Trailer Trash

Threesome Thursdaily (Read 29 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ha...made you look! I have nothing about threesomes to share but feel free if you feel inclined.  Anyways, I ran 1 mile this morning and then added 6 so I could gain a little on queenie.    Maybe I shouldn't have though because it was a terrible run.  I need a day off!

QOTD: Best and worst movies you have ever seen (what did you think I was going to ask about threesomes?!?)

Best - Saving Private Ryan

Worst - ummm...I need to think about that...I try to block those out of my mind.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Threesome…that's all I have to say about that.

I took the Pointer Sisters on a short trail run from the house. It's still snowing a little and the wind was howling up here. None of us were very interested in being out there for long. It looks like winter is here for good.

QOTD: The Quick and the Dead was the dumbest movie I ever watched. Pulp Fiction remains very high on my list.

LB2

I will run later today after work. I decided to go ahead and sleep this morning. This whole situation with me may turn out to be a blessing in disguise because I was, against all that I know to be right, tempted to push a little bit this week in my running. My legs feel rested; other areas are coming along nicely after getting the correct treatment. I don't expect any type of spectacular race next weekend, but I think I can put in a solid effort and finish the thing standing up.

QOTD: This is a hard question for me because I have a very convoluted way of categorizing movies. But here is a short version that lists my all time favorite movie and all time worst movie:

Favorite Movie Overall:

Pulp Fiction ties with The Big Lebowski

Worst Movie Overall:

The Man with One Red Shoe (I just hated that movie)

LB2

runtraildc

Got in 5 yesterday in Rock Creek.  Beautiful weather, great foliage, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Meh, those runs happen.  Been slacking on yoga, so that's what is in store today, with a quick hill workout.

qotd:  Best: Fargo.  Worst:  Rocky Horror Picture Show (absolute torture-- but I detest musicals and this was the worst).  Now these days I tend to watch most of my movies at home, so if I don't like something, I turn it off .  Thus, no recent examples of bad movies.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... ran 5 headlamp miles on the road last night doing neighborhood loops. Nice and mild out there. Taking 1/2 day off today to do some yard cleanup and a double digit run with the Lady. Considering the Green Lane lake loopie for this afternoon.

QOTD:

Best: Apocalypse Now or Forrest Gump

Worst: Anything with Adam Sandler

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

No run yet, as I've been waiting for a plumber to show up and install a new sewer pump at my office property. Pump went out yesterday and my office, and the gym that rents from me, have been unable to flush any toilets or take showers. What a shitty day!  Always fun being a landlord.  Hopefully get a run in after the guy shows up.

QOTD:  Best classic is Dr. Zhivago. Best modern is either Inglorious Bastards or Django Unchained (I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan).  Worst Fade to Black. A really bad horror movie in the early 80's and the only movie that ever made me walk out of the theater.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

5.9 Road miles last night, it felt like I was doing an easy run but my pace was a lot quicker than normal, so I will take it.

QOTD Gran  Torino  with Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite movies.   Gandhi is the worst movie I ever saw. Now I was 10 years old when I saw it,because my sister wanted to see it for her birthday  so that could have had something to do with it .

Occasional Runner

I feel compelled to add that ANY Jim Carrie movie is a total waste of time. I've stepped in dog shit that had more talent than he has.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Went elk hunting yesterday, near perfect conditions- 4-6" of fresh snow, temps in the upper 20's to lower 30's and I never cut a single elk track ( the week prior I saw two nice bulls)

Going to get a short run in the snow today.

qotd: best: almost everything from the Coen brothers

worst: too many to list, I've seen a lot of shitty movies

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 miles yesterday up and down the mountain. It was quite cold at the trailhead, not nice and warm like I had expected (it was 74 degrees in front of my house). But every couple hundred feet up higher, it got warmer. Must have been the cold air accumulating in the narrow valley, and the warm air rising up. Summerly warm halfway up already, very nice.

However, the dry leaves were terribly slippery, worse than running on snow. Now my legs are sore.

Saw a red-tailed hawk perched on a tree on the way down. He did not fly away even when I was standing right under the tree.

More wildlife sightings include a huge black bear in our backyard later in the evening. He was just strolling around, probably looking for food.

