Trailer Trash

Muggy Mondaily (Read 29 times)

LB2

4.1 this morning, slow and muggy.

QOTD: How is the weather in your neck of the woods? And how does it impact your training and/or decisions about future races?

It is muggy, even by Louisiana standards. My running, or most of it, has been pretty sluggish for the last 6 weeks. I have decided to not sign up for a November race because I just don't have the desire to run in this weather. I'll try to maintain a solid base of fitness through the summer, ramp it up through fall and winter to run a 100 miler in late winter. I just don't want to run long runs in this heat. It sucks.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.

QOTD: Deluge of rain over the last 10 days.  They cancelled the 152 Reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg due to soggy and swamped conditions at the farm where they hold the event.  More rain in forecast and temperature has been above normal.

I don't race much in the summer due to heat and humidity, but still get my running done, I just go earlier and take more fluid and splash in creeks when I can. Next race is Labor Pains 12hr Trail Race, and that can get pretty warm.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just finished work, and looking forward to a run in the afternoon.

QOTD: Weather is now sunny with many small clouds, but not warm (for my standards). Temps in the low 70's now, 50's in the night, way too cold for my understanding of summer. I love the heat. Most of this June has been very rainy, overcast, and cool. And it is supposed to stay this way for the next several days. It does affect my running, as I don't like the rain and feeling cool. I have tried to run in between rain showers or storms, with more or less success. It is not really bad, because the rain is not freezing cold, but it's just not fun. I like to feel warm at the start, and sweat it out during a run, and never get cold at all. That requires temperatures in the upper 80's or 90's, as I get adjusted to heat quickly.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Been busy so far. Legs feeling good after a nice hard workout yesterday. Wish I could get a run in but that won't happen.

QOTD: AT and FTYC have already given the low down on how our weather has been this year. It's left some of my trails overgrown so I either get permission to do some triming or find other trails.  If I wasn't signed up for a August trail marathon I'd probably switch to the bike on the hottest and most humid days. Since I have unfinished business at this race I'll push on with the training and hope that that days aren't too bad. I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity.

muppy

7.5 miles last night.

QOTD  The weather,  as the other Pennsylvania peeps said has been pretty blah! However yesterday was beautifully overcast mid 70s. Today is 74° with a nice breeze and low humidity. Much better than last week when the temperature was in the upper 80s with the dewpoint in the low 70s.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Bike to work and strength training this evening

qotd: Hot, and I mean break every single record hot!  We've been in the 100's for the last five days with more to come- 20+ degrees above normal. I detest heat, so not feeling really chipper . I run early mornings or don't run, exception running in the mountains where it's usually 20 degrees cooler

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

Taking an unscheduled rest day today, just because my body is telling me to.  Had a good running weekend - raced a flat road 5K on Saturday, happily (and painfully) breaking 18:00 and getting a PR (since high school, anyway), then a good 10 mile run with fartleks on Sunday with a couple of friends.  Weather was kind of crappy all weekend in CT, but it wasn't hot and the rain held off for both runs.

QOTD:  only a few hot days so far in the CT - more rain than usual, but I can live with that if it means no heat.  Running hasn't really been impacted - mornings have actually been decent running weather for summer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Caught some trails on the way home from a work meeting - 4 ish miles.

MTWarden - So sorry.  That sounds like it really sucks big ones!

QOTD: see other PA folks.  At this point, I just want to be healthy, well trained to run a race.  I don't care if it's 100 degrees or 0 degrees.  I just want to toe the line again.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

7 on some sloppy home trails today. Usually I'm resting on Monday, but I just had 3 days off and a ton of road food, late nights and buckets of Yards. Yeah, I didn't get any running done in Philly - nice to see old friends, though, and I suppose it was good to give the legs a little respite.

qotd: My weather is also pretty much the same as all PA folks reporting in, though I can't say it affects my racing plans. Chaos in my life is usually what dictates that-

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10+ technical mountain trail miles with DD in the afternoon sun. That girl certainly has the potential to cause serious harm to Mom's quads - turned out she's the new Queen of Downhills.

Hopefully not just until her first headfirst downward faceplant - or, to say it more accurately, I hope she'll learn to keep herself safe from those, perhaps by slowing down a bit. (Let's hope the "like mother, like daughter" does not extend quite that far 

After that, it took me a while to recover, while DD happily styled her hair after her shower. I wished I was 17 again!

Run for fun.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Was feeling inspired by the Western States performances and MTwarden's mtn adventure so I set out to try a new loop of forest roads and trails from my front door.  Was not the high altitude mtn style outing, but there was a certain stillness and calm to cruising along little used dirt roads, also nice to figure out some long, interesting runs that I don't have to drive to.

I timed a gap in the storms pretty well and this was rolling in just as I wrapped up.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice shot!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √