Trailer Trash

Connecticut Ultra Traverse CUT112 (Read 21 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Its been a while since I showed my face here ( since I'm no longer running), but If I could

I would like to invite anyone interested to check out the Connecticut Ultra Traverse 112 mile run on June 2-3, 2018

The Connecticut Ultra Traverse (#CUT112) is a 112 mile trail running event following the Blue Blazes of the New England Trail from the MA-CT border to the Long Island Sound in Guilford, CT.  Shorter distances are also encouraged.

Ultra Sign up link

Facebook Group

Link to strava (My Brothers run Last year)

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

AT-runner

Tim

Jody, good to hear from you. Why no running?

Hope you are well. Miss your jumping race photos.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Heya, AT!!

Kind of fell off the wagon.  Had some hip and abdominal floor issues, around the fall of of 2014, then lost my job, and the new job is 1:15 commute each way..unless there's traffic, and all that sitting wrecked my low back...  and put on 30 lbs.

Enough..I'll take some cheese with all my wine-ing.  Hopefully I'll improve my back with PT and get back out there.

In the meantime I'm "support coordinator"  for the 2nd annual CUT112   We had 25 participants last year, completing anywhere from 5 or 10 to 62 miles, and had two that ran the entire distance across CT.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hey jbyram, good to hear from you again.

I hope your health issues will improve again soon. I have also noticed that with less running, I have more problems, with joints mainly, and the back. I find that trail running is apparently an excellent core strengthening exercise, so I get out to run occasionally, even though my time is very limited, too.

And I also find that staying connected with the sport (as a volunteer, etc.) really brings back the motivation.

Stick around, and get back into running again! Even just a few miles help.

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Thanks for the encouragement!