Trailer Trash

Weather Wednesday (Read 26 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Raining hard here, with snow expected later.  A good day for the gym, which I'll be heading towards shortly.  A short stint on the treadmill with a strength session planned.  Then packing.  Oh, and hopefully the car will be done to get picked up...

qotd:  Thanksgiving leftovers-- yea or nay?  I'm not a huge fan of the meal itself, so I'm happy to either cook a simple version or be a guest.  I don't want to be revisiting turkey and stuffing for days.  Pie is really the only part of the meal I want to see on Friday, but can do with a little bit of turkey.

AT-runner

Tim

Snowing here.  We're in the 9-10" range on the forecast.  I'm sure my schedule will be full of cancellations, so maybe a longer run at lunch.

I've been raising money for a local charity for Noshavember.  Doing pretty good with donations and gives me that "Trail Runner" look. haha.

Here's my best John M impersonation

QOTD:  I'd skip the meal just to have leftovers.  Love a turkey sandwich with mayo (not MW) and cranberry sauce.  Pie is always good.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I'll get 3 to 5 tonight.

QOTD: I'll be eating leftovers, possibly force fed. My wife and mom are pestering me to gain some weight, and they told me I need to start buying clothes that are not moisture wicking and shoes that aren't trail shoes. "You used to be such a stylish dresser," says my mom. And I am thinking, "Hmmmm, if I get some pants from the goodwill, I can get two pair of Altra's and stock up on Tailwind..."

LB2

Occasional Runner

Very warm this morning with clear skies. Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day in the Wasatch.

I got 12 miles this morning and an hour in the gym. 6 miles were on the road so I could focus on speed and the other 6 were in the mountains so I could attack some hills. It was pretty awesome!

I got a lot of good news about 2015 sponsors yesterday, but I still haven't seen a renewal contract for Hammer. I wonder if they've finally had enough of my beer drinking during races...

QOTD: Pie. ALL the pie.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ha!  Nice photo, AT!  Smile

Today is a SRD for me.  I race tomorrow.

QOTD: I don't eat the turkey and there tends not to be too much left over of anything else, but since I'm the one making the pie, that means I get to take the uneaten pie home.  Which means I get to eat apple pie for breakfast this weekend and not feel at all guilty about it!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work watching the snow come down. They're talking about 6" maybe more here. A 24 hour shift so no running.

QOTD: I'd rather have the left overs. Love the Turkey Sandwiches.

Watoni

It is snowing here at my in-laws in MD. If I can get off work calls I will hit a local trail for a bit before likely volunteering to cook dinner for 15+

QOTD: If it is turkey with homemade mole, then yes. I never get to make that for the traditionalists in my family, so no. I would prefer a nice rib roast ....

Did somebody say pie?

XtremeTaper

Woke up to rain but it quickly changed over to snow. I guess we've had a few inches now, maybe more. No time to hit the trails today but the local roads were snow covered so the Lady and I looped through the neighborhood for 5 miles. I wore trails shoes to deal with the snow and slush. Thankfully got out there before the plows. Hopefully some of this snow will stick on the trails for Sunday's Dirty Bird 15k trail race.

QOTD: I like a plate of leftovers the next day, then the rest of the turkey goes in a stew or soup.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

A hour today in more godawful slop, this time with some nice light snow coming down. Looking forward to the holiday and its options to run on a surface that doesn't constantly give way. I've got all kinds of nomadic twinges in my right hamstring and the constantly awful footing is not helping me.

qotd: the turkey. if it's done well I could eat that and little else for days. couple of years I've done just that.

Sandy-2

Taking a rest day today (Thurs).

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving.  We follow the local holidays so no Thanksgiving over here and I'm at work today, but I am joining a bunch of folks for dinner tonight at a local place serving up a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, cranberry sauce and everything.  Unfortunately there will be no leftovers for me this year. The leftovers are the best part.

Although there is no Thanksgiving over here, there is an added bonus, there is no black Friday either!!!!  However a lot of stores have Christmas stuff out already.

qotd: see above.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving.  We follow the local holidays so no Thanksgiving over here and I'm at work today, but I am joining a bunch of folks for dinner tonight at a local place serving up a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, cranberry sauce and everything.  Unfortunately there will be no leftovers for me this year. The leftovers are the best part.

Sandy, somehow I envision a group of Americans celebrating in a Karaoke bar.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!