Trailer Trash

Freaky Friday (Read 20 times)

Gator eye

wow what a week. Life hit me hard all week long so this morning me and Mr Jangles finally got a 8 mile run in. We were both in need od a run to clear the head.

Mr Jangles is doing fine after a small break, i still have him limited to no more than 8 miles. most days i drop him off after 4 and finish alone. I got pretty scared i was losing my running partner.

QOTD: how are you doing on your yearly mileage goal?

i had my sites set at 2500 for the year but looks like im going to fall about 50 miles short.

LB2

I hope Mr. Jangles is recovering well.

I hit 5 tempo miles yesterday after work on a country road. It is one of my favorite routes, but I don't like running on any type of road because I tend to over stride. This morning I slept a little bit too long, but I still managed to get 5 on the trails around the house. I had 4 for my goal, so the extra mile was good. I found a huge, fresh scrape made by a buck. I think he might be a pretty good one. He tore into an adjacent bush and ripped it up pretty good. I may try to focus on hunting him through December, but I won't miss many runs for a deer.

QOTD: I don't even want to talk about it. I haven't even run a race all year. I haven't been focused on my running until the last couple of months. I'll be lucky to break 1000 miles this year. I should do that, but it won't be by very much.

Update: I may not break 1000 miles. I would need another 140 or so for December, and I don't think that will happen unless I can fit in some back to back long runs between Christmas and New Year's Eve. It could happen.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It looks like typical late fall weather has finally arrived with forecasted highs in the upper 40s. I'm still hobbling but can cover as much as 5 miles before the ache gets bad enough that I know it's time to stop. Several people warned me that strains in the area I described can take a long time to heal. I'll get out later when it's a little warmer and also hope I don;t get a call asking me if I can work an extra shift. One of out cashiers has been out sick and the managers have already asked me to cover one of his shifts.

qotd: This year has been a down year for mileage and I'm not going to come anywhere close to my goal. This recent injury was the final straw. I'll be about 200 miles short.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

I managed a short jog around the neighborhood last night after a pretty challenging yoga class at lunch. I've been stepping up the yoga this last month or so, trying to work out some flexibility and strength issues. I'm starting to see some results but the hip flexors are still like steel beams. Oh well.

Gator-- Glad to hear Mr. Jangles is doing better and still running!

qotd: I didn't set an annual goal this year and I'm not sure of my actual mileage. I switched over to Strava in the spring and my garmin runs came with, but my non-garmin runs did not.  It's too much bother to try to figure out what I already know-- It wasn't one of my better years.

muppy

Got in 6 miles on the rail trail. Was one of those happy running bubble runs, was a faster pace and felt so easy!

Gator, glad Mr Jangles is back running!

QOTD I have a bit over 1500 for the year which is my goal for the running game. I wanted 2000 but had a slow start to the year.

Daydreamer1

Today was moving day for DS. He moved out and this time it's probably permanent as he has a 18 month lease.  He's moving in with a  HS buddy who just graduated from college. He was tired of driving >100 miles per day to get to work.  So after he left I walked into his old room  and just looked around at what was left. His dresser is still here with full drawers and the walls still have the pictures and other sports memorabilia from his high school days. It looks like I'll be responsible for keeping tabs on a couple of his guns that he doesn't have room for, a tool box of Snap-On tools and a $1800.00 mountain bike.   If the bike is still here in the spring I'll have to make sure it still works on some of the tougher trails .   It doesn't seem like all that long ago that he arrived here as a squalling little diaper pooper .  Kind of bittersweet to see your kiddos grow up and fly the coop .

Planning on getting in about 5 miles later today.

Gator - Glad to hear Mr Jangles is doing better.

QOTD: My goal was 1500 miles. I'm 41.1 miles away from that so I should hit it. The limiting factor would be my hip.  Still having some issues with that but I think it is either muscle or tendonitis and not bone or joint problems. Seems like if it's stretched and used in certain ways it gets better. Running does irritate it so I should stop running on it but with so few miles to meet my goals I'll tough it out than take a break.

XtremeTaper

The plan is for 30 minutes on the bike to nowhere this evening. I will try another hill routine to entertain me. Do plan a few 2-3 mile walks this weekend with the Lady though the chiro/PT mentioned this morning I should take it easy. He does not live with the Lady, plus well, I am sensing improvement anyway.

