and pick up my dad's truck. I did run 5 in the new snow. The foiting sucks and the effort to run at all is high. Is it spring yet?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Woo! Some bitter and angry football fans! I will not be watching today, as I don't have TV. Had planned to watch at my parent a' house... but we are getting a aniwstirm, I got stuck at the trailhead and was pulled out by a kind person, then my windshield wipers quit working on the way home, then I had to push a lady up the hill so I could get up the hill into my apartment complex. I will be staying put until tomorrow morning. I am disappointed. I kind of wanted to watch. I might run over later and pick up my dad's truck. I did run 5 in the new snow. The touring sucks and the effort to run at all is high. Is it scoring yet?

Moon - you can  Stream the Game on a computer.  Good luck with the wipers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

QOTD:  Haterbowl '49 =  Deflatetriots vs. Seachickens.  Perfect scenario would be for Sherman to take out Bill (why follow the rules) Belichick and then entire NE bench clears to beat up Pete (I screwed USC to death) Caroll.  In the process, Tom Brady gets his balls kicked in, which cause them to swell to the proper level, and at the end Lynch gives a 2 hour press conference where he explains the origin of the universe.

That won't happen, so probably only watch a bit of it.

Perfect!     Very well said, AT.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Looks like 8 is a popular distance today.  I got out for 8 myself.  It was a nice run creek side.

I think my opinion has changed for some of you (not that this really matters).  I will be watching as my team will win again.  My "pretty boy" QB will get his 4th ring and hopefully shut the beasts of the west up.  Truthfully, the "stuff'" that led up to this SB has led me to be almost done with the NFL - not because of anything other than the media and the NFL execs.  I love the game but the media has blown so many things out of proportion.  It's just ridiculous.  I have lost what little respect I had for ESPN.

On that note, I will enjoy the game.  Hoping it's a good one.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

sugnim

I had a really nice 10 mile run. It snowed the whole time, so the trail was very quiet and easy to run on. This morning was our town's annual Ice Cream For Breakfast event, where they serve homemade ice cream with waffles and bacon and all of the ridiculously over-the-top topping you can think of. They serve it at the theater with live music in one room and cartoons in another. My son loved it!  My run today was field by whipped cream and gummy bears.

QOTD: I have a marinara sauce in the slow cooker and some peppers and onions roasting in the oven. We'll have pasta for dinner. I'll also probably finger paint with my son and take him out to play in the snow, then end the evening working on some Bach. No football here.

Runtraildc: When do you start your seeds?  I generally don't order our until March.

runtraildc

Sugnim-- brassicas and perennials in February.  Tomatoes, peppers and others in March.  We can plant frost sensitive seedlings late April- early May, usually.

Runtraildc: When do you start your seeds?  I generally don't order our until March.

Sandy-2

Monday morning here. It is usually a SRD for me, but I may run after work because I probably won't be able to run tomorrow.  Just depends on how 'motivated' I feel this evening.

qotd: I'm currently at work streaming the Superbowl in a window on the screen. Very exiting game, can't believe the Seattle "catch" that just happened!!!  Then the NE interception !!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL