Trailer Trash

MMMMMonday (Read 16 times)

LB2

I have not run in 4 days. The HEAT DOME has me grounded with severe chaffing issues. It was so bad after Thursday I just decided to take a break, get better and move forward this week. Today is supposed to be an SRD, and I will keep it that way. I have had a pretty good block of running lately (with the chaffing to prove it), and I have nothing coming up anytime soon.

QOTD: What sort of event would you characterize as perfect in your mind?

I would say 100 miles, all single track, mountainous, and point to point. I am not suggesting that I am "good" at this type of terrain; I just love it. I find it hard to get motivated to run multi loop courses.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I still have a good bit of swelling from the bursitis but it doesn't really hurt unless I kneel and since I don't lay carpet for a living it's not too bad. I am back to sort of regular running this past weekend, but nothing long. Just 6-8 miles at a time. Suppose to be blazing hot/humid here today, 95-100 temps, so whether I run tonight or drink beer by the pool is up for debate.

QOTD: The 70 mile race at Laurel Highlands is my perfect event. A long day on the trail, but finish in time for a few beers and shut-eye.

LB2 - Chafe city here too... I combat it with a Vaseline slather before each run. I am convinced the age of some of my running shorts plays a role. The more spins through the wash, the more rough they become inside?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Bag balm men, it works wonders on cow bags and it will do the same on human bags, way better than vasoline or other over the counter product.

Ten in heat and humidity.

QOTD: I like anything point to point. I hate circles, although I'm giving serious thought on a timed event doing a 3/4 mile lap.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: Considering all types of events I would have to say the mile on an indoor track. Limiting it to trail races and ultras, it's a 12-hour fixed time race on a 2 mile non-paved loop. Odd combination.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I still have a good bit of swelling from the bursitis but it doesn't really hurt unless I kneel and since I don't lay carpet for a living it's not too bad. I am back to sort of regular running this past weekend, but nothing long. Just 6-8 miles at a time. Suppose to be blazing hot/humid here today, 95-100 temps, so whether I run tonight or drink beer by the pool is up for debate.

QOTD: The 70 mile race at Laurel Highlands is my perfect event. A long day on the trail, but finish in time for a few beers and shut-eye.

LB2 - Chafe city here too... I combat it with a Vaseline slather before each run. I am convinced the age of some of my running shorts plays a role. The more spins through the wash, the more rough they become inside?

LH would probably be even more perfect, but I do like running into the night.

I think it may have something to do with the age of shorts, too. I need some new ones. I use vaseline, too.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Feeling good today but a bit tired.  Must be the lack of sleep.  I napped for 4 hours yesterday and a normal night sleep last night.  I am minimally sore except my lower back which is very tight.  I need a good therapeutic massage.  Anyone have any experience with this? Is it helpful? Any specific types to stay away from?

Oh and no run today.  Maybe tomorrow.

QOTD: Honestly, I am still trying to figure this out.  After this weekend, I like the timed event.  But I also like others.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

After Saturday's long run, DW and I ran 12 yesterday on trails. Wasn't as deadly hot so run felt much better that Saturday's slog.

Jumped over a rattlesnake about 10 miles into our run.  I was cruising downhill and what looked like a root moved just as I was going to step over it. I let out some unmanly sound and had to land with my heel off the ground to avoid stepping on it. Nat entirely sure I didn't brush it as I went over him.  He coiled right up and started rattling.  Had to wait for DW to come up, and she went into the brush to get around.  Was probably 4' long and had a big rattle, so an older one for the area.  It was the first on she had seen on the trail (a few on logging roads) and she was pretty excited.  Took a bit for hart rate to go back down.

QOTD:  If this counts as an event, an adventure run, something like R2R2R.  No time involved, just run for fun and see beautiful sights.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

LH would probably be even more perfect, but I do like running into the night.

I think it may have something to do with the age of shorts, too. I need some new ones. I use vaseline, too.

Unless you get under 16 hours you do get to run into the darkness at LH. Just not all night.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

6 miles on Echo mt.  It is Hot.

qotd   LB2  the mt. to sea trail runs through Asheville NC to the sea. You could run from the top of the Blue Ridge mts. to the piedmont area of NC. It would be downhill !!

LB2

qotd   LB2  the mt. to sea trail runs through Asheville NC to the sea. You could run from the top of the Blue Ridge mts. to the piedmont area of NC. It would be downhill !!

That is a long, long run.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Just got back in a little bit ago from a 27 mile bike ride. The computer said it was 105 which I don't really believe, but it was H.O.T. I walked inside and thought that I had forgot to turn the A/C up this morning. I like to sleep with it cool, around 70-71, then turn it up to 76-78 for the day time. It was so cold inside that when I stepped into the house I almost started shivering. Checked the A/C and it was at 77. Now it's running almost all the time, Darn electric bill is going to be through the roof .

QOTD:  Spent all day thinking about this and I still don't know. Maybe it's because I like all of them. I will say that regardless of distance I'd rather do one that is only moderately technical vs. one that is extremely technical.

LB2

Just got back in a little bit ago from a 27 mile bike ride. The computer said it was 105 which I don't really believe, but it was H.O.T. I walked inside and thought that I had forgot to turn the A/C up this morning. I like to sleep with it cool, around 70-71, then turn it up to 76-78 for the day time. It was so cold inside that when I stepped into the house I almost started shivering. Checked the A/C and it was at 77. Now it's running almost all the time, Darn electric bill is going to be through the roof .

I take it everything feels good then. That is a good sign.

LB2

Sandy-2

Mon. was a SRD, and today I'll run 6 after work.  We don't have a heat dome, but it's still hot and humid here.

qotd: I really like point-to-point or one large loop.  Single track.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL