Trailer Trash

Wonderful Thursdaily (Read 25 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

83 degrees and sunshine - in Los Angeles, CA. Doesn't help here in PA at all. 

Here we have something like 10 degrees, with a wind chill of -6. I might pass on my morning run today.

Schools are running on a 2-hour delay, so DH was the only one having to leave the house this morning and shovel out his car, while we all stayed nice and warm in our beds. 

Truth is, I was up and made him coffee, so I am hoping for some good Karma points. I've earned them, right?

I had a wonderful run of 6 miles in the snow yesterday, and I'll post some pictures later.

Can't think of a QOTD today.

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

LB2

I'll run after work. I had a hard effort last night that hurt in a good way.

QOTD: Do you get angry or offended when someone disagrees with you on a political opinion or philosophy?

No, not at all. My views are my views, and if someone disagrees, I don't care. I see people really getting upset about things right now with some of the unprecedented things going on in these presidential primaries. Sorry, I couldn't think of a running question.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Gearing up to brace the same weather that FTYC has. No rush today with all this wind.

QOTD:  Not angry or offended, as but I try to stay away from political conversations, so I guess it does make me uncomfortable. I only get upset when people think they can change my views by presenting an argument.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

I'm sick so no running again today. It's been so long sense I've been sick I forgot how miserable it make you feel. Blaaaaah

QOTD. I try not to get drawn into conversation about politics, it usually a pointless argument

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ok, I'm ready now to head out for a few chilly miles. The bright sunshine makes it look much warmer, so I'm sure it will be a very pleasant run (I think this is almost self-hypnosis, but if it gets me going, so be it!).

LB2: Woohoo, even short runs can be challenging! Good work on the speed.

I read your thoughts on the 100's yesterday, and I admit, I had a hard time committing to MMT100 this year. Pretty much the only reason I'll run it is because DS accidentally broke my Solo Finisher's trophy, so I have to get out there and earn us a new one. 

AT: "Gearing up to brace the same weather that FTYC has. No rush today with all this wind." Yup, the wind will just push you forward... 

QOTD: No, I am usually interested in hearing thoughts different from mine. However, when someone is very adamant about something and I get the impression they don't really have any good reasons why they think that way and are just parotting someone else's opinions and statements, I wonder how smart they really are. I usually don't participate in political discussions, or discussions on topics that I know are highly emotionally charged, just because I like intellectual discussion and discourse, but am not interested in dealing with the collision of people's emotions and reasoning.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A few miles and stairs at the gym late last night.  I am hoping to get in a good longish trail run on Saturday but it's supposed to be single digits and wind.  I will still probably go, just need to make sure I am dressed well.

Gator - you'll get through it.  Just be smart and drink lots of liquids.

QOTD: I hate politics.  Like others, I try to not get involved in political conversations.  I vote based upon a couple of areas and I know there are many people that disagree with those areas.  I am not so sure anything I say would change their minds so I don't try. Having said that, I am fearful for what our choices are going to come down to later this year.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Follow up QOTD (based on something someone just texted me):

IF you only had two choices, and those choices are Trump and Sanders, who you vote for (no explanation necessary)?

I am not convinced it will end up like this, but if I had to choose between those two, I'm afraid I would have to go with Trump. And I don't like Trump. But I would prefer Kasich.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spending the day providing my services to the fine people  attending the Eastern Sportsman and Outdoor Show at the Pa farm Show building. Just got settled in so now it's time to go out and wonder around and see if I can find any cools things. I doubt that I'll get out of here in time for a run this evening. It would be nice to get in a run in the cold.

QOTD: I tend to be very moderate in my political beliefs. I try to avoid political conversations because most people are very irrational in their thoughts.  I work with a lot of people who watch the political channels and then parrot exactly what they see there. That pisses me off because I like when people think for themselves. A lot I could say about some of this but it's too long to get into.

Trump or Sanders????  Probably Trump. The pool of candidates are so bad this time that I'll probably be reduced to voting for whoever is the strongest supporter of the 2nd amendment.  I really liked Jeb Bush but he doesn't have a chance.

NHLA

Too damn cold outside. Might run later.

qotd  I used to get upset. Now there is nobody in the race I want to vote for.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!

Not much going on over here.  Just surviving the cold weather and trying to run some.  I got in 7 miles on Tuesday, will try to run 6-7 miles again tonight.  Counting down the days until spring.

QOTD: Not really, but I mostly try to steer clear of political discussions unless I know we have very similar opinions.  I may think someone is moron for their views, but I just keep my big trap shut when that happens.

QOTD2:  Bernie.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Froze my fingers and nose off but finished 8 miles. When the wind was calm I was perfectly dressed, when it blew at +20mph, it just drained any warmth I had around my fingers. Had a buff covering mouth and chin, but can't stand breathing into anything, so the tip of nose is a wee bit red.

Soaked in our Hot Tub when I was done. I love our Hot Tub. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 miles in the cold.

The cold wasn't the worst part, it was the wind. Steady 15-20 mph headwind for the first 3 miles almost did me in. When I got hit by a "ice devil" (imagine a dust devil, but the air filled with tiny ice crystals instead of sand), it took my breath away. I could barely see anything in front of my feet, and when the wind ripped my hat off my head before I could grab onto it, it forced me on my knees. That's when I decided it was time to turn back.

Still a great run, out in the snow, experiencing the elements by choice, not because of being forced to deal with them. We are just a lucky bunch.

I am surprised how many would still go with Trump. I could call on my non-citizenship and withhold, but I'd vote for Sanders.

It's not so much the content of Trump's speeches that repels me (the ideas he presents as "his" have been around forever), it's his rhetoric that poisons the atmosphere of political discourse and radicalizes people.

Run for fun.

bagge_pants

planning to xc ski in the actual woods after work

Qotd: no, i dont get offended by peoples political views - im primarily mystified by them

Wandering Wally

Planning 5 miles this evening. Should be a little chilly with windchills dipping below zero tonight.

QOTD: Mostly I try to avoid political talk. It's like teaching a pig to sing anyway. I don't mind when someone disagrees with me. Some of the best conversations I've had were with people I disagreed with. I get a little frustrated that some think social media is a great way to win hearts and minds to their cause.

QOTD2: Palpatine

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

NorthernHarrier

Getting tired of logging most of my running on roads. Mind numbing to say the least. 8 yesterday then 7 today. A little longer planned for Saturday though it looks like it will be bitter cold for that one. I can manage it though because the next day I'll be heading to Florida's gulf coast. Can't wait.  Oh yeah, no broken bones in my foot, supposedly just a very deep bone bruise that I'm not allowing to heal as I am too active according to this Dr. First time with this Doc but I like him as his last words to me despite my injury when I was leaving were to have a good 50k next week. My kind of Doc.

QOTD--When everyone thinks the same then no one is thinking. I enjoy listening to right wingers and even watching Fox news a little. Leaves me scratching my head sometimes though. 

QOTD 2-  Bernie!  Had to figure that Mandy and I would be together politically as always.