Trailer Trash

Finish Strong Friday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I guess I will finish the week strong by running tonight. I planned on 40 miles, but I am scaling it back to back to back 20's. One will be tonight. The other will be early Sunday AM and maybe another hike Sunday PM. I just have too much going on, and I ran 30 miles last Friday night. I'll hit that 40 next Friday.

QOTD: How often do you flex your running schedule?

I do it all the time depending on what I have going on. Everything is tentative when it comes to those long runs.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

No time to run today. Busy wrapping things up and we leave at 5:00.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Good luck to any racers and pacers out there.

QOTD:  I stick pretty close to schedule, but will change things up for how my body feels.  I moved one of my b2b2b weekends around in the spring when I felt I needed and extra week to be ready for it. It worked out fine, so probably a good move listening to the old body.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

A mix of summer and fall last evening on the blue trail at Green Lane with the Lady. A bit of color, some leaves on the trail, smells of fall, but warm and humid. It was all very nice, but the running itself was still pretty bad. Maybe it's all I've got now? Oh well... 5 miles is better than nothing! Just weights and such at the gym so far today unless I am bad and do a few miles tonight.

QOTD: I'd say very flexible as last few years my training cycles have mostly been about weekly volume and the occasional long run, no real structure other than getting in the appropriate number of miles and long runs for the goal race. I have been pretty haphazard about it, but would get some focus the closer I would get to the race. Of course now I am just trying to get back to somewhat normal running.

AT - Safe travels and have a good trip/time.

LB - Have fun with the b2b and next week 40. Never went that long with a training run myself.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB - Have fun with the b2b and next week 40. Never went that long with a training run myself.

I was going to do a 40 mile FA run tomorrow, but my FIL wants me to go to an outdoor expo and then there is a birthday party tomorrow evening. I had already committed to the expo before I realized the FA was tomorrow. And, I hadn't ordered any Tailwind... I am stacking these miles up pretty good right now and feeling okay. Hopefully, I can time things well this time around.

LB2

LB2

XT: Are you totally out for Pinhoti or still holding out some hope?

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

over an inch of heavenly rain here and more coming; might take Tiny E out for 3-4 miles after work- we'll see.

qotd: very flexible- I'm always changing things on the fly- usually due to weather, but sometimes other things. I usually look at my running more in a week or even month perspective vs a day- makes life a little easier

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √