Trailer Trash

Hump Daily (Read 25 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I just used the title because I liked how it sounded. 

4 or 5 over lunch on the roads. Nothing spectacular, but weather is nice.

I need a new adventure to train for. Time for me to start looking at hiking and trail sites to see where I should go.

QOTD:  What is/was your hometown, and why did you move (if you did)?

I grew up in Silver Spring, MD right outside of Washington DC.  Moved to Gettysburg 26 years ago for work and chose here because we were looking for a more rural area to raise kids.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running after work with the group...I would like to do 9 but will have Jack with me and that may be a little too far for him.  We will see.

QOTD:  Traverse City, MI   Well I graduated from college and took the first teaching job offered in Fontana, CA (the slums).  Until this day I still want to return to Traverse City or at least a small town outside of it.   but the old man continues to say no way jose!

AT:  I also need something to train for.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Did 8 this morning, almost took a rest day but finally drug my butt out the door. Glad I did, after the first sucky mile the rest felt pretty good.

QOTD. I'm gonna die on the same dirt that I was raised on.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  I bagged my hill repeats last night and instead took two different trail spurs I hadn't been on before to make a loop (I think the only two I haven't been on)- ended up with just under 10 miles (it was longer than I thought it was going to be).  SRD today and will hit the hill repeats tomorrow.

qotd: I was born and raised north of Syracuse, NY- moved to Montana when I was 18 (just a short 40 years ago ) and have been here ever since.  I've lived all over the state in those 40 years, we moved to Helena a little over two years ago and don't see us moving again (but never say never right!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 5.3 this morning, and I'll get another 10 after work. This will be my highest mileage week of this training cycle before I start to taper. It should hit 100 miles this week. I don't think I have ever run that many miles in a 7 day training period without actually having a 100 mile race in the same period. I didn't really plan that; it just sort of worked out that way. Well, it may work out that way; I'm only to Wednesday; I could play out by Friday, but I doubt it.

QOTD: Greensburg, LA. Why did I move? Because it sucked. The question is why did I move back!?! To become mayor? Maybe. Actually, my home town is not a town at all. I grew up about 13 miles south of Greensburg in a place called Grangeville. Grangeville is just a crossroads with a church and a store. I moved when I was 17 to join the Marines. I'm not sure why I came back; I finished the Marines and went to college. After college, I moved back to the country. We just bought a house that is far more rural than the little country town we lived in. I am happy we moved. I'm finishing out this term as mayor at the request of some folks on the board of aldermen. I'm glad I am not running for re-election. I don't like politics.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work, feeling like crap. At least it's only a 12 hour shift. Took off the last twelve so I can go traveling for the weekend. No running and the way I feel I wouldn't even if I was home.

Queen - Heading to Clare Mi, for several days. DW has some family in that area.

QOTD: St Mary's County, Maryland.  At least that was where I was hatched out and lived for 10 1/2 years. My parents were from central PA and had moved to MD when their parents moved.  My dad was working as a civilian crash rescue/firefighter for the Air Force. When he retired from that we headed to PA. Glad we did. For some reason whenever I get in that area down there I get depressed.

some call me Tim

Rest day today.. I could probably run, but I'm hoping a little extra downtime here and there will get me clear of all of the recent mystery aches

qotd: Buffalo, NY. Ish. Born in the rural outskirts, grew up in a chain-store littered suburb, moved downtown for a few years, and now living in the rural outskirts. I never thought I'd still be around here, but then a lot of stuff happened that I didn't predict. I've spent a fair amount of time out in Arizona and would love to move there, but I don't see it happening, at least not till my kids are grown.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping to get some miles done in the afternoon. Weather is just too cold for me. 

QOTD: I grew up in Steyr, Austria, a small town north of the Alps with consistently bad weather. Moved to Vienna (Austria's capital, a larger city) to study when I was 18, and then moved for the job many times to different countries and places all over the world. Strangely enough, I almost always actually lived in small towns, almost rural areas, not the big cities.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Have fun...Mom told me last night the colors are just starting to Pop!

Queen - Heading to Clare Mi, for several days. DW has some family in that area.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not been feeling well for a few days.  Not quite sick but I have felt something coming on.  I am hoping it really turns out to be nothing but we'll see.  Due to that and some pains in my legs, I have not run much.  I think any miles I gained on Queen are slowly slipping away! I will give it another day or two and then hopefully pick up where I left off.

QOTD: I grew up in a small town (Berlin) in MA.  Everyone knew everyone.  I moved away when I went off to college at age 18 to PA and never looked back. There are some things I miss about New England but not enough to ever move back there.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Hi all-- haven't gotten out running yet, but I'll meet up with the running group for 6 road miles tonight.  The store that hosts our group is closing (bankruptcy) and so we need to find another host.  Shouldn't be too difficult, though I'll miss the perks with this place.  For every mile run each quarter, you got $1 of store credit.

Queen-- I've always wanted to visit Traverse City and the surrounding area.  Heard so many great things about that place!

qotd:  St Paul, MN.  Went to college in the twin cities and after a stint on the west coast and alaska, DH and I moved to Silver Spring, MD (just on the border of DC).  It was a job for him and we've been here going on 20 years.  But I still say I'm from MN.

DigDug2

Hi all,

60 minutes on the stationary bike today - foot has been bothering me since a half marathon a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to give it a few days of rest.

QOTD:  Cleveland, OH suburbs (South Euclid) - moved to NJ when I was 13 due to dad's job.  Have moved around every few years since for college, law school, work - currently in CT for 7 years and counting.  New England suits me.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi early this morning. A good run with the hill thrown in for good measure.  Kind of warm and humid this morning, not as 'crisp' as the last few weeks.  Now I'm on the 'bullet' train to Seoul.

qotd: Hometown/grew up in Sayville, NY, a little south shore Long Island town about 50 miles from NYC.  Went to college in The Bronx then moved around for work between NY, Brooklyn, Korea, NJ, TX (actually bounced between NJ and TX a few times) and now back in Korea.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I went to college in Marquette Mi and for some weird reason wanted to move to ST Paul even though I have never been there.  I also still tell people I'm from Michigan.

Queen-- I've always wanted to visit Traverse City and the surrounding area.  Heard so many great things about that place!

qotd:  St Paul, MN.  Went to college in the twin cities and after a stint on the west coast and alaska, DH and I moved to Silver Spring, MD (just on the border of DC).  It was a job for him and we've been here going on 20 years.  But I still say I'm from MN.

NHLA

13 miles  4 miles up and 9 miles down. Quad buster.

qotd   Hattiesburg MS  moved th Beaumont TX for a better job then Hendersonville NC because we wanted to.

DW and I made a list of 10 places we wanted to move to. These had to be practical places where we could both get good jobs.

Only two towns were on both list. Fairhope AL was the other town.