Trailer Trash

Christmas Dailies (Read 206 times)

Merry Christmas! We got up at 6-ish, opened presents, the boys went back to bed, and I went out for a run. Little over 4 miles to test out the new Halti base tights and Craft compression socks. Both worthy additions to the wardrobe. Got a new Endura jacket, too, but it was a tad too cold for it.

QOTD: Any new outdoor gear to play with?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy Holidays, Trailers!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  Not much to report.  I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Will be taking Bella for a snowy walk this morning.

QOTD: We don't do really presents, but my parents did buy me a very nice warm pair of slippers.  They're cozy.

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

Merry christmas everyone!

oldest DD woke up at 7 and waited patiently until 7:10 before begging to be able to wake up little sister, and head downstairs to see if anyone stopped by last night.

There are two very happy little girls in our home right now. Everyone has great big smiles on. Mom even likes her new food processor.

QOTD

I got a couple of pairs of new running shorts, and a box of Clif bars.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Merry Christmas everyone!  We're still in the middle of an Arctic blast, so no run today (the last two "runs" have been on the starimaster @ the gym), we'll bundle up and go for a walk on the Yellowstone.

qotd:  got a couple of new running shirts, a signed Scott Jurek's Eat & Run and a new headlamp (Black Diamond Sprinter- 75 lumens, waterproof and USB rechargeable)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Merry Christmas Trailer Trash! Rest day for me, unless you consider champagne quaffing cross training. I've had six glorious days off, but tomorrow it's back to the grind. qotd: we don't do presents either, but Weegee's niece made everyone fleece scarves which I think will be perfect for aprés winter runs.

Occasional Runner

Merry Christmas friends. If you don't celebrate Christmas, tough shit. Today is Christmas, so deal with it.Big grin

Knocked out 10 miles on the spin bike this morning before opening our gifts. Going to head out for a hike after we clean up.

I hope you all have a fantastic day.

Warden- The headlamp sounds really nice!

QOTD: Yeah...some running shoes, gloves, arm warmers...etc. All good stuff.

Daydreamer1

This morning was a reflection of how things have changed in our household over the years. When the kiddos were little we couldn't sleep in past 6 or they would turn into holy terrors. Now that they are 19 and 20 we didn't get out of bed until after 9. Even then it took awhile until we opened our gifts. In someways I miss the pitter patter of little feet and the excitement of those earlier Christmases. My little babies are all grown up now.Cry Oh well.

On the good side of things, I think I will be able to get the teenage animal to go with me for a 6.3 mile run early this afternoon. Except he will probably kick my butt. Big grin

MM - Glad to see you're getting that injury looked at. I hope it turns out to be good news and you just need some pointers from PT to get you back running.

QOTD: I got a Nathan Elite 2V waist pack. This gives me two water bottle holders and 3 pouches for other items. I hope this is more comfortable then my old Camelbak.

NorthernHarrier

Happy Holidays peeps,

Ate like a hog the last couple days. Don't feel like ever eating again. Too full to even drink more than two beers. Pretty sad.

Weights this morning then heading out for a 13 miler on the roads. Kind of a little test for me. See where I'm at on pace and comfort.

Mandy-- good luck tomorrow. Keep me posted.   Can't remember if I told you my first MRI story, remind me sometime.

QOTD--As far as outdoor gear I bought myself a new pair of expedition snowshoes a couple weeks back and some new hunting/winter type boots. So Santa didn't add to my pile of equipment. Just a new Badger baseball cap and a hand tool I wanted. Pretty low key.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, trailers.

Have a great Christmas, everyone.

QOTD: Santa brought me a new Nathan's #020 Hydration Vest, and NUUN and

GU gels to fill it with.

Weegee

Merry Christmas Trailer Trash! Rest day for me, unless you consider champagne quaffing cross training. I've had six glorious days off, but tomorrow it's back to the grind. qotd: we don't do presents either, but Weegee's niece made everyone fleece scarves which I think will be perfect for aprés winter runs.

…and Weegee's cousin made a quart of honest-to-goodness 180-proof moonshine distilled from apple wine, which should be a nice warmer as well.  Hope everyone's Christmas is just as wonderful!

Trail Monster

Merry Christmas! Rest day for me. Opened lots of presents with DH and the kids. Got what is possibly the coolest running gift ever (will post pic later). Then dinner at our house for DH's side went well. Now we go to DH's parents for more presents. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

rest and eat.

QOTD: ice spikes

sugnim

Merry Christmas everyone!  We snowshoed all afternoon, and then came home to eat some tamales that I made last night.  A very good Christmas indeed.

QOTD:  I got a new sports bra and a new pair of running tights!  Santa was good to me.  Big grin

MadisonMandy:  I hope your MRI has good results tomorrow.

MTWarden:  Does your Santa hail from Zoo Town?  Jurek gave a talk locally last month & signed a bunch of books.  Let us know if its a good read!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Merry Christmas everyone!  

MTWarden:  Does your Santa hail from Zoo Town?  Jurek gave a talk locally last month & signed a bunch of books.  Let us know if its a good read!

as a matter of fact yes Smile  so far it's been a very interesting read!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

as a matter of fact yes Smile  so far it's been a very interesting read!

I really enjoyed that book.