Trailer Trash

Thrilling Thursdaily (Read 25 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Thursday is not likely to be thrilling to me...but hopefully for some of you. Rest day for me, as Ihave ggrandmother duties after work. Last night I had a marvelous 5 mile run. The weather here is perfect. It is supposed to warmup Saturday...of course...bbecause I prefer it to be cool!

Qotd: I can't think of anything. I know one of you will come up with something interesting... we have had some great qotds lately!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

I'll run an easy 3 at the gym on the TM after work, and I will probably do another 3 tomorrow morning, real easy. I may do a short little weight training workout, but I doubt it will be much to that.

LB2

Occasional Runner

5 with the pup this morning.

I have another skunk living under my shed. It must be an entire skunk family because the dogs killed one last week. It's time for drastic measures!

Birdwell

7 late last night after a long day of driving.

Weather is starting to cool off and get decent!

DigDug2

6 this a.m. on roads with strides.  SRD tomorrow, 32 mile race on Saturday (the inaugural "Shawangunk Ridge Trail Run/Hike").

QOTD:  What's living under your house/shed?  Me - woodchucks, under one of our porches and under the kids' playhouse in the backyard.  I'm sure they're doing some kind of damage, but they seem to mind their own business, so I'm going to ignore them.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 5.6 amazing trail miles last night.  Just one of those really, really good runs.  I needed that.  Bike commute to work for me today.  Gotta taper for this weekend.  Or, uh, something.

QOTD: I have neither house, nor shed. 

Running is dumb.

The pooch and I had another nice cool 4 mile trail run. Love this weather!

QOTD: My basement shop where I spend a lot of my time is under the house, so I'll say me Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Trying to get back into a routine after just an epic backpacking trip in the Wind River range. Maybe my finest ever. Managed to drag my butt out of bed early and ran some some trail intervals by headlamp this morning.  Hopefully get some quality runs in up north this weekend. Hopefully some good grouse hunting too.

QOTD-- Nothing under that I know of. Around these parts there is usually a lawyer or two under every nearby rock. (I know there are a couple lawyers here, couldn't resist)  Sadly, I have some bats that are somehow getting into my woodstove at the cabin and can't get out kinda like a minnow trap I guess. I have been up on the roof looking at the chimney and can't figure out where they are getting in but I know they don't need but the tiniest gap. I'm gonna have to call someone I guess. It is tragic.

Daydreamer1

Heading for central Michigan to spend some time with DW's sister and her husband. Hopefully get in a few runs on the rail trail that's near their place.

QOTD: Under the shed are bunnies and the occasional groundhog. The bunnies are OK but I hate the Groundhogs. DW popped one with the .22 mag. She thought she missed because it  scooted back under the shed. Several days later it started to stink so we knew she got it. I told her to use the deer rifle the next time so it would anchor it on the spot.

Under my house is a different story. There is some type of animal in the cellar apartment. It's living quarters are typically a mess, which I'm told is typical for these animals in the 20-25 year old range,  and it has it's moods of ignoring me. Until it needs something done like this past week, then I'll hear "Dad can you change the oil in my car". Sometimes I get paid for those jobs with a kiss .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

To be quite honest I haven't run since Monday...but do plan on running tonight and most like will since the husband is going out of town for a couple nights. We had a nice little rain here which is good.  There is a fire 50 miles away that increased in size over night from 25,000 acrces to 50,000 and 5% contained.  Not good.

QOTD: Mole..not neccessary under the house but under elsewhere.  I will also say me since our bedroom is under the house.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 1/2 mile today and had to stop.  Woke up with sciatica down right leg and it usually feels better when I run.  Not today.  I moved a heavy wood stove on Saturday and I'm sure that was the culprit.

I'll self medicate tonight at the local craft brew pub.  It's a special mugger night to taste the new Octoberfest that was finished in a bourbon barrel.  Beermaster says it came in at 9.6% ABV, so won't be drinking much.

Queen - Good luck with the fires.  Hope they stay away.

MM - so happy to hear runs are getting linger.

DD2 - Good luck this weekend.

Who else is racing or pacing or volunteering?

QOTD:  2 years ago has baby skunk somehow get into an old cistern under our back room.  Had to cut a hole in the floor and catch it with the swimming pool leaf net.  That was fun.  Took a 2 weeks to get rid of the smell in the house.  Lately, just groundhogs under the deck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Went to yoga at lunch today.  Didn't run last night as planned as everything fell apart, as often happens with kids and life.  I still have hopes of fitting that in later today.  It's been a beautiful fall so far.

qotd:  chipmunks, though I have never seen them, just their burrows.  and I found some evidence of mice in the basement.  need to do something about that.   And a fox I think has moved into the space under the neighbor's shed as the booming rabbit population has suddenly dwindled.

Watoni

Had a decent lunch ride yesterday .... lunch run today. We finally had a spot of rain here in drought land, so breaking out the technical shoes and going for some dirt/mud/wet roots.

QOTD: There are definitely rodents on occasion. More deer in the pastures lately .... I would post a picture of the deer on the trail I found the other day running .... trying to decide whether it was hit by a car, limped off and some coyotes got it, or whether it was a mountain lion. Probably the former ...

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I got into a fight last night with a kitchen chair, and I'm embarrassed to admit that the chair won. Broken toe, dislocated base joint - put me on the "injured" list. 

But thanks, AT, for the marvelous magical cure from tap. I'll try that, too.

On my run yesterday, I saw signs "Prescribed burn zone" - I guess that means there might be a few days of no running there? Anyways, no real danger to my trails, they'll probably open later in the season again.

DD1: Your wife sounds like quite a hands-on person. Hands on the gun, that is. Respect!

QOTD: Groundhogs and chipmunks in the rock retaining wall in front of our house. I like those critters, even though they have at times destroyed my flowers, and recently the neighbor's car (electric wires).

And millions of ants somewhere close to and around the house - it's a constant battle against them, as they are trying to come into our house. But - knock on wood - we won the last three years! Yay!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got into a fight last night with a kitchen chair, and I'm embarrassed to admit that the chair won. Broken toe, dislocated base joint - put me on the "injured" list. 

You broke your toe?!  Oh no!  Do you know how long you're out for?

Running is dumb.