Trailer Trash

Monday!! A start of a new week and chance set and meet new weekly goals. (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Bed won this morning!!  Will run after work and also leaving work early to go to Pilates.

I really shouldn't be at work today as I have so many chores waiting for me at home after a thoroughly indulgent and pleasant weekend.  Thus the title between my lack luster running and the messes house I plan on making a to do list for this week and some shopping for a fall race.

QOTD:  The year is half over, how do you feel about what you wanted to accomplish this year in life or running and what do you plan on doing to step it up if needed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I jokingly (maybe not so jokingly) said I was going to run WS in 2017 or 2018 yesterday because I was just excited.  I never even heard of ultra running until I moved here and heard about WS.  I have wanted to do it since.  So my running goal for this year was 1,500 which I never hit.  In the 2016 in 2016 game you can change your goal until June 30.  I was thinking of going down to 1,200 but what's the point of a goal if you just move the target closer.  So I think I will sign up for a fall 50 miler.  Maybe prepare myself for a qualifying 100K next May.  I love how I have these fantasy while also not getting out of the bed to run in the morning.  

My life goals has been to catch on my chores so I can read more and do some creative things I like to do.  Not doing so good there although I am reading more.  The library has a book club that meets at a winery:  two things I like and my friend just loaned me the book they are reading this week.

QOTD:  The year is half over, how do you feel about what you wanted to accomplish this year in life or running and what do you plan on doing to step it up if needed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Planning on a short 5 mile run later depending on how I feel.  Having some issues that shouldn't be spoken about in polite company .

Queen - Glad you had a good weekend.

QOTD: Disappointed  in both life and running. Been a little too depressed for my liking. That ends up with me not pushing as hard as what I should on some things. My pick up restoration project way is behind schedule and I didn't pay enough attention to a professional certification that I like to keep so I didn't realize they changed the requirements for recertification and I lost it. Now I'll have to take the class again this winter . In addition to that I'm just way behind in getting things done around the house considering that it's already the end of June.

For running, I'm getting my miles in, it's just that they are not where I want them to be. Too much road and the trails are 2nd rate trails. Good for training but not for fun.  I haven't even been able to get up to my normal training grounds this year.  I set a goal of 2000 bike miles knowing that was a long shot but hoping for at least 1500. I'll be lucky to get in 1000.

XtremeTaper

No run yet today, but as you say it's Monday, a new week, and time to get back to some more regular running. So that is the plan this week, get back to 6-7 days of running regardless of miles. Frequency first, miles second. So 5-7 miles is the plan for this evening. TTBD (trail to be determined).

QOTD: Running wise... I will have about 1500 miles for the first half of the year, completed my goal 100 miler, WSQ, so yes pretty good. I don't have plans for any other ultras this summer or fall but one never knows. The past few years I've pretty much run for fun in the summer and fall, and stuck with shorter local trail races. Lifewise.. same is it ever was. Would like to declutter things around the house but does not seem to happen.

Queenie - You can send me that golden ticket!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Had a good weekend of running; 12 quality miles on Saturday and a nice 8 miler in Missoula with a buddy on Sunday. I feel like my ankle is close to 90%, hoping for a run in the upper teens this weekend, have a tough 25 miler the following weekend. Strength training and biking to work today.

qotd: running wise feeling pretty good coming up on the halfway point, think I will make my 1500 miles for the year.  more importantly, getting in lots of adventure hikes/runs, with plenty more planned for the remainder of the year.  life wise, good too- I'm ready to fully retire, but the current job isn't too bad- I'll tough it out for three more years 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Afternoon folks.  No running for me today but I plan to get to the gym later.  I don't think the foot can do two days in a row (is there an emoticon for gritting your teeth in frustration? If so, insert here).

Queen- that's my kind of book club!

DD-Yes, sometimes there is such a thing as TMI, but try telling that to Queen and Muppy 

XT-recovery's over eh?

qotd:  meh.  In a slump in both, but then again, thankful I have nothing truly to complain about.

muppy

DD-Yes, sometimes there is such a thing as TMI, but try telling that to Queen and Muppy 

I feel as though I am being singled out for some reason???

6.1 hilly miles on the trails at my work yesterday.

QOTD  my running was less than desirable for the first half of the year but I got engaged and bought a house on the personal side of things.  For the second half of the year I'm debating whether to do blues Cruise a 50 K or a 24 hour run in New Jersey, one day the fair.

