Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

Another great 6 mile trail run for the pooch and me.  It was a bit less sticky after last night's storms that rolled through.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Had a nice 6 mile run this morning.  Saw something I haven't seen in over a month- people! Big grin  Almost looked like it might have been a group, they were strung out a bit, but close enough I think they started together.  No one parked at the trailhead where I was at, but there are several other ways to access it.

which leads to the qotd: how much "traffic" to do you typically see on your trails?  the traffic is pretty light where (and maybe when???) I run- definitely see more folks on the weekend, but even then it's not many

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

QOTD: We usually run early enough to avoid too much traffic.  We typically see anywhere from 0 to 6 other folks on the trail.   A good bit less than half of them are runners.  The rest are a mix of hikers and mountain bikers.  On the week end we might see more, but it depends.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

URD today that will become cross training.  We got hit pretty hard by a small twister last night.  Many trees down in the yard.  No major house damage.  Lost several sections of fence and my gas grill was 100' off the back deck (in pieces).  We're hosting a family party in 2 weeks, so let the clean up begin.  Hopefully power will be restored by lunch time.  I'm closing the office early to spend some quality time with the chain saw.

QOTD:  Very light traffic on the side trails.  This time of year I see quite a bit on the AT.  It's peak time for thru-hikers to be at the 1/2 way point (Pine Grove Furnace, SP).  Mostly I see MT bikers and some horses.  Very rare for me to see other runners.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Another tapering SRD for me.  Flying up to CO today.

qotd:  During the week I usually run on the roads near my house, but at 5am I typically only see 1 or 2 people (a runner and a dog walker).  On weekends I run on greenbelts, but still early enough that I only see a few people.  When I hit the trails at the local park there are also only a few hikers, bikers and runners.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My garmin was dead so I ran an hour..maybe 5 miles.

Qotd:  I run into the same 4 people in the morning but only occasionally; the two walkers with a dog, a Mtbiker with a lose lab, and Bob and old guy walker.  Weekends we usually see Mt bikers when we are almost finished...they like to sleep in.

Thanks for all the kind words yesterday... watoni that's basically what my husband said for me to dig deep and see if I want to stay And be the partner he wants Me to be.....

Mandy: Jason was a great guy....always had an awesome attitude and smile for everyone even to the end of the hundy.

Sandy: Good luck this weekend..keep an eye out for Chris Gerber (cgerber)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Hanging out at work today getting pissed at incompetent management. Feeling slightly better then yesterday. I found out that I had a low grade fever so something's going on. Probably a sinus infection.

QOTD: Virtually none. It's very rare to see anyone on the trails. This spring the DCNR  re-blazed a bunch of trails in the area. Most are already so overgrown that you can't see the path.  It seems that no one uses them at all. This fall I plan on exploring some of them.

DigDug2

Hit the snooze this a.m. and didn't run - ran a hard progression run on the TM at lunch as penance.

QOTD:  lately, I see more runners and walkers on the rail trail in the early a.m.  On the local real trails, occasional hikers and the horsey set.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 quick miles before work, it was fun.

I am very tired today, but the temperature is lower than the last few days, so I might make it a double later.

Sandy: good luck!

QOTD: I am often alone out there. Sometimes I see one or two mountainbikers around the start, or packing up/getting ready at the trailhead, but they use different trails. Rarely I come across hikers or families. I run the steeper, gnarlier and more remote trails, and I probably see more wildlife than poeple.

Run for fun.

LB2

Great week last week. Crap this week. I got 2.5 with the dog on the trails after work. I am in much better shape than the dog. But he was neutered a few weeks ago, so maybe he will pick it back up soon.

QOTD: I don't see any traffic on the trails I run.

LB2