Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No, this is not the sound you'll hear as I'm passing by. But we're supposed to get some storm later today.

4.5 steamy miles. It was really hard today, heavy legs and high humidity. But, I got it in.

QOTD: still waiting for inspiration... waiting... waiting...

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 mile out and back with my boys.  2/10 of a mile from home and I fall in the same spot I fell a few months ago.  Must have tripped over the same stomp.  The knee that slammed into the ground didn't hurt it was the hamstring from the leg that flew far forward.

QOTD:  Podcast?  Do you listen and if so do you have any recommendations.  I started listening to pod cast and really enjoy it.  I have been doing it occasionally on runs when it's just me and the dogs.  I enjoyed Outside Podcast and a good one was Science of Survival Ep 26 A Very Old  Man for a wolf.  Warden you might enjoy it since it's a bit about a Warden in Oregon...and a wolf.  I am also doing Oprah's Super soul Sundays which can be uplifting. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Quiet day today. Are we all avoiding the heat? (except for MT, NH and Mandy) I don't know if a run is going to happen today. I really should have gone out first thing, and now it is 90 degrees. In a couple of months, this won't be terrible, especially considering the low humidity. But, I'm not prepared and have zero motivation. I got in a couple of miles last night walking along the creek before sunset. That might end up today's effort as well.

qotd: I'm an NPR nerd-- TED, Wait Wait don't tell me and lately, Stuff You Should Know. I just downloaded Hustle, which is produced in part by an inmate at San Quentin. Haven't started listening to that, yet.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran an hour in the woods. Probably more than the doctor advised, but he wasn't there with me.   It was pretty warm and the bugs were out. buzzing around me, and I ran through a number of spider webs. Can't wait for Autumn. 

QOTD:  Nope, never. On a rare chance that I have an iPod with me, its playing music.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I got up and ran this morning, just 2 miles, but they are coming easier and easier. Turkey season ends Sunday, so I'll start back with more diligence on Monday. But I am pretty much resolved to the idea of just taking an out of state public land hunt each spring from now on. They are super cheap, and the hunting is so much better in other places that it is ridiculous. I just need to tweak my communication with my hunting partner. We should have hammered birds a few weeks ago. May go to Kansas next spring. I can't complain about my season here. I did kill a great one on opening day. But the gobbling has been pretty much non-existent since opening day. Maybe they will start back up this weekend, but I'm not holding out much hope. It has been pathetic down here this year; I am not accustomed to this much silence. Oh well, if everything was perfect every time, we would take it for granted. Such is life.

QOTD: I listen to ultra runner podcast from time to time. They do some great interviews.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

date/hike night last- 3.5 miles with my wife and Tiny E, ate Cajun out

4-ish planned this evening

qotd: I haven’t, but Sue I’ll check out the one 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

QOTD: I don’t listen much to podcasts. Sometimes I will listen to German political ones, but not while running. I listen to NPR on my way to work, but I have not tried their podcasts yet.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

27.2 Miles on the bike. Fought a nice miserable headwind at times. Guess I'll go with DW when she goes to weight watchers and spend some time on the TM .  I know.............It's warm out and I'm going to do a TM workout .  Fact is I need some tempo work so It's easier to do that on a TM.

LB2 - Our Turkey season just opened up the 28th. No idea how it's been going since I don't hunt turkeys.   Spring was quite a bit later up here. Does that affect turkey hunting?

QOTD:  Can't say that I do.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LB2 - I always saw the turkeys during deer season and deer during turkey season.  The squirrels just laughed at me.

Slept in this morning, so no run today.  Will hit the Potomac Heritage Trail tomorrow early.  It's been in the 90's here.  Spring lasted about 2 minutes, I think.

QOTD:  No podcasts for me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good grief! It was 90F when I went to run this afternoon. Limited myself to an hour and walked when needed and for water breaks.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I can totally relate, I had to walk for about a minute, too, even though it was “only” 84 degrees when I was out. I blamed the headwind, though!

Good grief! It was 90F when I went to run this afternoon. Limited myself to an hour and walked when needed and for water breaks.

Run for fun.

Prince of Fatness

This was my view during my run yesterday at Jacobsburg State Park. I’m running a 10 mile race there in a couple of weeks. I am so not ready for it, but the scenery will be nice.

Not at it at all.