Trailer Trash

Mundane Mondaily (Read 28 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I took zero days on Friday and Saturday nursing a couple of minor pains.  And then I got in a good 15 miles in on Sunday morning.

Couch - love your qotd answer from yesterday.  Way to be a rebel!!!!

QOTD: Do anything fun/adventurous over the weekend? Eat anything different over the weekend?

Me, not not really.  Normal weekend full of home projects, school work, soccer game, church, football, etc.  And no weird different foods.  We're so boring!  But looking forward to your adventures!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

So just like SNL, we have a weekend update. A pretty nice, slightly on the speedy side 7 mile loop on Friday night at Coventry Woods, Saturday was a hilly wandering 11 miles at Nolde Forest, and Sunday I ran one of my short old loops at French Creek for 6 miles. Pretty good runs all of them, compared to some of the slogs last week. Today, I'm not sure where we will head for our evening run.

QOTD: Pretty boring weekend here. Cleaned up some stuff in the shed/backyard, watched some football, ate homemade waffles and tacos. I think this upcoming Sunday my partner and crime will be heading up to Hamburg to run our AT/Hawk Mountain loop. There is some rather fun and exciting rock scrambling to be had on the Skyline trail on top of Hawk Mt.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning folks.  easy day for me today-- a short run at the treadmill while at the gym for strength work.  nothing exciting, but I'll write in about it regardless.

qotd:  We had a fun weekend-- spent at the beach camping with friends.  Got a bike ride in with the kids on Saturday, and our race Sunday am.   No one got on the podium (older DS was 4th in his age group, missing out by seconds), but we got our share of beer and food and had a good day.  Did not eat anything new, but ate way too much pizza (we over-ordered).

Sandy-2

Got back 'home' to Korea Sunday night and since Mon and Tues are holidays here, I slept in Monday.  But when we got up I did go for a little jog for about two miles.  Since I only did 43 very slow miles Fri/Sat, the 2 this morning wasn't too bad.

Still licking my my mental wounds though.

qotd:although it didn't go according to plan, UTMF was still an adventure.  Afterwards for food I had a choice between horse meet shawarma or venison hot dog,...  I went with the hot dog, it was good.  :-)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

NHLA

I'm going running if the rain stops

qotd   Comet Grill  Charlotte NC.  They have a special based on the visiting team.  Gumbo because we beat the Saints.

Brisket when we beat the Texans.  Cool Idea.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Strength training this evening

qotd: had a great weekend with perfect weather; Sat a nice "adventure" run in the Elkhorns bagging both Elkhorn and Crow peaks- replete with a big bull in full rut bugling. Sunday got a nice 5-ish mile run in the hills.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 5 this morning, and it felt pretty good despite the muggy conditions. If the rain holds out, I may get another 5 after work. I ran/hiked twice on Sunday, and I ran a sluggish 10 miler in the mid day heat on Saturday. My legs felt a little heavy all weekend long; I probably should have taken a rest day. But, I wanted to keep my steak going.

QOTD: I did some discing on a food plot for my nephew. His dad is sick, so I am filling in for that type of stuff for awhile. I am hoping he gets better soon; they start chemo tomorrow and seem optimistic. Other than that, I pretty much took it easy.

Sandy: Sorry about Fuji-San, buddy. Go back in get up front next year.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Almost ready to head out into the fog and - maybe - rain. A few miles, just easy trotting to not anger the bronchitis.

I applied for a new position at my "instant money job", but as of today, I am not so sure how things will work out. Almost killed my new boss-to-be (she's extremely allergic to seafood, and someone dropped the tuna fish on her that I had left out to mix into tuna salad) - now people are suspecting I understood the new position opening up through an elimination challenge. Oh, it's not reality TV?   They should have told me that earlier... 

QOTD: nah, still the same old boring stuff. On the other hand, the zoo of unique customers in a food place is always a source of amusement to me. 

Nachos for food, very spicy, and plenty. Was good, but now I might be in trouble with my run... literally. 

Run for fun.

Watoni

Probably rest/core today. Nursing those blisters along with my other injuries, so sucked it up for a great 10 miles Saturday, then rode the road bike Sunday with a friend, including up some great dirt (it is allowed). Go 27-28 mm tires Wink Also need to attend a school board meeting tonight.

QOTD: Friday evening we actually did a double date of sorts, exercise over the weekend, and Sunday evening at a friends house that was really fun/sweet. Overall a great weekend Smile Now if those orthotics can just get dialed in with no more blisters ....

Daydreamer1

A miserable day at work yesterday and last night meant I had to take a nap after coming home. Now it's time to get up and at it. Looks like it will be either 6 or 7.5 mile loop here around the house. Running and biking are going to be taking a back seat for awhile. I'm tearing my '97 Dodge pickup apart to do some restoration work on it and the house needs a lot of attention as well.

Jamie - I'm assuming the soccer was kids soccer. I miss those days.

Xtreme - Seen in the other post the lady has 1400 miles for the year. Have you ever done any races with her.  I couldn't remember if you ever mentioned that.

Runtrail -- Congrats on the kiddo getting fourth place.  It's always nice to see kids that are interested in running.

Sandy - Sorry to hear about your DNF. I think I would have tried the shawarma. Never had horse meat before and I'll try most things at least once.

NHLA - The Panthers are one of the teams I kind of follow.  Been watching Newton's career and now I was hoping they would get  Wegher involved a little more. He was an exciting runner in college.

Warden - After seeing all your pictures I think I'm moving......to Montana

LB2 - Food plots.  Makes me think that hunting season is fast approaching here.

FTYC - "zoo of unique customers" .  That's a interesting description. Sounds like a good place for a professional people watcher like myself to just sit and observe for awhile.

Watoni - I used to have a cyclocross bike. Loved the 32mm tires. Unfortunately the frame broke and right now I don't want to spend the money on another one.

QOTD: Certainly didn't eat anything different, but we did have a wedding on Saturday and they served some delicious roast beef.  The most adventurous I got was snapping at a Dr in the wee hours of the morning.  She really deserved it.

some call me Tim

Ah, DD, good luck! Those kind of projects are gratifying when they're done, but have a tendency to balloon once you get into them.. esp. the house stuff.

7 on the home trails today after nearly a week off. There was a twinge here or there after 5 miles, but I'm fine now and starting to think maybe my leg really isn't gonna break in half. Maybe I'm especially attuned to what's going on and needed the rest, or maybe I was getting paranoid about little aches because my trail shoes had 900 miles and my road shoes had almost 700 and I had just bragged to someone that I was completely FINE ;-)

I retired the shoes anyway.

qotd: Looks like it's an easy win for Sandy in the weird eats category (both of those sounds interesting). The best I've got is the previously mentioned failed beer mile where it only took one can of warm Molson Canadian to turn me into a bubble machine.

OBMedic

So I've been lurking on these forums for a while and finally figured I'd join in and contribute, so hey how's it going? I'm originally from PA and have run a few of the pretzel city sports races including Labor Pains 2 years ago. I recently moved to the mountains of NC and my body has been adjusting to the much larger elevation gains in my runs. I'm hoping to use the mountains to my advantage this winter in training for my first 50 miler this spring on a flat course. Since this is the dailies I guess I should add in my run today. I did 6 rainy, wet miles on the dirt/gravel Forest Service roads in Pisgah.

QOTD: Nothing terribly exciting thanks to the rain, mostly stayed inside by the fire.

Upcoming Races

Nutcracker 12 hour- 12/15/15 (Depending on Work Schedule)

Everglades Ultras 50M- 2/20/16

Black Mountain Monster 24 hour- May 2016

www.alwaysmoretogive.com

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

OBMedic- welcome aboard! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

OBMedic-- nice to hear a new voice.  Welcome!