Trailer Trash

Fridaily! (Read 37 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

Jo and I have been meandering our way from Ville Platte, Louisiana with stops in New Orleans, Galveston Texas and now we're in Houston. I'm logging a lot of flat, easy miles down here and am headed out now for 5 or 6 miles on a running path behind our hotel. Brazos Bend 100 tomorrow.

QOTD: At what distance do you start carrying calories on your training runs?

Normally, I don't carry anything for runs shorter than 20 miles. If I'm in the mountains with a lot of gain, I'll carry calories for almost any distance. You never know what might happen.

dpc3

Hey Kelly I think I see you from Corpus Christi, TX, what's up!

I leave today for Matagorda Island for some much needed time afield with absolutely no one else around except for 3 close friends and a bunch of birds. I'm still taking it easy with my running as my knee has good days and bad days. I honestly think the pain in my knee is from all the sitting I have been doing and my lower back / hips being out of whack. A visit to the ol' Chiro and lots of stretching will fix it I hope. Have a great weekend everyone.

QOTD: Depends but somewhere between 10-15 miles is where I start to need something.

Occasional Runner

Hey Kelly I think I see you from Corpus Christi, TX, what's up!

We were going to head down that way, but Galveston was a lot easier for us. Have fun counting birds and shit.

LB2

I had one of the sorriest runs of my life this morning. Nothing seemed to work right; my legs were dead. It was a little chilly, but we had a lot of humidity.

Good luck this weekend, Kelly

Don't count the same bird twice, Daniel.

QOTD: It varies with the temps, but usually 20 miles before I will take any calories. I'll use water for 10 or more on most days.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Yesterday's lunchtime run on lightly snow covered trails of Coventry Woods was pretty much perfect. Just 7 miles but ran it pretty fast. There is something to these new Lone Peak shoes compared to the 1.0 model. I swear they give me a bit more confidence and better footing. It's certainly isn't this old man getting faster, right? I may repeat that run today as we still have some light snow on the ground.

QOTD: 3+ hours I will usually make sure the handheld has a gel or two packed in the pockets. 4+ I generally try to loop back to the car for a pbj or other snack. 2-3 hours I will take some fluids (sport drink) but under 2 hours, nada.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run after missing a few days. It was a cool 37 F and the dusting of snow was mostly gone already.

QOTD: Probably somewhere around 3 hours.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Easy 5.5 mi. on the roads this morning. We are having our annual holiday party tonight, which also serves as my birthday party (it's the 23rd). Needless to say, I will not be running tomorrow morning...

QOTD: Usually need some calories for runs > 2.5 hours.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran in the snow and wind yesterday.  30mph winds and there was no way to keep snow out of the eyes.  Ski goggles would have been nice. SRD today.  Road run tomorrow early and hoping to do 3-4 hr run in the woods on Sunday.

Welcome to the new posters here on the dailies.  Looks like our moderator is finally doing her job and finding some new blood. 

John M - Hope all is safe on that little Island.

QOTD:  I carry gel blocks on almost every run since they are always stocked in my pack, which I carry anytime I'm in the woods.  Take in calories on longer runs, usually after 15-16 miles.  If I'm training for a race, I take in calories more often to get used to eating on my runs.  It's worked for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning!  Will get in 4 or 5 tonight while the kids are in the pool.  Multi-tasking, I guess.  When I stepped out the door last night for my run, I saw a fox run across the street.  For all you rural residents, I know this is not a big deal.  However, it pleases me to no end to see our resident fox in our neighborhood.  I like to think they keeps the bunny and cat populations in check.  I'd be even happier if it could chase out the deer, too.

What I really need is a dog.

qotd:  I'm not usually running long  enough to need food.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Welcome to the new posters here on the dailies.  Looks like our moderator is finally doing her job and finding some new blood. 

Oh shit, you mean I'm supposed to be doing something?    I did snag hog4life from another forum, but I don't know where we picked up My Big Toe, but I like her already!   I hope she's prepared to be called "Toe" or at least MBT!

So I ran last night and my foot felt okay while running, but now it's a little sore again.  I think this is a sign I am officially old.

QOTD: I'm in the 2.5-3 hours camp.  There's almost always a gel or waffle or something stashed away in my pack for emergencies though.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

After a short but glorious run in the mud through the heavy rain yesterday, I am hoping for the same again today .... I forgot how much fun mud running is in the right shoes!

QOTD: Depends, but since I tend not to eat a lot before I run, I generally take some calories if I am running anything with longish climbs in training. About 15-20 miles is otherwise the rule of thumb.

AT-runner

Tim

.... I forgot how much fun mud running is in the right shoes!

It does have a way of bringing out the inner child.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending most of the day out in the cold, snowy woods with DD. But it's hunting not running. More of this on tap for tomorrow as well. Planning on some trainer and Elliptical time later tonight.

QOTD:  Almost anytime I leave the house. I'm prone to blood sugar crashes.  If it's all trail I plan on eating something for anything over 8 miles. If it's a lot of road I may not eat until 11-12 miles.

Watoni

It does have a way of bringing out the inner child.

Yup, Achilles are a bit sore but went for it again today .... baby steps that will need to become leaps if my Spring plans are to come to fruition ....

hog4life

3.5 with Bella.