Trailer Trash

Traveling Tuesdaily (Read 36 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I ran 10 road miles here in Wisconsin and held a sub 7 minute pace. It feels good to run fast at these lower elevations. I feel like I should take advantage of my cardio capacity when I'm out of the mountains so I can get a better workout.

QOTD: Are you a morning, midday or evening runner? And why?

I can only run in the morning. If I don't get out for a run, I feel sluggish and foggy all day. My morning run helps me stay focused and energized for the rest of the day.

dpc3

Morning Lace et al!

Got in a quick 5k this am and feeling a bit tight in places.

QOTD: Definitely a morning runner because if I don't get it in I'll never get a chance as my daily schedule will swallow up the time. Plus my runs in the am energize me and get my motor running for the day.

Have a good day all.

runtraildc

Morning all!

I bailed on last night's workout because of thunderstorms, flooding and a tornado watch.  I'm starting to shop around for an ark.   Got 6 or 7 planned for this afternoon, getting out of work early.  The sun is actually out.

TrailTromper-- how are you faring?  It seemed the worst was up further  your way.

qotd:  it depends on my schedule.  Lately, I've been doing a lot less morning runs and more evening runs.  I often try to fit them in while my kids are swimming (the pools have good access to several trails).

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning,

Plan on getting 7 today after work...nice and easy.

QOTD: I'm an afternoon runner.  I work in construction and the work day starts at 7AM and ends at 3:30PM.  My GF works for a market research company who starts around 10AM and gets her home by about 7:30PM.  That gives me a nice 2-3 hour window where I can run and not impact her schedule.  On weekends I wake up early and run.

*I would like to run mornings every once and a while...every day, the first alarm clock on my cell phone goes off at 4:30AM and say "Wake up and Run"...I've done that exactly 1 time.

**Ask me about streaking**

Another SRD...

TrailTromper-- how are you faring?  It seemed the worst was up further  your way.

The worst of it passed just a bit to the north of us.

QOTD: Definitely early morning.  I am an early riser and just love being in the woods that time of day.  I hate the heat and don't mind the cold and that is another plus for the morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm starting to shop around for an ark.

Build your own...300 x 50 x 30  (cubits)

Morning. I got in 5 last night (with 3 on the treadmill) thanks to tornado warnings in Philly.  Things are looking sunny today but I'm still in a foul mood for some reason. Can't seem to shake the negativity. A run later should help.

QOTD: I'm truly an afternoon runner, though my schedule doesn't usually allow for it. During the week I run in the evenings, and on the weekends it's usually the morning.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning.  Once again a nice warm and humid run.  I'm trying to put a possitive spin on it...   DW and I are also going to the gym after work today, an hour climbing stairs again.

qotd:  Although I'm also at work at 7am, I run in the morning.  Same as the others, if I run in the morning I'm sure to get it done and I feel better all day.  If I sleep in and plan to run after work, sometimes (most times) other stuff gets in the way.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

DigDug2

6.5 on road/rail trail this a.m. - a little humid after raining all night, but not hot.

QOTD:  morning, but not religiously.  I find that in the summer I almost always run in the morning, but in the winter when it's dark out I have trouble getting out of bed and run at lunchtime instead.  (I also run on the TM more in the winter, which I do at lunchtime at work.)  My favorite part about running in the morning is that I can then eat/drink whatever and whenever I want all day, without worrying about eating/drinking too close to a run.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning.  I stayed in bed this morning.  Should have gone to the gym.  I am struggling with motivation the last month plus.  I think I need a vacation - one where I can run on the beach. Oh yeah - that's coming up next week.

Jamzilla - you work construction and then run? That's quite a workout.

TnC - I woke up in a foul mood myself today.  Not sure why.  Maybe all the crappy weather recently.  It is nice outside today though.

QOTD: Morning due to too many things going later in the day.  I used to run at night and then changed things up last year.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Good Morning all,

SRD today.

QOTD: Evening in the winter time, due to bitter cold temps. Morning any other time, it wakes me up and affords me more family time in the evenings. I start a midnight shift (12am-8am) next week and not sure how I am going to handle it. I have two options: catch the trails on the way home or do a midday run in the heat. I won't be able to sleep all day anyway so midday will probably be the answer.

XtremeTaper

Nice tempo run Lace.

No run for me today. I will hold off running to this weekend at the earliest. Mowing and/or dog walking on tap for tonight. I can still hit the trails, but just walk and do fewer miles. The dog gets further ahead of me though.

QOTD: Evening runner here except for rare occasions. Well, winter sometime I am a midday runner. My schedule allows me to run in the evening and it sort of gives me my reward for the day. In the morning, I am a staggering mess for about 2-3 miles if I wake up and run but I do enjoy the feeling it gives me afterwards when I go that early. Weekends I do run in the morning but it's after being awake and moving for an hour or two.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jamzilla - you work construction and then run? That's quite a workout.

I didn't mean to mislead...I wear a tie to work.  I manage construction safety for a mechanical contractor that builds power plants and other public works type projects.  I'm literally not allowed to pick up a tool (strong unions in NYC).  When I worked in the field at my past job I was a hands on guy, but I took the wise advice of some broken down old-timers and got myself out of the physical labor side of things.  I lost a lot of muscle when I took this job, which I am finally regaining.

Chnaiur

Foot is healing way better than expectations, but its still too early to put weight on it. Will try some stationary biking and weights at the gym.

QOTD: I'm an afternoon runner. I'm not a morning person, and feel stiff and low-energy until about 10 am. To maximize my productivity over the full day, I like to take off for a few hours in the late afternoon and then get back to work. There is no use sitting at work staring like a zombie at the computer. I'd much rather take off and get back to it when I can think clearly again.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon.  Got soaked on 8 miles in the woods.  Looked at the forecast and the radar before I went out, and both showed no signs of rain.  5 min into the run, the skies opened up and lasted for almost an hour.  I did find a new trails that was what I call "1/2 track".  The ferns were almost touching across the trail and it was too thin to call single track.

Chainur - glad foot is healing.

QOTD:  Morning runner here.  Like others said, if I don't get out, something pops up and steals my time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!