Trailer Trash

Zion 100 RR- A little Humor and a Lot of Pain (Read 60 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my Zion RR, complete with plenty of illustration on the ill effects of gluttonous behavior.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/04/2014-zion-100-bouncing-back-from-dead.html

Thanks for checking it out.

Birdwell

It's impressive to see how well you bounced back after that first tough stretch. You made up a lot of ground from Virgin Dam on.

Great job as usual.

total side track- in your picture from the Virgin dam aid station (Picture 10, where you're holding the PBR), my daughter makes an appearance. She's the colorful sweater (with faced blocked out) right behind you, cutting up oranges (her official aid station job), standing next to her brand new BFF from race day (the girl in the pink hooded jacket).

I'll tell her she's famous!

Occasional Runner

It's impressive to see how well you bounced back after that first tough stretch. You made up a lot of ground from Virgin Dam on.

Great job as usual.

total side track- in your picture from the Virgin dam aid station, where you're holding the PBR, my daughter makes an appearance. She's the colorful sweater (with faced blocked out) right behind you, cutting up oranges (her official aid station job), standing next to her brand new BFF from race day (the girl in the pink hooded jacket).

I'll tell her she's famous!

I had an 11 hour front half and a 12:40ish back half. That differential is pretty good, but I had a terrible first 50 so it's not representative of a normal spread.

That's funny about your daughter. Maybe she'll get a kick out of the picture.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good on Jo!

That's rough breaking down 16 miles in.  Big congrats on getting through it and adding another buckle to the pile.  Take it easy for a couple weeks...sheesh.

**Ask me about streaking**

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I thought I was overdoing the racing when I added a 24-hour race only 3 weeks after a 50K, but your schedule is insane. Hope you have the time to recover and enjoy some training before your next one.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thanks for sharing.  Another good report.

Rest up.....Boston is gonna be brutal! Hope you can handle it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Thanks for sharing.  Another good report.

Rest up.....Boston is gonna be brutal! Hope you can handle it.

Training for Boston starts today! I'm thinking about a new 26.2 sticker for my truck.

On another note, does anybody know if trekking poles are allowed on Heartbreak Hill?

Sandy-2

lace_up, great job once again.  Way to stick it out, grunt thru, and then come back.  Kudos to Jo as well.  Congrats!!

Training for Boston starts today! I'm thinking about a new 26.2 sticker for my truck.

On another note, does anybody know if trekking poles are allowed on Heartbreak Hill?

Noooooo, don't break out the poles at Boston, the next thing you'll know there will be millions of road runners with them.  Oh yeah, speaking of the roads, don't forget to wash the mud off you shoes.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Messenjah

OK, I am glad you addressed the Altra's. I saw the sole in one of the pics (yes, I am a shoe nerd) and I vaguely remember a conversation in the past about you not understanding the shoes. I don't run in them just wondering your thoughts now that you've put so many miles on them in a short period of time.

Occasional Runner

Noooooo, don't break out the poles at Boston, the next thing you'll know there will be millions of road runners with them.  Oh yeah, speaking of the roads, don't forget to wash the mud off you shoes.

Thanks, Sandy.

I'm going to run Boston as a total dirtbag trail runner.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Don't forget the gaiters

**Ask me about streaking**

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Heartbreak is just a bump in the road. You'll be over it before you realize you just ran the second most famous hill in Massachusetts after Bunker Hill.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm going to run Boston as a total dirtbag trail runner.

You need to run in full trail gear including a pack, poles, muddy shoes, etc.  (and a sign that says "Will stop for beer").

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

You need to run in full trail gear including a pack, poles, muddy shoes, etc.  (and a sign that says "Will stop for beer").

I was thinking about beer at the Boston Marathon this morning (as I was thinking about beer in general). I imagine there'll be plenty of it along the course.

muppy

Great job on pushing through the low spots, congratulations ! Pretty sure I could've done it.

I'm picturing you running the Boston Marathon with one of those beer hats with the PBR cans on each side, and a tube coming down to your mouth!

(Really wish I could post pictures from my phone)