Trailer Trash

Fabulous Friday (Read 17 times)

LB2

I ran a little over 3 this morning. The moon was pretty. It was cool but still a little muggy, leaves sticking to your shoes muggy.

QOTD: How much annual or sick leave do you have built up at work? Or does your work have sick/annual leave?

I have a little over two weeks of annual leave built up and well over six months of sick leave built up.

LB2

Sandy-2

My SRD string continues. In fact I'm up in Nashville visiting our DS and for the first time in forever I didn't even bring any running stuff.  Leg swelling continues to improve and almost back to 'normal'.

qotd: we can carry over two weeks of vacation (or as much as four weeks w/ approval), I typically have 2 weeks in the bank, I get 5 weeks vacation per year.  We have a very liberal sick day policy and don't carry over them.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Zero day. Day 5 of zero days. Trying to get over a whonky case of patellar tendinitis/runner's knee. I am pretty sure that's all it is. The chiro k-taped me up again today and told me I could do some jogging this weekend. We are driving to Atlanta tomorrow, FL on Sunday, but I think I will jog a few miles on some trails in GA on Sunday morning. I want to avoid the zero week.

QOTD: We have a single bucket for sick and vacation that they call PTO. I get 5 weeks in total. Typically I have 1-2 weeks in the bank at any given time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

4.2 miles around town last night,  my legs are still not feeling recovered yet.

Hoping everybody has a great weekend!

QOTD I get 20 vacation days, eight paid holidays and five personal days a year.  Unfortunately they do not carry over, got to use them or  you lose them.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice run in yesterday evening (again!)- temps again near perfect- upper 50's; I could take that all year

strength train today; relatives coming in this evening- going to be doing a little traveling around the state

qotd: my old job I was maxed out on vacation due to seniority (every 5 years you got a bump) we got just under 4 weeks of vacation and you could carry two years worth- which I always did (got it paid out on retiring); sick leave we earned about 2 hours a week, when I retired I had over 2000 hours, they pay out a 1:4 of your sick leave when you retire. My new job you get 80 hours of vacation and 80 hours of "personal leave", you have a year to use it, anything left after a year is paid out.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Came home from work dead tired, crawled into bed and set the alarm for noon..........or so I thought. Actually set it for midnight . Fortuenately DW woke me up a few minutes ago or I probably would have slept until then .

Once I wake up I'll probably try to get in somewhere between 6-7 miles.

QOTD:  At this job I accrue 7.7 hours every two weeks for 200 hrs a year. We can carry a max of 300 hours. Also have an extended illness bank that adds about a 100 hours a year.  Holiday time is paid out at 2 1/2 times with nothing going into PTO.  I wish it was like my old job where they paid 1 1/2 time and put the equivalent hours into your PTO. Not real good considering that at my old job I would be getting................

a little over 9 hours a pay, 56 hours of personal/sick a year and six holidays that would accrue another 12 hours per day because that's our normal shift.  All for a total of about 350+ hours a year  with a maximum carry rate of 480 hours.  At least that's what it was when I left there 6 years ago and I'm sure it didn't change. Almost makes me want to go back there just for the PTO. I should check to see if anything has changed but I don't think so as DD works for the same place and as a new employee gets more PTO than I do at my current job. The good thing is that I stayed on as a PRN employee so I retain all seniority in regards to benefits if I were to go back there.

Getting so much PTO is one of the perks of working in the medical field.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet this week.  Unsure yet about tonight.  We'll see.

QOTD: I get something like 28 days a year of PTO.  I usually sell some days to get some extra cash since I hardly ever call off sick.  I do use a lot of days in conjunction with DW for watching the kids on their days off school.  I think I have approximately 156 hours right now saved up and this is after a summer where I took off all Fridays and a week for vacation.  It is nice to say the least.  I have had jobs where I had 10 days vaca and 3 sick days a year.

GL to AT, Queen at the trail fest.  Hope they have a good time!

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We ran Bryce yesterday 13 mikes tough course and high ..8,000 feet.  Either hiking up or running down but phenomal rock formations and in the mist of it.  Quads were sore and was worried about today... But it was a nice gradual upward run along a cliff with plenty of views.. Was called the Zion run but really wasn't.  12 mikes there...Then plenty of slick rock.

Qotd:  i get plenty of time... Can't think of the numbers now cause I had a few beers... My time is time, no sick/vacation just time off.  I try to keep 300 on the books but with a yeR left I am in fuck it mode!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ was hoping to hear from you guys!   post up pics when you get a chance, wish I was there 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Travel day. Took twelve hours to drive to Bar Harbor.

Qotd: when I had vacation, it was use it or lose it. No carryover.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

4.6 miles while a kid was swimming. Mostly paved, but the ankle seems better and I'll get back on the dirt later this weekend.

Queen (or AT)-- we need pictures or it didn't happen.

WC- enjoy Acadia. Is the HM this weekend?  I've always wanted to run that, even from the roads it would be stunning.

qotd: NA

Have a good weekend, folks!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm running the marathon, but there is also a half.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

Yep, I'm also part of the SRD streak club. Setting up the course for my race tomorrow. I was trying to keep it small, but I had no idea.. although I've had a lot of interest in the race concept, I've only got 7 preregistered. So this may end up being an intimate little shindig. Heck, I'm just excited some others are finally going to run the trails I cut!

qotd: No, no, don't get me started. I do most of the cooking, cleaning, child rearing, fix-it, remodeling, property maintenance, etc etc...

NHLA

17 miles to Mt. Vernon. George had a nice house.

qotd  I work for myself. If I'm not working I am unemployed.

runtraildc

Have fun- what an amazing course!  Good luck ( and take pictures)

I'm running the marathon, but there is also a half.