Trailer Trash

Spring Fridaily (Read 32 times)

AT-runner

Tim

First day of Spring and we have 3" of snow on the ground and another 3-4 for the rest of the day.  Yay!!  At least roads were fine since warm temperatures from yesterday has most of the snow melting on the roadways.

SRD today.  Not sure what I'll do yet this weekend (besides watch College Hoops).  Down week for me and last big push next week or so before taper.

watoni - Yes, take some time off and  if the kids have to take off from school, do it.  You'll never regret that decision. Good luck.

QOTD:  Ideal vacation spot - mountains, beach, amusement park or something else?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

I got a few miles in this morning on the trails near the rental. I saw a bald eagle

near the beach, not as big as the one I passed in Dutch Harbor, AK, but a cool

sighting nonetheless.

AT: It was 62 and humid here in Hilton Head this morning, I got a little hot in my shorts

and s/s shirt.

QOTD: I'd like something in the mountains, kinda like watoni's family vacation

in Italy last year. Maybe I'll try to tag along with them next time.

XtremeTaper

Total of 12 mile yesterday with a road/trail double. Last night's trail run was nice. Trails were back to normal meaning snow/ice free and I was able to run a normal time on my regular hilly 7 mile loop at Coventry Woods. Of course right now they are getting snow covered again but at least the 2 month old ice layer is gone so the snow should not last very long. So far 1" here.. I've seen mixed reviews of 1-3" ending in rain and 5-8" ending with sleet. Hopefully the first forecast is the right one.

Not sure what's up today. I'd like to get a few miles in but I am sitting at 41 for the week so far so if I miss a run no biggie. Mostly want the snow not to stick around so I can get a decent long run this weekend.

QOTD: I like both. However the wife and I are planning a trip to the Keys so today looks like a good day to do the bookings. I think most of the beaches in the keys are man made, not natural wide white sands, but we've always wanted to go down there. We plan on splitting time between Key Largo and Key West (want to make the drive down the causeway) and then maybe hit the Everglades for a quick tour on the way back.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4.5 last night...my third straight day of running.  I cannot remember the last time I ran three days in a row.  Needless to say I will take a rest day today.  Home with the kids as they have off school  and DW working.  Looking out the window and confused.  Go away snow!

QOTD: For me...the mountains, camping or cabin, lost of trails, etc.  For my family...the beach, sand in everything, salty skin....you get the picture.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Another day of beach running this morning comin' up. Not usually a fan of that but the beaches here work pretty good for it. Did 90 minutes of trails yesterday at yet another spot. Another pretty good trail setup by Florida standards anyway. Have to point it towards home tomorrow, hope our trails have dried out enough now.

XT--the beaches at Bahia Honda and Long Key state parks certainly appear natural (and are beautiful). But yeah, the beaches in Key West are man -made and other than the beach inside Fort Z. Taylor are nothing to write home about.

QOTD--Most of the time I am very happy to head to the lakes of Vilas County Wisconsin. 2nd choice would then be the lakes of northwest Ontario.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  DW loves the beach, but I prefer taking in new sights and travelling to different areas.  We always try to avoid overly touristy areas, or at least see them in non peak times.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Rest day today. Little bit concerned about how I'm going to get in my weekend running with some climbing and skiing plans. May end up running a "partial" long run a day early, and using the hike/climb as the finish to the miles...I'll get all my planned miles in, but they won't all be training speed. Hate to mess with it this close to race time.

Or, I'm just a little too obsessed with planned schedule, and I should just relax a bit. Smile

Qotd: mountains. No question.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

5.8 miles on the trails in the prairie for me last night.  Ran too fast, a little achy in the groin now.  SRD it is for me today. 

Harrier -- Donald is runnable.  A little soggy in the woods, but the rest is great.  I plan on checking out the IAT through Brooklyn this weekend, most likely.  Blue Mounds still has snow from what I hear.  (No surprise there.)

QOTD: Mountains.  I like the beach, but I'll always take the mountains.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

It's been a bad week. The best way to sum it up is with several  four letter words .  Very busy with work. I'm thinking about seeing if we can ban work. That would leave more time for important things such as running.  I did get out yesterday for 10+ miles. Got in some decent time on trails with real hills. Mostly snow free, but still some stuff there, anything from slush, to soft snow to ice.  Now it looks like we're going to get several more inches again.

I have to be back in at my part time gig at 3 pm so I'm not sure if I'll get a workout in or not. If I do i will be either a 4.5 mile run or an elliptical session.

QOTD: If I'm alone then it's just the mountains. If I'm with DW then it's somewhere where there is more of a mix. That's what I like about Townsend TN. I can head out for some time on the bike, there are plenty of trails in the National Park for running or hiking, then in the late afternoon and evening we can head over to Pigeon Forge and catch a show or stop by Dollywood. I can spend two weeks in that area and never get bored.

LB2

SRD. Race tomorrow. I am going to haul ass; I just have more ass to haul than I should. I have gained a few pounds after Pinhoti.

QOTD: Mountains.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Never ran yesterday..staying honest...plan is to run later..currently interviewing folks for a position here.  We have a question on what do you do to be healthy...no one has mentioned trail running because if they did I would hire them on the spot!! (So after lunch the very next guy tells us he use to run, then shuffles, and now walks.  He went on to say he use to be an ultra runner  ..use to be.  Not going to hire.)

QOTD:  The idea spot is mountains with a lake.  I love the coast but not too keen on swimming in it.  We used to kayak in the ocean but I spent most of the time puking in my lap.  Need somewhere that has lot's of stuff to do.

No one here is going to pick an amusement park!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

It was spring-like here today, in the low 50's.

I did 10 miles over to the "other beach" and back for a change of scenery.  It was very flat, which was also nice.

qotd: Mountains. I tend to be much more active than my DW. So she sits with a nice book and a cup of coffee enjoying the scenery while I go off in search of trails to run/hike.  Then we meet up for the rest of the day.  Win - Win.

For the record, and to underscore QoN's comment, we hate amusement parks.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

No one here is going to pick an amusement park!

Actually I did.  Well Dollywood is a  theme park, and to me there is a difference between a theme park and an amusement park, but most people lump them together.   DW and I actually enjoy riding the coasters quite a bit.  We will be the old couple waiting in line with the kids for a front row seat.  It's always the best up front. Someday I'd like to to a tour of parks looking for the longest, fastest and highest coasters.  While I would prefer to die on a trail or while I'm out hunting, dying in the front seat of a coaster wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I stand corrected!

Actually I did.  Well Dollywood is a  theme park, and to me there is a difference between a theme park and an amusement park, but most people lump them together.   DW and I actually enjoy riding the coasters quite a bit.  We will be the old couple waiting in line with the kids for a front row seat.  It's always the best up front. Someday I'd like to to a tour of parks looking for the longest, fastest and highest coasters.  While I would prefer to die on a trail or while I'm out hunting, dying in the front seat of a coaster wouldn't be a bad way to go.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