Trailer Trash

Hyner 2016 (Read 34 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just throwing it out there -- if anyone is considering Hyner 50k for 2016, it is selling out fast.  Only 40ish spots left which is highly unusual considering we haven't hit January yet.

http://hikerun.com/151212.html

I'm in!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Keep Going

I'm in as well. The quick sellout I'm sure has everything to do with the Pa Triple Crown..which I'm also in for! Whoop Whoop 

100 milers are my favorite

AT-runner

Tim

If you want to be a real bad-ass, you can run the Ironmaster 50K the next day, April 24th.  That would be the best pf PA for a 100K weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

If you want to be a real bad-ass, you can run the Ironmaster 50K the next day, April 24th.  That would be the best pf PA for a 100K weekend.

I know a few runners who have done that.  I am not ready for that but what a great way to do a B2B in getting ready for a 100. Not this year, not me.

AT - I really debated between Hyner and Ironmasters for 2016 but when I saw that Hyner was selling out faster than in years past, I bit and I bit quick.  So if I can get er done at Hyner this year like I want to, Ironmasters it is in 2017.  I still have images of that one trail (Blueberry?) that we did in my mind.

Couch - are you in for Hyner? You know you miss it -- or is it too short a race for you??? 

DD??

Keystone - I will see you there!  Good for you on the triple crown.  That was a brilliant move on their part to have that.  It will bring added attention to these races - not too much but just enough I think.

Daydreamer1

Not real sure if I'll be there or not. It's on my weekend to work.  I was thinking about taking off to do it but also want to save my PTO in case I decide to do the Boulder Beast (Old Mega), If I do decide to run it, it will be the short course as I doubt I'll be ready for a 50k that early this year.  Decisions, decisions.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

50k has sold out.

I was thinking about it, but I am in the lottery for MMT100 again, and that one is my priority.

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just registered for the 25K.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Any suggestions on where to stay Friday night?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Keep Going

Awesome Jamie! Hope to meet you! And hope to meet Couch at MMT! So stoked for spring!

You can still get into the Hyner 50K fairly easily if you wanted. Join the very short waitlist. My two friends got in immediately this weekend when they did that. They were shocked they suddenly received a confirmation email to accept payment! haha It must be a "soft" registration closing.

100 milers are my favorite

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

WC - they have camping at the start/finish area but it is limited so if camping is your deal, snag a spot asap.  There are other camping spots in the area.  Hyner is fairly remote so as far as motels, I think you would have to go to Lock Haven (20-25 minutes from start/finish) to find a decent one.

Daydreamer1

Looks like they may have opened this back up. The RD had a post on FB that there was so much demand they were reducing the number allowed in the 25k and increasing the 50k limit.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

which could mean that the bottleneck, which is a pain at the 25k, but so far did not exist in the 50k, might develop there now, too. 

Not sure if it's a good idea to increase the 50k participant number, or to sign up for the 50k now.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

It looks like they're increasing the 50k by about 100 runners. While there might be a slight bottleneck at the entrance to the first single track I don't think it will be too bad after that. I'd think that most of the 50kers would realize that it doesn't pay to go out at a 5k pace.

I've pretty much decided to not run the 25k this year unless something changes.  I have decided to do the new Hyner 1/2 at the end of August and that is on my weekend to work so I'll save my PTO to use then. Also have to plan for possibly doing the Boulder Beast and maybe Oil Creek.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Adding 100 spots to the already 250? isn't too bad.  It's not like it's 1200  people trying to squeeze into that first trail.  I like the idea.  Having said that, I hope it doesn't get any bigger than that.  I really enjoy the remoteness of the back section.  Well, I can still enjoy it, just with more people.  

Still considering the 25k but have a lot of other vacations planned this spring/summer so not sure I can swing it. Good luck to all those running!