Now I'm getting ready to head out for a nice run, already dreading the slippery dry leaves.

Jamie: Good thing one bad run doesn't count as a series (yet).

Kelly: Time for a nice Russian hot chocolate in front of the fireplace? Or a good beer...

LB2: Sounds good. Take it easy, though.

traildc: Must be nice in Rock Creek now. Happy Yogaing!

XT: Have a great run!

AT: The gym without toilets or showers. Sounds like fun!

Muppy: Fast and easy, like that!

QOTD:  Worst: Kangaroo Jack.  Best: The Killing Fields. Close tie with Pan's Labyrinth - I liked that this movie can be interpreted in so many ways.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Marie - you are out there so often, the wildlife are beginning to take you for one of their own.  Nice picture.

Kelly - is your new home (and your new trails) at a higher elevation than the other one? Would you have had snow on your other trails by now?

Worst movie - there are a bunch but the ones that come to mind - Billy Madison, The Notebook, Spaceballs

Another one of my favs - Blues Brothers - the 1980 movie not the newer one.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Just got back from ordering a new laptop. We were still able to find one with Windows 7. Been spending too much money lately , but the old Dell is just not worth repairing anymore.  Gorgeous late September day here. Wish I had time for a long bike ride. Alas, I do not so it will be a 7-8 mile run.

Jamie - Somewhere I had been seeing a article on how to have a safe threesome, but I can't find it again. If I stumble on it I'll post the link for your reading pleasure .

AT- Sounds like a really poopy situation. Sorry, I know, that was lame.

Lace - Jim Carrie (Carrey) movies make me want to put a brick through the TV.  Since it wouldn't hit him I just walk away.

Warden - We had a handgun review, now we need a rifle review.  What do you use. DS is looking at buying his first deer rifle and has been kicking a few caliber's around.  He's currently thinking about either the 7mm mag or the 300 Winchester.  He wants something that is good for the larger game out west but not too big for whitetails.

QOTD: Not much of a movie person. It's difficult for me to watch one all the way through. But I do really like The Lord of The Rings. The first two of The Hobbit also looked good.  As far as the worst? There are so many it's difficult to pick one. If the movie industry had to depend on me they'd  be out of business tomorrow.

Occasional Runner

Kelly - is your new home (and your new trails) at a higher elevation than the other one? Would you have had snow on your other trails by now?

I'm about 2000' higher at the new house, which was one of the reasons I bought it. We've been getting snow the last couple of days, but there's nothing down at the city level.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Have the lunchtime 5 planned...dam Jamie and those 7 milers!!!  Funny thing is I am actually reading a book about a threesome  no really two guys and a girl.  It's a light read.

QOTD:  There are many best:  Good Fellas, Steel Magnolias, Into the Wild, Fight Club, American History X,  Worst: Ummm I can't think of one mostly because if it's bad I forget about it.

We saw The Martian last week and it was good.  Going to A Walk in the Woods tonight.  Maybe see a bit of you AT folks trails.

Jamie:   Take tomorrow off....

Couchie:  How cool on both sightings.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - We had a handgun review, now we need a rifle review.  What do you use. DS is looking at buying his first deer rifle and has been kicking a few caliber's around.  He's currently thinking about either the 7mm mag or the 300 Winchester.  He wants something that is good for the larger game out west but not too big for whitetails. 

I had a 7mm mag and I didn't like it- it kicked too much and it ruined too much meat- I promptly sold it- I don't recommend that calibre for anything

a .300 mag is a decent calibre for elk, but much overkill for whitetail or mule deer, I don't recommend that calibre much either

I'd recommend a .30-06 or a .270, both have a very wide variety of bullet weight/design choices, neither kick too bad, neither overly damage meat and both are plenty capable for deer to elk size (including black bear) animals.

it's worth spending a little $ on optics too; poor optics can ruin a hunt in a hurry- I highly recommend Leupold scopes- I've been using them exclusively for the last 40 years and they've never let me down

the rifle above is a Winchester Featherweight in .30-06, topped w/ a Leupold 2x7 scope- it's helped fill my freezer many (many) times with antelope, deer and elk 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √