Trailer Trash

Who is here? (Read 57 times)

runtraildc

Hi everyone,

It probably has not gone unnoticed by many that things are getting a little quiet around here.

Time for a roll call! If you've been just reading (we do get a lot of 'views'),  out injured or life has just taken you in other directions, now is the time to jump in and say 'hello'. Updates appreciated, but not required.   If you're new, and I hope we can inspire some shy readers/lurkers to join in with their voices, please jump in and  introduce yourself.

Don't limit yourself-- but we do love to hear about where and why you run.  And of course, you do NOT need to be an ultra runner here (case in point).

runtraildc

So, runtrailDC here (or Nancy).  Living in MD on the edge of DC. This area has amazing green spaces, mostly due to the number of national parks within or around the beltway.   Winters are pretty nice too.

I've been on a streak since Labor Day and this week, I've been feeling like my old running self again.  Nice after such mediocre running for the last 18 months or so (mostly due to injuries and minor issues).

Favorite place to run?  Rock Creek Park-- western ridge trail.  Has everything-- roots, rocks, hills and rarely anyone else (unless it is a nice weekend day).

LB2

I'm here.

LB2 (Burke)

Southeast Louisiana (Greensburg)

I really like running in the mountains, but I only get to do that two or three times per year. 100 miler coming up in 29 days and looking forward to a taper. I'm tired.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm still here.  Just battling various injuries still.  My runs are sporadic and dependent upon how I feel.  It's really hard to balance two things that hurt at the same time.  I'm hopefully doing a long hike this weekend to see how my body does with just walking.  Trying to get ready to climb some mountains over Thanksgiving.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

This is Marie (Central PA) swerving by with flying banners.

Getting ready to head out for a few leisurely miles in wonderful autumn weather. The trees seem to be in full color now - first, it has been dragging out longer than usual this year, and then some trees sped it up, while others started losing their leaves already. I think we'll lose some color before the Tussey Mountainback 50 already this year, which is unusual. Even snow in the forecast for the coming weekend. 

QOTD: Rothrock State Forest - almost exclusively rocky, rooty, technical trails, with some swampy sections. Lots of hills, but nothing really long or high (about 1,500 ft elevation gain max). Some nice steep hills, some bad footing, boulders - a lot of variety to get ready for almost any race, except high altitudes.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

<------------------------------------- I'm here! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

raises hand 

going to do my hill repeat regimen this evening; as much as it sucks (and it does suck!) it appears it's paying some dividends- there are uphill stretches on my normal routes that go much more smoothly now

qotd: we have a wonderful trail system here in Helena, probably revivals anything in the nation, but my favorite places to run are the really wild mountains surrounding us

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Umm is this the dailies of a fishing excursion?  If so I ran 5.33 this am with the mutts who behaved nicely.  Could have been the after work run with them yesterday and not enough time to recover.

what's up DC you bored with us regular folks

I'm Sue, I am from Michigan but live in Northern California halfway between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.  I'm a trail runner which actually has nothing to do with ultras.  I just love running in the woods and cannot believe folks actually enjoy running any where else.  I run for health, to wear my dogs out, so I can eat and drink excessively.

Favorite:  My favorite trail would be in the woods (redwoods) on a single track (soft dirt) that snakes back and forth and has rolling hill climbs.  Right now close to home that would be the Yuba trail.

Oh I'm a Virgo, married, old, no kids, two dogs, no mortgage.   I'm sarcastic and always try to attempt humor.  If you find something I say offensive it was not meant to be. I talk like a sailor and have the sense of humor like a 12 year old boy. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Hey everybody!

My real name is Mark, Muppy is the nickname my family calls me.  I live in a little town right next to Hershey PA. My running dropped off over the summer due to a delightful bone spur that's digging into my Achilles tendon. Luckily that seems to be fading a little bit now so I'm getting back into it and planning to do a race the beginning of December. ( it's just a half marathon on a canal path beside the Potomac River and Washington DC)

It's hard to say my favorite trail, I'm lucky enough to be a short distance from the horseshoe Trail, the Appalachian Trail, a few miles of trails at work that I take care of, blue marsh Lake, and tons of other trails around.

moonlightrunner

Moonlightrunner here (Cindy). I have been shamefully lurking lately and posting little. I love to run trails...mostly wooded trails here in SW lower Michigan. I have run two ultras and want to do more. But....I am the defacto second parent to my toddler grandchildren...and parent to my immature adult daughter. It has hamstrung my access to consistent training...not to mention any ki,d of life outside of work and home. I do still run...just not with the frequency most people here do.

I did get 5 fun miles in yesterday ppushing the kids in the running stroller. We sing songs and I taught the 3 year old to chant "go nanna go!" When I push them up a hill. I even take the on some single track...they love the bumps!

Tonight...waiting to find out..I might get a run in without the kids...I will run my current favorite. It is a trail at an old dump. Some guy has worked over 10 years making it a mountain bike trail. It is a fun, twisty , turney bit of fun. He has done a great job!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George here. Haven't been running on trails much, so have been quiet. Took an 8 day break at the beginning of the month to see if that would reduce my hip/butt pain (medial glute). Seems to have worked somewhat, still a very minor annoyance.

Favorite place to run? I actually enjoy intervals on the track, otherwise Valley Forge NP where I have the option of roads, paved trail, groomed trail, or single-track.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DigDug2

DigDug2 (Brian) reporting in from CT.  I'm on the non-ultra side of the trail running camp and also do a lot of road running - just prefer to run and race on trails.

Stationary bike again today, giving my feet a break this week.  I sweat buckets on the bike - really unpleasant, actually.

Favorite place to run regularly is a state park across the line in Westchester County, NY (Ward Pound Ridge Reservation) - big enough to string together a bunch of different 12-13 mile loops and a great variety of trails.

AT-runner

Tim

Present and accounted.

Tim from Gettysburg, PA.  Still call myself a Marylander.

Have been running the trails in and around Michaux Forest for 16 years now. Was a road runner before that. My runs usually connect with sections of the AT, hence "AT-runner".  Dozens of marathons and ultra's but now like mostly running for some adventure.  Fastpack, but not as much this year as I would have liked.

When I grow up, I want to run in areas like mtwarden.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

No, it was not meant as the dailies!!  But whatever you folks want to do- just go ahead and hijack it but leave room for absentee/new folks to join in anytime.   And yes, I think us regular folks are starting to bore ourselves    We need new voices at the dinner table.  As a virgo, you should know that. 

I was also hoping we'd get an update from TT & Marley, Jonferg, sugnim and some other missing folks as well as get some new folks to say 'hi'.  No pressure, though.

Umm is this the dailies of a fishing excursion?  If so I ran 5.33 this am with the mutts who behaved nicely.  Could have been the after work run with them yesterday and not enough time to recover.

what's up DC you bored with us regular folks

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm sarcastic and always try to attempt humor.  If you find something I say offensive it was not meant to be. I talk like a sailor and have the sense of humor like a 12 year old boy. 

That's why we love you, Sue! 

Running is dumb.