Trailer Trash

Waiting on the Wednesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

I will run 5 or 6 after work, probably 6.

QOTD: I have nothing.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4 miles through the parks in the hood. It was fun. Great weather, clear skies, not too warm.
      Unfortunately the fall colors are not as nice as usual, probably because it's too dry, but it is still beautiful.

I ran along some roads where people had put out the garbage for collection and noticed a lot of plants (flowers, small indoor trees) that were being discarded. At least one at almost every house. Some of them were still nice and are meant to live several years, but it seems people are not willing to care for a plant as soon as it is past its prime for the year. I get it, but it seemed to me there were a lot of plants being thrown out today.

Now getting ready for a dentist appointment to fix a chipped tooth. At least not something painful, but I still dread the dentist.

QOTD: pass.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi in the dark this morning. Ran along the AuBenalster (inner lake).  It was cool with lots of other runners, nice run. My calf seems to be better today.

qotd: Pass.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Should have called it "Why so many Wednesdailies   So Jack was limping last night and a bit this morning so I decided not to run them but to walk them and than run with group tonight. I did notice Jack wasn't limping at the end of the walk.  On our walk I saw two dead coyotes which bummed me out because my guess is the landowner killed them.   Warden: What's the likelihood that two coyotes would be killed at the same place?  They were torn up but wondering if that happened after.

QOTD:  How long have you worked at your current place?  (LB from Tuesday)  10.5 years here in Nevada County but I did the same job in Riverside County for an additional 10 years.. lord get me outta here.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Busy morning, and have clothes to run, but no time to get out at lunch.  Not happy! Beautiful day, and I could use the stress reduction. 

QOTD:  29 years. I hate my boss.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Daydreamer1

Lovely day here in central Pa.  Think I'll go out, sit in the woods and enjoy the day. If I see any wild women waltz by I may party with them or cook up some venison .  Probably no run today.

QOTD:   7 1/2 years at current full time job.  On November 4th I'll have 20 years in at my one job. Started there full time and went part time when I switched to current FT job.  Also have another occasional gig. Don't pick up much time there anymore. In fact I worked there last Saturday afternoon. On Friday they called me and told me that they saw I was on the schedule but they had fired me several days before. Problem was they needed someone for the shift so could I please fill out a new application .  It's a long story but the office wench is a truly complete idiot, if she had called me to tell me about it I would have told her to stick it up her a$$$$ .   21 years over all in current job description.   Starting to really hate it.

Daydreamer1

Tell him to go take a hike ,  or maybe a run .

LB2

Should have called it "Why so many Wednesdailies   So Jack was limping last night and a bit this morning so I decided not to run them but to walk them and than run with group tonight. I did notice Jack wasn't limping at the end of the walk.  On our walk I saw two dead coyotes which bummed me out because my guess is the landowner killed them.   Warden: What's the likelihood that two coyotes would be killed at the same place?  They were torn up but wondering if that happened after.

QOTD:  How long have you worked at your current place?  (LB from Tuesday)  10.5 years here in Nevada County but I did the same job in Riverside County for an additional 10 years.. lord get me outta here.

Sorry Sue, but I kill every coyote I see if I have a gun.

QOTD: I have been here 15 years, plus 3 months. But I have about 16 with the teacher's retirement system. I taught four years of high school English before quitting and cashing that out when I got divorced. I bought one of those years back when I went back into the retirement system. If I would have forged on, I could still be where I am with about 23 total years in the system. But, if I had not made the decisions I made (some bad), I don't think I would be the person I am today.

LB2

XtremeTaper

5 miles last night with the Lady out by the lake. The easy side feels hard to me right now. LOL. Finally fall weather. Sunny, bright, mild, but with a crisp chill in the air towards sunset. Managed to mix in a few normal running segments with the trail jogging. Planet of fitness today at lunch, and I will do 3 tonight on the local trail.

Funny story from today. You know how you always lose socks in the wash. Well, doing some clothes today and the washer would not finish it's cycle. Would not drain. So I powered it off, figuring something was stuck in the trap again and low and behold there was one of my running socks clogging up the works.

QOTD: 28 years. Well sort of. There have been 5 different companies involved (think mergers, sales) and my roles/responsibilities have changed but here I am still rolling with the changes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nothing yesterday, but did get two rifles sighted in and ready to go

Tiny E and I plan on 4-ish this evening

Sue- highly unlikely natural death , could have been shot and left,  if it's a place you go by regularly- don't let your dogs go near it; it's unfortunately becoming relatively common for ranchers to lace carcasses with insecticide with the goal of killing coyotes. the stuff is very deadly, if you see dead birds/insects/skunks/ etc near these carcasses, call the fish and game immediately

I've worked cases in the past where a single laced carcass has killed multiple eagles, multiple magpies/ravens, skunks, coyotes- we referred to it as "the ring of death"- many of the animals were killed eating the dead animals near the carcass and never touching the original  carcass

qotd: 4.5 years at my current job, 2 more to go   24 years as a Montana game warden previous

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Sue- highly unlikely natural death , could have been shot and left,  if it's a place you go by regularly- don't let your dogs go near it; it's unfortunately becoming relatively common for ranchers to lace carcasses with insecticide with the goal of killing coyotes. the stuff is very deadly, if you see dead birds/insects/skunks/ etc near these carcasses, call the fish and game immediately

Yes. They have stuff out there that will kill the varmint, kill the varmint that eats the varmint, and kill the thing that ate the varmint that ate the varmint.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Too late I let them sniff um..they did have maggots crawling in the eye sockets so that is a good sign they are not laced.  The guy who owns the land has horses and one day I saw him walking around with a bow, so guessing he killed them but did not lace them.  He also has dogs that walk in those woods.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I know... I felt bad because you could see their little paws and nose...so cute like a doggy.

Sorry Sue, but I kill every coyote I see if I have a gun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

wiggling maggots are a good sign, probably shot and left

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √