Trailer Trash

Boxing Daily (Read 15 times)

Sandy-2

Happy Boxing Day.  I still don't know what Boxing Day is, but my British friends always say that.

Did 5 mi this morning, another high humidity suck-fest at 75 deg this morning. I did play with my new GPS watch, I like it. Forerunner 230, said I did 5.38mi.

qotd: Favorate gift (given or received)? I do really like the the GPS.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Went to the gym this morning. It was crazy busy which I expected but since It will be Friday until I can get there it was brave the crowds or miss out on lifting.  There was a mix of kids home from college, kids being off school, the normal after work crowd coming in early since they are not at work and then those people getting a start on the new year resolution.  Had one older guy trying to lift more than the kids . The idiot was turning beat red. I wanted to tell him if he dropped over I was going to forget how to do CPR.

It took a while but I ended up with a good lifting session but the cardio room was so full that I decided to come home and jump on the bike instead of battling for a rowing machine.  I'll probably do 30-45 minutes.

Sandy - I just spent about 10 minutes reading about Boxing day and I'm still confused.  Seems like it's one of those days that can be what ever you want it to be depending on the country you're in.

QOTD:  I got a Polar M400 Heart rate monitor with GPS and a weather station. Need some mounting brackets for the weather station so I don't know how that will be but I know I'll enjoy monitoring the weather. So far I'm happy to have a HR monitor again and I like the features on this one. Time will tell which becomes my favorite. DD got DW a black bear lamp. DW loves bears so she is really happy with that and it does look really cool.

AT-runner

Tim

5 miles in the cool mist up in the woods. I'm off work today, so decided to run on my usual SRD.  Based on my calorie consumption over the weekend, it's a good thing I ran.

My British friend told me Boxing Day was the day after Christmas when servants were given the day off and received a Christmas Box, that had goodies and some gift and/or money. Since servants were all working on Christmas day, the day after was their holiday.  Don't know what Mr Google has to say about it, but might look it later.

QOTD:  We made a donation to the James Walton Home.  It's a place where veterans can get back on their feet, and named after a good friend who was killed in Afghanistan.  We did this instead of giving gifts to our parents since my mom and DW's parents all knew Jim and his family.  DW's father was very happy with the gesture and said he was going to make his own donation. I got a nice message from Jim's sister and parent's, and that was worth every penny.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.6 miles more or less a steady state run. The Effort was there but the pace was lacking.

qotd: compact binoculars for hikers. I'd casually mentioned to my DD at the MDI Marathon that my large, heavy ones were a real pain for hiking, then promptly forgot about it, so I was very pleasantly surprised that she remembered.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Well, in a brief moment of insanity I just signed up for one of the last spots in the Beaverhead 55k.   DW just said "isn't it a little weird to be signing up for a brutal ultra when you can't even run yet'?  Didn't really have a good answer for her. I guess I just need the little motivational carrot in front of me.

Did do a fast paced walk on some blacktop bike trails of 4 miles then met DW at a nearby dog park for a little more walking.

QOTD--Bought myself a Glock M27 and an ACR personal locator beacon device in the last few days. It is all about me afterall. 

NHLA

Rest day.

qotd  RTIC 30 oz mug.  Keeps ice for 12 hrs with top off.

runtraildc

Got in just under 5 yesterday in slushy snow and freezing rain. On the roads and at dusk no less.  Only managed a couple of miles tonight doing a hilly out and back (and then repeat). The wind chill on the out section was low single digits for which I wasn't fully prepared.

qotd: hmmm, probably some cash to put towards new trail shoes