Trailer Trash

The thursdaily (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

morning trailers- haven't posted much this week but have been running. Last night was 5 miles of intervals on the treadmill once we got to the in laws.  Today will involve a lot of wind, but also the BiL's GSP.  Apparently he's out of shape but he'll still go in circles around me in the woods.

qotd- any big plans or goals for 2017?

Daydreamer1

At work doing a day shift. Getting off at 6 pm so I might have some time to get in a short ride on the trainer tonight. Kind of hope so as my legs are feeling heavy and I'm feeling bloated for some reason. 30-45 minutes on the trainer would feel nice.

QOTD: Biggest goal that I've set is to keep going to the gym on a regular basis. I'd like to be able to bench press 225 lbs at least three times. For squat curls I'd like to be able to hit 110 lbs 10 times.  I chose the bench press as a goal randomly but the squat curls will help with my job. Also want to drop a bunch of fat. Rally haven't set any running goals yet.

Other then that it's just trying to have more fun in the coming year than I had this past year.  That shouldn't be too difficult.

muppy

Had to go  get a new drivers license yesterday so I ran on the river path for 6.6 miles after that.

QOTD  All the usual, stay healthy, lift weights more, get back into yoga, and lose weight.  I haven't really planned any races out yet, might do the dirty German 50 K for fun in the spring.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a nice almost 6 this morning. Left early enough in the dawn and within .2 miles fro home I said out loud "What is that" seeing what looked like a trail and then looking right I said "Where the hell are we?"  We were where we always are at that distance but some some reason I felt momentarily lost.  I think it was the lighting.

Found a watch and thought it was a TAG brand, but once the glasses were on it was a Casio.  I think it belongs to the guy who's property I trespass on all the time.  There were fresh motorcycle tracks and he rides there.  I'll post something on his Mt Bike FB Called The Dirty Sanchez (don't look up the meaning of Dirty Sanchez at work you may get fired! )

Heading home Earl stopped and was listening.  So I stopped and listened.  Jack stop and well who knows what that goofy boy thinks.  At any rate we were there in silent except for the noise of the woods for about 1 to 3 minutes; it was really peaceful and calming.  Need to do that more often.

QOTD:  I have a few big plans in 2017. House is going up for sale in the spring (if deck is finished) and I am retiring in December.  Planning a 50 miler in August and maybe a 100 K at the end of June.

DD: Some fat is good at our age.  Get too skinny and you look old and sick!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

DD: Some fat is good at our age.  Get too skinny and you look old and sick!

Yea, but I'm going from the chubby stage to being genuine roly-poly .

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.5 miles picking up the pace a bit the last 1.5 miles, but it still felt harder than I thought it should after a rest day.

qotd: have an FE with peeps from the RW Starting Line forum at the Illinois Marathon Weekend where I'm racing the 10K. Also have  a race in Canada, Powderface 21K, that will also be a vacation with hiking similar to my Elkhorn-Glacier NP trip this year. Still up in the air so to speak is a possible rendezvous with my DD, possibly in Nebraska, to watch the total solar eclipse.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Weatherman called for only rain in our are and we woke up to 2" of snow and rain coming down.  Waited for rain to stop and then hit the woods for 7 miles of trail and logging roads. Saw a couple hunters out there and one guy was pretty pissy when I told him he was in a "no hunting zone".  He had to have know it, but gave me some lip.  I think he walked south instead of north and just didn't want to return to the intersection and get on the side of the mountain that allows hunting. Below the area where he was is a well used trail that sees a lot of dog walkers; hence the no hunting zone.

QOTD:  Signed up for a 48hr event. That's enough right now, except my normal goal of assuming world domination. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Signed up for a 48hr event.

I think that's officially nutso territory.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD:  Signed up for a 48hr event. 

Which one?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Which one?

Sole Challenge is doing a 48hr along with the 24hr this year. 5 runners so far signed up.Memorial Day weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Quick drive by today. Did a nice 7 miles on some sweet subtle single track at the resort we're staying at outside of Austin.  Really nice little run, had to pick it up at the end because I was late getting back.

tbd.

LB2

I worked about a mile of new trail today with the weedeater along a power line by my house. Then, I ran it. I ran about 9 miles on a 2.64 mile loop. I hate loops, but I like that new little trail I made.

QOTD: I would like to run a faster 100 mile race than I have in the past. I don't have to do too well to PR, but you never know how things go. I was quite confident that I would have a sub 24 by quite a bit in 2015 (I was thinking 22:30), and I was lucky to even finish that race with only a little over an hour to spare. I didn't feel too bad, though. The guy who won was looking at a sub 15 hour run and actually finished in about 22:30. It was a screwed up deal. Only 25% of the field finished. So, we'll see if I can get some hill work in and get a good run at Pinhoti in under 27:42. I'll be happy with 27:41:59. Actually, I'll be happy with another finish there. I know the course very well, and I feel like I am a good climber. So, we will see.

LB2