Trailer Trash

Flying Fridaily (Read 34 times)

Occasional Runner

Good Morning Trailers!

I had planned to grab some early (and very rushed) miles before heading to the airport but the wind is pushing about 40 MPH, so it gave me an excuse to stay in and finish going over details for our trip. I'm way ahead on mileage this month anyway.

Random Fact of The Day: Vibrators were originally used to treat hysteria in women.

I'm not sure it helped.

QOTD: Where do you get your daily news? Newspaper, Television, Internet?

I watch national and local news on TV every morning but it seems like Facebook is always the first to alert me when something dramatic happens. That's where I learned about the Boston bombings last year.

We had another nice 4 mile trail run this morning.  We ran an easier pace to rest a little after yesterdays hard effort.  Despite being a bit warmer that air felt more raw.

QOTD: A mix of TV and internet.  It has been years since I read a newspaper.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Planning on a very long run tomorrow, and right now weather forecast looks great.

Lace - Good luck in Boston.  Give Ron Horn a "High 4 1/2" for me.

Good luck to all racers this weekend. and hope everyone has a blessed Good Friday.

QOTD:  95% online.  I look at CNN, Huffington, USAToday, The Washington Post and The Irish Times.  Somewhere between all of those is the truth, you just need to find it.  5% is for our local paper that only comes out 3 days  a week now due to financial problems.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

Safe travels into Logan, Lace and Jo.

I did 5 road miles this morning, even stumbled across a little trail near the house. Legs felt

a little sore from this weeks strength workouts, but otherwise felt strong. I am on the mend

and looking forward to getting stronger.

QOTD: I briefly look through a few sites, FB, and of course the Daily Show.

jonferg67

Endless trails

AT and Muppy: What are you guys using for fuel/nutrition?

Birdwell

good morning!

Yesterday turned into an unscheduled rest day.

6-7 after work.

QOTD:

Online and through the newspaper. I read the NYTimes pretty regularly (because it's free on campus).

AT-runner

Tim

I been using Tailwind for over a year now, and supplement with gel blocks and some food (PB&J, oranges, granola).  I'm pretty lucky that I can eat a lot of different things without upsetting my stomach.  I alternate between Tailwind and water and take in 250-300 cal/hour (between the tailwind and food).  It works for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to try a mix of stationary bike and walking on the treadmill this evening- 30 days w/o running Sad

good luck to the racers this weekend!

qotd: national- usually tv, local- we get the paper at work so it's read every weekday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Plan on 10ish miles after work.

I mix it up with gummy bears (it's quite empowering the bite their heads off first) , rice crispy treats, raspberry fig newtons and a gel or two. I've been meaning to try that tailwind, but I never seem to get around.

Jonferg, glad your feeling better!

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

QOTD I read the USA Today news app every morning, then I have all the local newspapers and news station apps I check out once in a while. I have a 10 minute window in the morning I watch the news for the local weather.

Gator eye

Rest day

Payday's are good too. Haven't tried the gummy bears yet and never thought of rice crispy treats, I must change that tomorrow.

QOTD: PBS, RT, a little ABC/NBC , then sprinkle in a little internet and presto chango the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today...heading to Red Bluff later to meet up with Chnaiur and have a beer or two before running the Tehama Wildflowers 50K tomorrow.  Taking Earl: this will be his first 50K.

QOTD:  I read the local paper which covers local news, watch the news while getting ready for work.  Ohter than that not much more.  FB and Running Ahead to get interesting news on where/what/how far people are running today.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

No run today...heading to Red Bluff later to meet up with Chnaiur and have a beer or two before running the Tehama Wildflowers 50K tomorrow.  Taking Earl: this will be his first 50K.

QOTD:  I read the local paper which covers local news, watch the news while getting ready for work.  Ohter than that not much more.  FB and Running Ahead to get interesting news on where/what/how far people are running today.

Good luck to Earl, hope the aid stations have doggie bones. Oh, good luck to you too-Queen.

Chnaiur

No run today...heading to Red Bluff later to meet up with Chnaiur Queen and have a beer or two before running the Tehama Wildflowers 50K tomorrow.  

QOTD: 100% on-line: WSJ, Guardian, Reddit, Economist, and a few Swedish rags. I stopped papers 10+ years ago because it is just not worth the bother to handle them after you read them. TV, I can't stand.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Sandy-2

20 this morning.  Good day to be on the trails, a little humid but the temps never got too bad.  Legs were tired from the day before, but it was all good.

qotd: I listen to the radio in the car on the way to work, Internet, etc.  I also get the Sunday paper delivered.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

I am planning a 7 miler at the state park today. It is going to be hard to squeeze it in between daughter-mother and grandmother duties. Thankfully...it is a holliday...so i am not at work. The weather is BEAUTIFUL...finally!  I am contemplating a run in Pinckney early Sunday morning. It would be a 17 miler...with lots of hiking.

Qotd: I get almost all my news from the internet....CNN and FOX.  Somtimes NBC. I don't have TV...but watch the news sometimes at my patents' where I am forced to watch fox and listen to endless left bashing.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Looking forward to the race reports.  Lace, Queen, Chinaur and Earl!  Good luck!

Hey Warden...what is the heel injury you have? Sounds awful...I know it has sidelined you but I never saw what is wrong.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k