QOTD: I am going to end up a bit short, not that I had a firm goal but ran 2,700 and change last year so figured 2,800 was in reach. The past 2 months have been a setback though, and I sit right now just below 2,500. I should be able to hit 2,600 though, even with next week off.

Gator - Good new on Mr. Jangles. I am very attached to my running dogs.

RunTrail - About your question yesterday...  the Lady.. she and the springer are getting daily walks about 1 mile, but yeah she is getting antsy. I will get her out to the woods this weekend for longer walks so that should help.

DD - I guess your grocery bills at least will go down!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Even though I barely got out of bed I was still able to get 4 miles in and be to work...almost on time.   Only to arrive and a co-worker's husband brought us donuts!!!   I can't believe it's gone already.

QOTD:  My goal was to hit 1,500 which will not happen...this year I was raised  the bar to 1,500 and previous years my goal was 1200 which I rarely hit.  I have past 1200 so I am happy with my failure to reach 1,500.  It will again be my goal not to reach next year.

Gator eye:  Glad to hear Jangles is OK.

WC:  There ain't nothing too shabby about 5 miles.  Enjoy it.

DD:  Enjoy the empty nest and that sweet Mt Bike.

XT:  "He doesn't live with Lady"  sometimes I think it's a detriment to run with your dogs.  They become so demanding when you don't take them running.  My start just getting a bit wild and then my husband will be "You need to take those dogs running!" My friend has 4 dogs they never walk or run.  You go to there house and those dogs just lay around, not wanting anything.  PS.  Your consistency on running sure does pay off in miles.  I need to improve on that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today for me

qotd: I'm close to 1400, so barring an option injury I should make 1500 by the end of the match month. Not sure of my hiking, hunting, snowshoeing, skiing miles, but would guess close to 3-400, maybe more?????  Anywho, plenty happy with this years efforts 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Gah, my kids got me sick and now I'm feverish and icky... could be worse, though. I can still do stuff around the house. And yes, in case you're wondering, I *do* have a million excuses. It is now just over a month since the race debacle... didn't plan the downtime this year, it just kinda happened. And my energy has gone into related things-

I've just recently built out a simple website for a friend who's starting a race timing company. He couldn't really afford to pay for a database-driven solution, though, so to start he's just putting results pdfs up. I know there are some services out there, but I thought I'd take a stab at developing a little race results web application for when he needs to take t to the next level.. It's coming along in fits and starts... perhaps if the initial build turns out ok I'll bring it up here for features suggestions.

Gator Eye, I am acutely familiar with that hard-hit scenario - hope you get a break in these coming days. Nice to hear your running bud is recovering well Smile

DD, sounds bittersweet, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the empty nest, not to mention that bike!

qotd: I have no goal! Well, the only goal I had was to get back to the 50 mile or more this year and that's not happening, but I'm not too broken up about it. Better to work on getting the joy of the sport back. The rest will come.

Have a great rest of your day, everyone.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run.  Geez I need to run.  Just lace em up and go.  I need to get out.  Blah, blah blah...

Yay for Mr Jangles!

QOTD: My goal was 1500 and I am 80+ yet to go.  I was on pace for well over 1600 by my race in early October but it's been very limited miles since then. But with my 2016 team being in the FINALS, starting next week I need to run, run, run.  So I should easily hit my 1500 and be injury free which is most important.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Took the day off from work, unfortunately it was mainly to burn vacation time before year-end and to do some stuff around the house.  I still ended up doing some work e-mails.... grrrr.    But I did get a 5 miler in at the end of the day.

Got a text from my DD, she asked me to run 10 mi with her tomorrow morning.  Of course I'm all over that!!!

By the way the Hardrock lottery is tomorrow, they say with my 3 tickets in the "else category" I have about a 1 in 4 shot of getting picked, but they don't know just how crappy my luck is in these things.  Stay tuned.

Gator - glad the pooch is doing better.

DD - what QoN said.

qotd:  I don't set yearly mileage goals, and I don't keep track of that until the year is over, so I actually have no idea. However, maybe I should add it up to see if I'm close to a major number.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 7 by the Willamette River in Portland with DW . Saw more runners and bikers then I've seen, in total, in a whole year. Then sightseeing with kids and hit the Holiday Beer Festival. Drinking since 3 o'clock made for a long day.

QOTD : Should be over 2400 for year. Don't set goals but right where I hoped I'd be as far as staying healthy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!