Gator eye

Rest day, bit the dust hard yesterday morning. I stepped off a dirt road cause Mother Nature was being a bitch and demanded some attention with exactly 30 second warning, anyway as I walked back to the road I got bit by a mean piece of barbed wire that rapped around and bit into both ankles and somehow tied up the top of my shoes in one painful knot. I ended up with a knot on my forehead, some deep cuts on both ankles and rips in the tops of my shoes.

QOTD: Running wise a little behind but not bad as I was dealing with some PF the first part of the year.

Work, not to bad. Starting to feel alittle more comfortable  at my new job.

Wine with a good book, hum sound like my kind of place.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today, and had an atypical URD yesterday, with a bad cough and sore throat. Still feel pretty crappy today, but up and around.

Gator - good thing you fell AFTER the nature call. Cold have been a real mess.

Queen - Whine Wine and book = most book clubs. DW usually read about 1/2 of the books, but never misses book club.

Dreamer - We're not polite company?

DC and Warden - hope you two are healing up.

XT - Clutter for us as well. Way too much clutter.

Muppy - Blues Cruise is a great race. Have you done that one before?  There's always Labor Pains.

QOTD:  I run, and I'm happy. That about suns it up.  Would love to sell everything and move around in one of those Tiny Houses when I grow up, but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

AT- that's how you look at the better side of a situation. Lol

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi everyone!

I'm taking a SRD today aside from walking the dog.  Got in some moderate mileage last week and am hoping to do the same this week.  My poor bike has been neglected this year.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

QOTD: Miraculously, I am on track for around 1500 miles this year.  That's sort of unfathomable for me since all my hip issues, so I am hesitantly excited.  I haven't been able to consistently put in miles like this in well over 4 years.  I'm just bracing myself for another injury.  How's that for optimism?

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet today.  I will try and get in a couple miles with DS1 here soon but maybe nothing after that.  Knees bothering me a bit over the weekend and I need to monitor that.  Mileage for the month I am doing ok - a few more days to work with.

Gator - boo to the barb wire.  Suppose it could have been worse.

QOTD: Life has been super busy.  Between teaching and working on my own dissertation - not to mention the kids, my f/t job, projects around the house....just a little busy but it's all good.  Running, I am surprised I have any time for it.  But I squeeze it in when possible and even sometimes when it's not possible.  I have been healthy (knock on wood) and hope to keep it that way.

Have a good evening!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

AT- that's how you look at the better side of a situation. Lol

"Always look on the bright side of life".  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

6 miles 51 min around thr mt. most humd day of the year!

qotd  as long as I stay close to 50 mpw when its getting to 90+ I am OK .

I will go farther and faster in the fall.

fire craker 10k this wekend

Sandy-2

Took a planned SRD on Monday and today I will do an easy 5 mi after work.  Just need to do a few days of easy 5 milers to get the foot used to running again. It feels stronger each day and I have to make sure I don’t go back to “PF ground zero” by pushing it too much.

QoN:  Screw the chores, everyone’s house is messy.  Although I do understand the sentiment. By the way, I say go for WS2017.

DD1: Polite company?  I guess you are referring to any lurkers out there.

XT: I like your reference to “frequency first”, that’s what I am currently doing on my “come back”.

mt: glad to hear that the ankle is getting there.  When you say “upper teens” are you referring to miles or temps?

runtraildc: there seems to be a lot of foot fetishes frustrations going on around here.  Hope yours clears up soon.

muppy: running? what’s that compared to getting engaged and buying a house?

GE: dang, you would have been better just “doing it in the road” as the song says.

AT: I also had a 24 hour bug last Friday had the chills and a fever – weird I’m so falling apart these days.  Anyway I went to bed early and slept for about 15 hours, at some point in my sleep I remembered sweating like crazy, knocked it right out.  I have no idea what it was, but it’s gone now.

MM: I say let the bike gather dust.

Mr Jamie: you know running is bad for you knees, right?

QOTD:  So far things apart from running are good, in the next few months the Company and I have to figure out whether I’m staying here a little longer or going back to the States.  If I do go back it’ll probably be at the end of November.  Stay tuned on that front.

My running started out ok this year, but lately I’ve hit a few bumps in the road.  I feel like I’m falling apart.  However, I’m optimistic that I’m on the right track now and I actually lost a few pounds, which is good because UTMF is about 12 weeks away and I gotta get going.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL